Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lin-quitting

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lin-quitting

  1. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  2. Hi Gabes, I'm also glad you've found your way here to us and still quit. You can't quit for your wife. It's too bad that it has to be that way, but it is. You are quitting for yourself and yourself only. You have your own excellent reasons for quitting. You are committed to quitting. So what anyone else in the world does around you really doesn't matter. If your wife smokes, then maybe you will have to be her good example. It's all you can do, quit for yourself but show her what life can be as a nonsmoker. Be strong, be tough. And hope that she sees how much better her life and health could be in joining you. It's all we can do with our loved ones. 2 m 2d 21h Gabe: you are on your way! You can do this. Talk to your wife about your quits.....and then keep up your work!
  3. I don't deserve all these kind words! I mean, you all are the reason I'm here celebrating today: I literally do not think I would have made it without you. I should be celebrating YOU , not the other way around. I don't have enough words tonight to express myself. I've been near tears several times today with what I think is sheer happiness at what I - and you my support group - have accomplished this last year. Silly, yes? But it's how I feel: quitting smoking has made me very very happy. So: thank you. Thank you friends old and new. Newbies: get to work. You can do this. You'll love it. It's worth whatever you have to go through.
  4. It feels amazing to pledge NOPE for the 365th day in a row.....and so I will! A big beautiful NOPE to commemorate one year of smobriety.
  5. Way to go Octain, you are doing amazing work! Congratulations on reaching 2 months quit.
  6. Good morning. I pledge that today is a NOPE day.
  7. It IS a great post Doreen - something all newbies can and should take to heart. Thanks for the bump.
  8. OMG and LOL guys. My face is about to split in half from my smiling on here tonight.
  9. Sending good thoughts and vibes out to you Gon, hoping to ease what you are going through. Thank you for thinking of us.
  10. Hi Grund, I'm so glad you found your way to us. You'll like it here.
  11. Oh I'm so glad to see you Dutchess! This Quit Train has been totally helpful and welcoming to all we refugees and I think we're all settling in pretty peacefully. You'll like it here. Yep we've got some celebrating to do this month, don't we, with you and me and Beazel.....and who else?!!! I'm so excited - and even more so that you've made it here in time for my party! (you should see the huge grin on my face right now.)
  12. Thinking of you Lilly.....and hope you're still quit and feeling better.
  13. Hi Moom! I'm so glad that you found your way here to our new home. Jump in, the water's fine!
  14. Wow Joe, did you ever think you'd see 10 months of freedom?!!! Congratulations on all your hard work. Celebrate your accomplishment.
  15. H Getting your first month accomplished is huge Roopy, and I am so happy for you! Keep up your great work.....and congratulations!
  16. Congratulations on reaching 2 months of smobriety Martian! Your messages of help and support here on QT make me look forward to following many more months of your milestones.
  17. That's awesome Rory! Congratulations on reaching 2 months of freedom.
  18. That is some super work you're doing there Ela! Keep it up.....and congratulations!
  19. Sleep, eat, watch, punch, walk.....anything to get you through the next hour, and then the next one, without smoking. You know you can do this Steve. You know it's just temporary. You know it's gonna be worth it.
  20. Welcome Steve, glad to have you join us. Let us know if we can help you.
  21. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  22. Hi Stzr. It's good to see you again.
  23. Hi Mollie. It's good to see you.
  24. Fantastic job JKPK! Congratulations on reaching 2 months of freedom.
  25. That's wonderful Jimmy! We newbies need to hear success stories like yours. Congratulations!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.