Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. I know yesterday was a tough one. How is today for ya buddy? x
  2. Still winning replied to rowlyd's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    You are stronger then that one!! You just don't smoke that one ya hear, cause all it's buddies come flooding after and you SOOOO don't want them too!! You have not smoked so many times, this is just another time. Pleased you're busy, what ya doing?? Can you get a run or a power walk in there somewhere- I know you like exercise and it kicks these craves to the kerb the quickest. x
  3. I love this...and I think your wife and I may be distantly related.... haha. Always love your family pics Joe. x
  4. Awww Chrispy, poor lil love. She looks proper grumpy :( 7/16 weeks, good lord that's so long!! How is she doing on those 5 min walks...happy, pained etc?
  5. I believe that we are reunited with our beloved pets later on. So sorry for your loss for now sweetie. xx
  6. It's a holy time of year...go wash your mouth out lol Pictionary for christmas - defo!!
  7. yes I do and yes I always do :) Wonder how many others do too, great poll!! I have another one for birthdays as the start of my personal new year.
  8. Sure, why have one when you can have 20 right :D
  9. Hey Yabmob, Great to see you checking in on the intro section and that you now have a full quit under your belt!! Amazing news :) Massive congrats to getting hell week done and marching forward!!
  10. Amazing!! So you have a full week quit under your belt now!!! Will pop a celebration thread up if there isn't one already there as that's fantastic and we should defo celebrate!! Is your quit date 30th Nov or 1st Dec...struggling to work out with the time difference :)
  11. I'll book the stripper!! I think maybe a fireman (then I get to do all the "hose" innuendo)
  12. Marti, short for Martine. Boring but true :)
  13. Dors has 9 months :) Happy 9 months free chicky. Horrible addiction can't have us anymore, we are marching towards our stripes. An honour to follow your path my friend. xx
  14. I too thought you were one of those who didn't need the board anymore and was off and running. I don't want to be harsh, I've been a smoker, it never helps. Tiff, you are still trying to convince yourself smoking is ok for you. I hear it come through in all you say above, yet I'm sure you've done this and got past it - did you not really? I'd be doing you no favours to say yes, eating and exercising will get rid of smoking illnesses, c'mon now - really?! You are a clever clever woman, wake up and smell the addiction!! That's it, there's no "enjoyment", "need", "me time" or any of that utter nonsense...it's addiction to nicotine. Your brain, every 20 minutes or so, starts dropping nicotine levels and starts asking for the next hit. End of story!! There will never be a time it stops doing that until you stop feeding it nicotine. every...twenty...minutes... Hope you stop torturing yourself to be honest. I want your freedom from this for you. xx
  15. Goodness, silent but deadly march there :) Utterly delighted for you and how well you are doing. How's the march, any help or support, just ask. xx
  16. I can't help much on the use or not of patches. I want to say I think you're doing amazing getting to day 3, sounds like you really want this journey and I am delighted for you!! With regards to advice and help, I think our bodies all go a little crazy when we first quit, I thought of it as healing from the inside out, there may be some bits and pieces. Everything was helped by fruit juice, water and exercise for me. Also by learning and reading, a number of us kept posting too. It helped to get encouragement as sometimes it was just a needing distraction time. We all learnt fairly quickly that it was a simple thought and a choice of whether to distract ourselves or smoke. Made clear for me when someone said you can do anything you like except put something in your mouth and set fire to it. I hope the exams went well too!!
  17. On sept 28th, I celebrated not smoking 6,000 cigarettes. Today I am at 8,125!!! That's a really large amount. I normally like my commitment levels to a cause but in this case, yikes, that's a big number. I see other normal quitters numbers, a lot are nowhere near what I haven't smoked in far more time!! As per usual, I don't know whether to smile or sob at the amount I smoked and therefore haven't smoked now. This whole month has been odd. It hasn't ended yet (few days off 9 months quit) but I'm sure now that there is a message somewhere in this feeling. Or put another way, this is part of the bigger quit journey. I'm ok with learning, I want to win this battle so going through anything is not a problem. It's not bad like the earlier quit, just weird thoughts that pop out of nowhere and then dissapear again. Overall, I am really happy to have not smoked over 8,000 cigarettes as that number is obscene!!
  18. Still winning replied to Doreensfree's topic in Socializing
    Where you at chicky?? Hope it's not too stressy at home. Loves.xx
  19. Proper cold!! Loving watching the steam come off the garden with each new piece the sun rays touch :) NOPE, of course as well
  20. Hi Wendy, It can be quit related, I think we all struggled over a few weeks. But if yours has been going on longer and it's really affecting you here's some tips. Peppermint tea, drink a cup about half hour before bed. Lavender scents, or if it's stress keeping you awake Vanilla scents. Personally, when I'm on a bad run of sleeping and it's become a pattern I hit the nightnurse medicine for 3 nights straight - just to get a better pattern going again. When you've not slept, mind over matter is pretty important. For instance, tell yourself you feel crap and you will, tell yourself it's ok, you can manage and will have an early night and you may well feel a bit better. Feel for you, insomnia can be awful. Hugs hun. xx
  21. 4 toes :( Following your dancing feet beauty. You inspire me every day to try and be better. I'm sure you do to others too. Bet your daughter is bittersweet but ultimately relieved! So pleased you held on Doreen!! x
  22. You hang on. Ultimately, at the end of the day we answer to ourself, no one else. Or maybe our kids, cause the Mom card and showing an example, becomes a strong part of the quit. Don't under-estimate what you have done the last two days Kristin!! You faced the demons and won!! Keep on marching!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.