Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lin-quitting

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lin-quitting

  1. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  2. Same thread, better title. Spring was here before Now it's gone I'm chilled all through Tired of winter's cold
  3. Awesome work ip! Celebrate your accomplishment today.....and then keep it up! Congratulations.
  4. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  5. Happy smoke-free holidaying Claire.
  6. Epic job there Chrysalis! Congratulations on reaching 4 years of clean freedom.
  7. That's fantastic Glory! Congratulations on staying quit for 4 years!
  8. Hi Wren, glad to have you join us here. Congratulations on reaching almost 3 months of freedom. Keep up your great work, and stay in touch!
  9. Hi 40Strong/Farmgirl! I remember your posting on the old site.....and I'm so glad that you found us all here. Having your cravings come back around 3 months is so normal, but you are strong and committed and disciplined and you will get through them, and be stronger than ever. Reaching 3 months quit is fantastic work - keep it up, I know you can do this! I'm like you, being so delighted with a new non-smoking life that I mourn all those years I was so stupid. Oh well, we're a lot smarter now, right?!!! Welcome aboard. Stay in touch and keep posting.
  10. That's fantastic Jo! You are a wonderful asset to this board, and I can't imagine how boring it would be around here without you. Congratulations on your 4 months of freedom.....and keep up the great work!
  11. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  12. A challenge. Photo of the cutest dog. Ever. In. The. History. Of. I submit In case you're wondering, she's a Schipperke. Who else? Entries being accepted now.....
  13. Wishing you 200 days plus a lifetime more of nonsmoking..... (you're doing great.)
  14. Go to bed early congratulating yourself on another day of success. "One day at a time" is only a cliché because it's so totally true.
  15. Here's my 6182. Gross. And you're right Jo, that bonfire is gonna STIIIINNNNNKKKK! Gag me with a spoon.
  16. Good grief, I forgot this this morning! I pledge NOPE today.
  17. Please pass along my best wishes for her recovery.
  18. Welcome Jordan. We are all here attesting to it being possible to quit and quit for good. Not easy, but it's very possible. Read read and read some more (see the sticky pages at the top of this section) and/or watch videos - education about the addiction is key toward overcoming it. And staying active here on this board will be a huge motivator and help also. Wishing you well with your health problems. Quitting smoking will be the best thing you could ever do to help with them.
  19. Good job on being strong Opah.
  20. ^^^ I've always wanted to say this. Sorry about the no eating or drinking thing Jo, but you got this. Just another one of life's challenges that will come along - and NONE of them really have anything to do with us smoking our way through them. We know better now, right?!!!
  21. Keep on being the good example to her that you're being. We all know that nagging never helped. But a loving nonjudgmental example? I'm certain it will. And it might help you stay on the straight and narrow, knowing you have to be disciplined in order to be her example.
  22. You dirty old man! Focus on your great-sounding hunting trips every time you have a craving. Focus on all that fresh air breathing you're gonna do 5 years from now (being smoke free 5 years from now!). And never forget the reasons behind the NOPE. You understand the NOPE now, you live the NOPE now, and forevermore. I know you can do this B, this time. No excuses, no relapses. Stay in touch.....
  23. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  24. I LOVE sh*t like this.....thank you Jo.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.