Everything posted by johnny5
-
Wednesday 16th December 2020
Nope
-
Day 2: Someone brought me a cigarette
Good for you for not lighting up and also for reaching out for help. It is a lie to say smoking is no big deal and you can just quit again later. I told myself that lie many times and, looking back, I realize that it would have been much better to have fought through the temptation instead of throwing my quit away and having to go through those first few days of a quit again. Your brain might try to tell you otherwise but that is the junkie thinking of a nicotine addict. Keep fighting through these moments. Things will get much better with time.
-
Tuesday 15th December 2020
Nope
-
How do you stay in control and handle your anti-supporters?
I can't speak for ADHD but I do know a number of people here have quit who had ADHD. Quitting smoking is very doable. I do know of people who have distracted themselves by immersing themselves in learning a new skill. Python, or other programming languages is a great way to distract yourself. Someone here took online courses to learn Spanish during their quit. Keeping yourself occupied mentally with something positive during your quit is a great way to keep your mind occupied and not thinking about smoking. Replacing something negative (smoking) with something positive (learning new skills) is a great thing.
-
How do you stay in control and handle your anti-supporters?
First off, I'm curious if these negative people you are talking about are smokers. I know that when I was a smoker, I often got defensive when one of my smoking friends attempted to quit. I didn't try to sabotage their quit but I definitely felt threatened. Looking back, I realize that I was envious of people who were trying to quit and might possibly be successful. If these people who are negative to you are smokers, fight past their negativity and realize that they might just feel threatened by you quitting smoking. If they aren't smokers and are just jerks, then try to use their negativity to prove them wrong. Don't let them bring you down. I know that is easier said than done but realize that smoking will not make anything better. The trap I always fell into when trying to quit smoking was feeling that smoking somehow calmed me or helped me cope. The reality is, the only thing it did was feed an addiction to nicotine. Introducing nicotine into your body actually makes you more stressed and doesn't make anything better. Nicotine really does nothing at all positive for you. It is all negative. Dealing with a--holes is tough but smoking will not make it any better. It is best to fight through these type of situations. Every time you fight through them, your quit gets stronger.
-
New! How do I start?
Welcome to our site, @Fluffyyellowduck Wanting to quit smoking is a great thing because life is better without all the BS that comes with being a smoker. It sounds like you understand that part. I smoked for 20 years and made several attempts to quit towards the end and did struggle. What finally helped me was joining a site similar to this one as the people here understand what it is like to be a smoker trying to quit. Education about nicotine addiction also helps. You can get plenty knowledge and support at this site to help you on your quit journey. The link below is a good introduction as to how to use this site I recommending reading it. Reading up on nicotine addiction and posting about what you are going through really helps. Welcome to QuitTrain. It is good to have you here.
-
Monday 14th December 2020
NOPE!
-
It's Time for Christmas Music
- Doreen's 70th Birthday Bash!
Happy Birthday Doreen!- 6 months and still climbing...
Thanks for checking in, Nana. 6 months smoke free is awesome. Congratulations!!!- Another kind of Quit. Booze.
Sober recovery deals with alcoholism and other drug addictions. https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/- Sunday 13th December 2020
NOPE!- Post a Song you Like
- It's Time for Christmas Music
- The Covid-19 playlist
- Post a Song you Like
- Saturday 12th December 2020
N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever Please pledge to not smoke, even if just for today. Life is much better without cigarettes.- Christian99 is Nineteen Years Smoke Free Today!!!!
Congratulations on 19 years smoke free Christian. That is truly epic. Thanks for all the support that you have given others.- Friday 11th December 2020
Nope- Thursday 10th December 2020
Nope- Wednesday 9th December 2020
Nope- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- new Quit...again
Welcome back, SneakyTurtle. I am glad you are quitting again and congratulations on a week quit. Stick around. There is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain here to help you stay quit for good. Nothing good comes from smoking. It is all bad. That might not sound believable at this stage in your quit but it is true. Adhere to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever, even at one day at a time) and you will get there. A smoke free life is freedom.- Becoming an EX Smoker
That first day is a huge deal. You are doing great, k.smooth.- It's Time for Christmas Music
- Doreen's 70th Birthday Bash!
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.