Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. One completely overdone tree - voila!!
  2. 3 weeks is doing great!! xx
  3. Hey Belle, Fabulous choice. Now your study and exam time will not be destroyed by you trying to get out for a cigarette that you don't really want to smoke anyway! Get some things to help distract yourself, that and education are your key starting points. I would think the sleep is patch related, although expect some sleepless times now and then, I think quitting can make us feel anxious. But you do sleep when you're tired, it doesn't force us awake if that makes sense. Maybe it will more when you come off the patch and the nicotine leaves your system, even then it's a week or so, shorter lived then current colds this time of year. Delighted to read your commitment levels, that's fabulous!! Maybe write them down so that if you doubt yourself you can read your own reasons to quit, that helped when my mindset got wobbly.x
  4. Fabulous!! Pleased the meds are helping, so exciting! How you feeling now?
  5. Nice!!! Hope it was fabulous. x
  6. hope all ok action. xx NOPE
  7. All the best people have a large mental percentage lol. All good :) xx
  8. Exhilerated yet terrified...perfectly normal, I assure you!! Creating excuses, ran out of them and ended up here...check!! It's going to be great. That fear/excitement will make you feel up and down for a while but it's nowhere near what you expect!! Without support, it just felt like a slog..with support, it feels like a journey that you are able to travel. Some of it is grit your teeth because you don't want to do this day, this hour again. But very quickly you pass this and get into just dealing with thoughts. Get some distractions ready, that's the easiest way to deal with the early times...read/post/distract. Don't forget to change up some habits too. Ie first morning tea/coffee, maybe drink it in a different room. Car journey, have a mint or something to suck on or some tunes to sing a long. That sort of idea. Love the sound of this quit for you, what an utter win!!
  9. Hi J, Good to "meet" you. Shhh, but our brain will always tell us "now is not a good time", it's one of the nicotine addiction tricks of the trade. Sorry to read about being unemployed, perfect time in my opinion to get this quit underway...it gave a lot of us an amazing amount of self esteem and personal feelings of achievement, so I would say perfect timing!! Buy yourself some fruit juice (orange, cranberry, apple etc), and take sips every couple of hours. Some of those dodgy chemicals did weird thing to our blood sugar levels and it can make you feel really tired or create cravings. It's simply our bodies way of trying to do a quick fix so if you help it out it won't need to do that to you :) Read on the site. People gave me NOPE which I used to shout, in my head or out loud. I also used hard boiled candies, sucking air through a straw, clicking fingers, switching from foot to foot, cleaning something till the thoughts passed. A number of people took up exercise or took a power walk sorta thing when a crave hit, that would help. Basically, you can do anything other then put something in your mouth and set fire to it - sounds advice that I am happy to pass on. Keep talking whenever you'd like too, we love to hear. Congrats on the best life choice you will ever make!! x
  10. Late but wanted to add a bit for you Kristin. Linking quits seems like a good idea, however relying on two people to understand and shake free of any addiction together is unlikely. I don't wanna be a downer about it but I do speak from experience. Call it as you wake up...this is YOUR quit, YOU and only you own it and nothing influences it. I've also been where your husband is. The shame is really shortlived because your junkie thinking is quick to react and justify, all the while the insidious addiction is twisting back around your brain and the choice to break free needs to be fought for again! I feel sorry for him. He's too embarrassed to admit to you but not quite ready to let go again. All you can do here is lead by example. Stay free and you show him the way. The little secret I learnedvia these good people was to educate myself. Make sure you keep reading and learning Kristin, then even when those thoughts creep in the ammo to mentally bat it back is there and ready. Your junkie was fair screaming there my sweet, I'm sure. So pleased you had enough savvy to come and talk on here. Your quit will grow from facing a strong trigger head on, so be really proud of yourself, I'm very proud of you!! I am sorry you are sad. My other half occassionally has a cigar or even a cigarette. He quit after me though but it still grates my nerves. I try and remember I'm not in charge of him although I laugh because he really needs morelooking after then the kids sometimes lol. Men, can't live with them, can't live without em ey. xx
  11. Fab four! Massive congrats Paul, doing amazing. X
  12. I know hey!! Beautiful parts of the quit are a joy as is helping someone through a tough time. I think you should treat yourself too Jess!! Treats for the win :)
  13. Typed a long responce, it's gone into the ether :( So if something else turns up, ignore this and read that. I may sound callous but I do not think you "should or shouldn't" feel something simply because you share a bloodline with someone. If drama has marred your relationship then please don't feel bad chick. Cancer can be pretty harsh, goodness, I really take a breath saying that. So I think unless you feel utterly moved to re-engage (some people do) then it's ok to say not for me. Goodness, it's pouring a bit for you at the moment hey, your head must be spinning love. Make sure you do something nice and calming for yourself for me will you. Calming music, bubble bath, bacon sandwich...whatever floats your boat but be gentle with my friend ok. xx
  14. I love this!!! Epic win!! Shhhhhh, It's the bit no one tells you. Oh sure, it's all "woe is me", "it was hard" but the euphoria is kinda tough to beat and you end up being super excited too :) 1,000 cigarettes (almost) not smoked...what a victory for you on so many levels!!
  15. :(

    Still winning replied to Colleen's topic in Off The Record
    oh sweetheart, I didn't realize it was such a shit storm of symptoms, blimey love, that sucks :( If the pain meds really are a no go what about alternative bits? Reiki heals from the inside out, reflexology rebalances too. Heard of acupuncture but never done it. Can you get the mint or eucalyptus stick over there to rub on the forehead, it is called 4head here and really eases (not fixes sadly) headaches...again won't fix but in line with other stuff may help. Will add you to my sending healing group. xx
  16. Congrats on the first quarter won Nats. Hope to see you soon, miss your face around the boards :) xx
  17. BOOM!!! Big up, whoop whoop!! Free at last and then planning the sady sady route to "unfree" yourself ;) . Unfree isn't really a word is it, never mind. Massive congrats on the quarter Jac, love you lots like jelly tots. x
  18. Beyond fashionably late, sorry dude!! But Massive congrats on your 2nd month. Trucking along now, it seems to be speeding by too! Really pleased for you. xx
  19. Hey, happy anniversary Lady Lace:) Your celebrations always make me smile, your quit story of your holiday makes me smile. I am so glad you held on when it felt tough, it's good to celebrate your success. Massive congrats. x
  20. 1 month anniversary, see, you could do it :) I am so pleased for you Kristin, massive congrats on the first of many anniversarys for freedom. xx
  21. Brilliant, first month is the hardest!! Massive congrats on 1 month of freedom. xx
  22. running late, massive congrats chick...shhhh, but I always thought you would get here :) Thanks for all you do for me personally and the board. xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.