What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Considering a side gig as a lumberjack.

Everyday for the last week, the day starts off hot and in the late afternoon, the storms roll in.  This afternoon, my neck of the woods was hit hard by straight-line winds.  No damage to the house, fortunately, but trees and limbs down everywhere.  Helped clear one of my neighbor's driveway.  The drive is lined with Bradford Pears and the wind got all of them.  Another of my neighbors had a sizable limb fall on his truck.  Luckily, it wasn't his primary vehicle, just an old beater he keeps for hauling stuff.

There is just something that feels honest and right about work involving chainsaws and tractors.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

^^ And its Paul Bunyan Day... blame him for the need for axes and their ilk. 

I'll be damned!  I didn't even know Paul Bunyan Day was a thing, but I have a full day of lumberjack activities lined up for tomorrow.

Oddly appropriate.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Boo said:

I'll be damned!  I didn't even know Paul Bunyan Day was a thing, but I have a full day of lumberjack activities lined up for tomorrow.

Oddly appropriate.

43 minutes ago, Boo said:

I have a new chainsaw. You need any help? I live in Texas but can be in Tennessee in about 45 minutes. I know a shortcut :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

BAT, do you just wanna play with your chainsaw?

Yes :) You got a tree that needs cutting? Can be in Melbourne in about 2 hrs.

Edited by BAT
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, BAT said:

I have a new chainsaw. You need any help? I live in Texas but can be in Tennessee in about 45 minutes. I know a shortcut :)

Thanks Batman.  Bring the stump grinder.

Of course with a downpour and wind gusts rolling through right now, this aspiring lumberjack is stuck in a holding pattern.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Fun facts: Melbourne was founded by sir John Batman and originally named Batmania... spewing we changed our name.

I would have come to live there if it was called Batmania...

Edited by Tammy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Wondering if Doreen realises she just told us all that Boo likes to put on dress and hang out in bars.... way to go Boo. :D

Edited by Boo
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, jillar said:

Watching Alone and drinking a brewski :)

Im watching that, watched big brother and 1 hr of the 4... Sitting in the air and i just found out what the electric slide song was about... who knew?

a lil over 48 years old and thats the age i found out the song is about a vibrator... I got nothing else to say 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-electric-slide-about-vibrators_us_5b35061ee4b0b5e692f5b1e9

• Haha 3

I have three options for things to do today.

1. Sit here on the couch in the A/C and watch TV because it's going to be a scorcher outside today.

2. Get up off my ass and clean the Bat Cave.

3. Go and get my 4 wheeler and go to our property and check my trail cameras.

• Haha 1

@BAT Oh number three... but slip, slop, slap if its gunna be a scorcher.... maybe you will see bigfoot on the cameras... how could you not go check them all the time... can't you give the system a bat upgrade and have the footage feedback to monitors in the Bat Cave???

• Like 1

#3 is the preferred for me also, but it is so freaking hot ( supposed to get up to 100* F ) and it's an hour away and I have to take my 4 wheeler to even get to the cameras. I've been planning on changing to cameras that I can monitor from home ( bat cave ). I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have tomorrow off also so I am going to try and be up early and go. I have a few other things to tend to while I'm down there. ... 

In a nutshell: I'm lazy and it's hot. #1 is looking really good for me right now :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1