Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colleen

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Colleen

  1. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -18
  2. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -10
  3. Yesterday...Gym #2 spin for 60 minutes then abs & booty class 45 minutes Gym #1 early this morning, Upright rows, Lat pull downs, seated pulley rows..then on treadmill for 1.5 miles Gym# 2 earlier tonight, TRX Training
  4. Congrats and Welcome :)
  5. -14
  6. -10 Almost time to switch the direction you count in Beacon!
  7. Colleen replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    I think she just has had too much fun and is overwhelmed, she needs to rest lol
  8. Jackie, The whole board is cheering you on! Are you here and ready to pledge NOPE? Talk to us, how can we help?
  9. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -14
  10. -10
  11. It takes you by surprise, COPD does. My grandmother was diagnosed in her 80's, she quit when she was 50. It is no longer an elderly person's illness, I was diagnosed at 37 and judging by my symptoms had it for a few years. For those unfamiliar with COPD, it stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder - both chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Together. At the same time. It's no joke. Quit now kids, the sooner you quit the better your chances of avoiding it.
  12. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  13. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -10
  14. I may be sore tomorrow, but early this morning went to the gym did weights for about 35 minutes. Went home to feed my son, give him spending money and send him off. Then I went back to the gym ran 1.5 miles, nonstop - getting there, but I need different shoes. After that went to gym # 2 for TRX. Now I am going food shopping, wine shopping and running shoe shopping.
  15. It was a lot easier than I thought it was. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and made my life better in a dozen different ways!
  16. Colleen replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    Don't forget your wine, off to buy mine now :)
  17. -10
  18. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5 Morning :)
  19. Colleen replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  20. OMG Action, she is a doll, just adorable! The transformation is amazing, definitely. You both have worked really hard at becoming healthy. You had better let us know the instant a baby is on the horizon...We will have a virtual baby shower/Wine party ;)
  21. Using a tool to quit is not cheating, this is not a competition with anyone else. It's about keeping the smoke and nicotine out of your body. If you have to use something as a tool to do that, then go for it. I used both the patch and Zyban to start, albeit not for long. The Zyban half dose for a while before I quit and a short while after I quit, then patch for 8 days. It doesn't matter how you quit, what matters is that you do quit. Some may call it a crutch and in a way it is, but so what? We are not all going to agree on quit methods, but we all do agree on quitting. How we get to where we are going is not what' s important, that we get there, that is important. I used GPS or a map to find a destination and you didn't. We both made it here, in the end that's what matters.
  22. Try keeping busy with some physical activity or a hobby. For me, I had no confidence in quitting and I don't think I was truly serious about it. Something happened though, I couldn't sit still - so I took advantage of that, got on my bike and started riding. It helped with the jitters and took my mind off smoking. As I rode more and more, riding my bike became a habit almost and I knew I couldn't keep that up if I smoked. Before long, I wasn't craving the cigarettes. Just had thoughts of them. Now I crave going to the gym, weird I know. Sorry to hear about your mom Chrysalis, but smoking won't do anything but make you miserable. Everyone that posted before me is right about NOPE, even if it's just one day at a time. I think you need a ticker too :)
  23. Colleen posted a topic in Socializing
    When was the last one? Don't remember, but let's have another. Tomorrow night, say whatever time you can make it?
  24. I should have been a dentist.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.