Jetblack is 3 Months Quit Today!

Reciprocity

Fantastic job JB! You can now measure your quit as 1/4 Year!! How great is that? Thanks for all you do here too. I have always believed that the people who participate regularly here do well with their quits. Helping others strengthens one's own quit resolve.

I see you being successful in maintaining a life long quit :)

nxks9l.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

Congratulations JB!!! You’re well on your way to Freedom! Good for you!!! ?

And thanks for helping others along your way! I for one am grateful for your support...as Reciprocity says, “ participating & being helpful to others certainly seems to strengthen one’s Quit resolve”

Edited by Tyme2B
  • Like 1

Thank you.

Often times I still want one or at least think I do.

Yesterday I was reminded of the main reason I decided to quit, which is to avoid health problems.

That reminder came in the form of some woman who was working at the store i was at, she had a hole in her throat. May not have been smoking-related but either way, screw smoking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2018 at 12:16 PM, Jetblack said:

Thank you.

Often times I still want one or at least think I do.

Yesterday I was reminded of the main reason I decided to quit, which is to avoid health problems.

That reminder came in the form of some woman who was working at the store i was at, she had a hole in her throat. May not have been smoking-related but either way, screw smoking.

Hello Jetblack:

Just saw where you wrote about seeing the woman with a hole in her throat at a store.

Here is a link to a resource page that refers to the kind of cancer that smokers are much more prone to have than non-smokers, that results in them having to breathe through a tracheotomy.  More importantly, it highlights how some of these people don't quit smoking and have to inhale their cigarettes through a tracheotomy tube. 

http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/i-smoke-because-i-like-the-flavor/

13 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

With a tracheotomy tube. would they be able to smoke two cigarettes at the same time, like one on the lips and one in the tube?

No they cannot smoke or breathe through their mouth at any time. There basically is no longer a connection between their mouth and their lungs, which is why they have the hole in their throat. 

Actually if you google "smoking multiple cigarettes at once" and select "images," you will see a few pictures of people smoking two or more cigarettes at a time. A smoker can do this, a who has a laryngectomy could not.

Edited by Joel Spitzer
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Addiction at it's finest. Two smokes at once :75_skull:

Some of the experiments I did with tobacco over the years is way worse than smoking two cigs at once. I look back with embarrassment.

I have no clue how the heck i managed to even quit.

I guess I got bored with it plus the habit took up too much space in my life.

• Like 1

Congrats Jet...

3 months is great...

i think you may be at that point in your quit that you begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel...

be careful though  ... .. That light may turn out to be a train bearing down on you ...

keep the guard up and see things for what they are!

well Done!!

• Like 2