Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lin-quitting

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lin-quitting

  1. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  2. That was powerful and moving and I add my thanks to you for sharing with us Stzr.
  3. You know, we say it over and over again, that quitting often causes unusual physical and psychological symptoms.
  4. Wishing you the funnest vacay ever.
  5. Hi Gordo. Hang tough and take it one hour and one day at a time. Read and/or watch videos on here as much as you can find time for - education about the addiction is key to being successful at it. And stay close and post often - this place can be a huge support to your quit. We promise that all your quitting symptoms will get better and then go away - but only if you don't smoke! Welcome aboard.
  6. Well done Berk - you are on your way now! Two months quit is truly something to be proud of. Build on that and keep up the good work. Congratulations.
  7. That is wonderful Missdixie! Ten months is a sensational accomplishment and I hope you celebrate it today. Congratulations!
  8. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  9. Hi hos! Glad to have you aboard.
  10. Well done Shane, and I hope you celebrate your milestone today! Congratulations on reaching 2 months of freedom!
  11. You are an amazing role model here on QT Boo, and I am grateful to have you here for your continuing support for everyone. Congratulations on your 2-year milestone!
  12. Yeah, I remember time just absolutely stopping there for the first couple months of my quit. My ticker just stood still and would not move (tickers are awesome Steve, you'll love having one when the site gets them up and running again. They're a powerful motivator.). But time IS marching on and you are getting stronger and better in your quit every hour and every day. Seven days is fantastic work! You can do this! You ARE doing this! (P.S. Won't you fill out your quit date on your profile page? It helps everyone to know where new member is in their quit.)
  13. We will be here for you Jo if you need us. And you know this: smoking won't help life's problems one little bit. It will make them worse. Sending good vibes and hugs.....
  14. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  15. True ^^^ that. We've all been there Steve. And we hung tough and came out the other side and you can too, we promise. Hard candies, air cigs, exercise, sex, sleeping, pillow-punching.....do whatever you have to do to get through these first hours and days. You get stronger against the addiction every day you stay clean. It will get easier. But only if you don't smoke.
  16. Hi CAquitter, glad to have you join us. Quitting is absolutely the best thing you can do for your health - and your entire life - and I congratulate you on making that brave decision. Build on these first 4 days you have in. Read everything you can find time for about the addiction, as education is essential for us to overcome it. Learn why we live by the NOPE pledge. Plan some craving strategies. Quitting isn't easy, but it's very doable and might not even be as bad as you think. Welcome aboard. Stay in touch.
  17. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  18. My absolute favorite quit-smoking-related quote: "There is nothing the addict loves so much as the possibility of a loophole." I've heard some doozies in my year of quitting. Our brains are capable of amazing justifications and lies. That you are recognizing this, this early in your quit, bodes well. It will arm you in your fight against the addiction. Please believe me when I say that you will eventually get to the point where the lies are easy to resist. It just takes time. Stay the course. One hour and one day at a time. You're doing super work Steve - 4 days is fantastic. Keep it up.
  19. You are working this quit like a boss Jetblack! Congratulations on reaching 5 months of smobriety.
  20. Well, there's no such thing as too much celebrating on here!
  21. Thank you Jimmy. I agree.
  22. Congratulations Mollie! I hope you celebrate your super accomplishment today.
  23. Five months Sparkzzz! You are doing this! Congratulations on a fantastic job of quitting.
  24. Hi Jordan. Huge congratulations on reaching 3 years quit. I'm glad that you are joining us.
  25. Hi Doug. You have found an amazing place to help you with your quit: these peeps understand what you will be going through and are ready and willing to help. Education about the addiction is essential to overcoming it. Read and/or watch videos every minute you can spare. Stay close and active here on Quit Train. Welcome aboard. I look forward to following your successful quit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.