Everything posted by Sazerac
-
Tuesday 10th December 2019
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
-
Kiwi Volcano Disaster
I wish Jacinda ruled the world. Intelligence and Compassion. What the world needs NOW. Glad your peeps are OK, Jo.
-
Jonesing
Our friend, Joel Spitzer explains this so well. This half-life of nicotine levels in the brain is 20-30 minutes under normal conditions. Under abnormal conditions it may be shorter or longer. Stress makes it shorter--significantly shorter in fact thus increasing the bodies demand for cigarettes. This helps explain why smokers smoke more under stress and why when facing equivalent stresses as an ex-smoker, they will eventually be calmer than when smoking. The first time experiencing a specific stress will be a trigger, but after a time or two the association will be broken and withdrawal will no longer be encountered during the stress. The same stress will then in essence be less stressful for all practical purposes. To never have to deal with stress induced withdrawal, r even withdrawals experienced during non-stress times--just from going too long without smoking-- always remember that to end nicotine withdrawal forever simply entails knowing to never take another puff! Joel and this video, also. Smoking Triggers
-
I can't seem to get rid of nicotine
Prolonging Nicotine Withdrawal Nicotine is Nicotine is Nicotine
-
The Power of Detachment
I love this post, @Boo. I have a prompt to help me, a deep breath and feasting my eyes on something of beauty. As soon as I could recognize the thoughts of the addict, I was able to first, distract myself from them with a deep, deep breath and replacing the thought by looking at or listening to something of beauty. This distanced myself from them further and further as time went on and clarity ensued. I use this exercise whenever I am stressed or confused or upset or in a conundrum. The breath and finding something of Beauty now stimulates my endorphins quite quickly. Creatures of habit, are we.
-
Xmas Sing Off #1 2019
- Post a Song you Like
- chicks or sticks
-2 hello darling nicotine free creatures- What are you doing right now
JO JO JO JO JO. I am glad you two are OK. You two could have been DEAD.- Monday .9th December 2019
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE- I can't seem to get rid of nicotine
Welcome, Hunter. You have something very good going for you...you acknowledge your Nicotine Addiction ! Now you must learn everything you can about nicotine addiction and build yourself a successful quit. NO. You cannot manage an addiction by feeding the addiction. Either you feed the addiction or you starve it and free yourself. The Law of Addiction How Nicotine Works and you may find this helpful also, 10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine- Health problems and sensations after quitting.
Congratulations on your Six Months of Freedom. Smoking not only caused but, drew a veil over a multitude of physical ailments. Please consult professionals with your concerns. Fatigue and irritability are certainly symptoms of quitting smoking and you are quite early in your quit. These can be mitigated with physical activity and a nourishing diet. You may find this thread helpful The Great Smoke Free Mental Fog Don't succumb to your dishearted-ness, you are on an incredible journey by free-ing yourself from nicotine addiction. Stay focused and remember to reward yourself ! The Significance of Rewards- My Quit Update
I am a positive person by nature and v. positive about the fact that I quit and amassed power because I did quit. Was it bliss ? of course not ! Was it a slog ? of course it often was. I ranted, FREE YOUR HEAD, over and over for the first year. When I started to actively replace smokey thoughts (thoughts having anything to do with smoking or not smoking) by turning my eyes or ears to experience Beauty, this was when things turned around and the thoughts abated. It was mind over matter. Smokey thought ? I would find something of Beauty to look at. That light on that leaf, the color of the sky, the shadow making a pretty shape. Or, something of Beauty to listen to. A favorite piece of music to immerse myself in with headphones or decibels entertaining the neighbors. You must actively change your thought patterns and reclaim yourself completely from addiction. Do not loose hope or focus. You want to know how many smokey thoughts I have now ? NONE. But, if I am stressed or disconcerted you know what I do ? I breathe deep and find something beautiful to look at and my, how the endorphins rush in. When you think you should be over this by now, have a look at Cristóbal's Quit Days %- Jonesing
Why Do Smokers Smoke ?- chicks or sticks
-5 yep zzzzzzzzzz much more fun to hang on The Big O after a Big Win. Love, The Triumphant Chicks xxx- The Last 3 Letters Game
Really erratic trust- Post a Song you Like
- Aussie Fires
A hurricane of flames. So friggin' scary and filled with horror and terror. Hope everybody stays safe and gets to a safe place. How far away must you be to breathe ? Terrible.- Friday 6th December 2019
Not One Puff Ever- Ripper Reads for Kids
there are a bunch of posts in Boo's New Dad Tips- The Last 3 Letters Game
Easily kept secrets- The Last 3 Letters Game
Refusing laconic demeanor- Make A Sentence from 5 Letters
Cloudy, overcast under lightening day Cloud- "The Smoker's Vow"
Here are some related resources; Reinforcement Materials My Cigarette, My Friend ? The Isolation of a Windowed Smoker- Post a Song you Like
- Post a Song you Like
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.