Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. Unfortunately that's going to happen for a while. Stick close just like you're doing and it'll pass just like the last one.
  2. Yea, it's hot here and I know he doesn't like the heat. Last time he hid for a couple of days so ……………...
  3. Haven't seen my bunny since Friday night when I went to bed, hope he's just hiding under the deck like last time 😧
  4. Yes Michelle, do whatever it takes. There's no shame in using NRT's
  5. You've already tried immersing yourself in something else and it always leads you back to smoking. Try sticking close this time, it worked for me and many others and it's a great way to keep your mind off the craves!
  6. What a good, honest post Michelle. Yes it is the two year old throwing a tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants. Ask yourself, would that two year old get what she wants if you knew it was going to hurt or kill her? The answer is no. Practice self discipline just like you did with your other addictions and you will succeed. None of us are special, well except me maybe 😜
  7. Yay Richard, congratulations on 2 months free!
  8. Good on you for posting Michelle. Try my air cigarette to get you past the crave. Just pretend you're holding a cig and go through the motions of "smoking" it. It worked unbelievably well at tricking my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. You can also use a cut straw or pen, etc. Unfortunately even with the patch you are going to face some pretty bad craves but each one you get past makes you stronger and them weaker, so power through. You CAN do it
  9. Awesome Diane, glad you had a good, smoke free, time. Your First of many....
  10. jillar replied to Jimmyss's topic in Games
    False, that's so my grandma lol TNP is superstitious
  11. Gnarly That was gnarly! Gnarly=wild or crazy
  12. Yea, I'll go with Jo's answer for a cackle berry Evil That was evil Evil=mean
  13. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Another day another dollar
  14. What happened to your ticker @Eight-Toe Joe ?!
  15. Yea but I was trying to be nice? 😄😄
  16. I beg to differ on that because there were a lot of recovery symptoms I went through. One of them being insomnia. Also my gums bled, tongue was super sore, the infamous brain fog. These were not psychological. They were actual things that happened while my body tried to repair itself!
  17. Great job Diane, I stayed close to home for almost my first month because I didn't trust myself to not stop at a store!
  18. @Eight-Toe Joe, one thing you may want to try that I did was take a night time Bayer. Just one was enough to help me get that much needed sleep
  19. Welcome hellkat, yes the first few months are the worst! Each month I read my posts from beginning to end just so I wouldn't forget where I came from. We have a great thread pinned to the top of the SOS forum to pre rrspond to your own SOS. I highly recommend you making yourself one and read it often, especially when you feel yourself caving to a crave. I also am a big fan of posting an SOS if you need that extra support. We will come running to help you get through the crave
  20. I'll nominate Sazerac for all the videos she likes to post and bump
  21. Keep posting Kate and keep reminding yourself of all those reasons you have to stay quit. Stay close, I really think we're your missing link to get past the hurdles that cause you to fail each time. Use us to help you past the tough times!
  22. No, is that a thing in Australia?
  23. Bogus That's bogus man Bogus=not cool
  24. jillar replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    You can tell a lot about a man by the type of underwear he wears, just saying......
  25. jillar replied to Jimmyss's topic in Games
    True, two landline phone numbers, one for business and one for home TNP has a fax machine

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.