Here I go again

Amy

Last night was fine no urges or fixations or cravings for a smoke- night before really wanted one...tonight really want one again. Looking out the window waiting for the neighbor to get home hoping I can maybe sneak a cigarette.  I have to say I don't get it and it sucks.

Oh, Amy....don't you dare!  I know you do not want to have to do this hard fought week over again!  Go for a walk...give yourself a treat...but get away from that window!  You are in the middle of heck week...and it is hard...but you can do this!  And trust us, it will get better!

• Like 1

Okay what are you thinking?- don't do it. You know one puff will lead to 3 times the amount of your prior smoking and you will die young.  Breathe in deep keep doing this in 2 minutes you will realize what you almost did. Not One Puff Ever means exactly that.

Care for yourself and others around you. Just get over it and move forward.  This will pass. You are a non smoker.

Believe in your self  - this is easy you don't smoke. Just don't -  it is that easy it is your choice an you are not a chimney

You don't smoke

The above is what you have posted in the Pre Respond to your own SOS.  I think this says it all!  Just remember you will have these bad times but each time it gets less and less.  Next thing you know they are just a passing thought!  Hang in there!!!

• Like 2

Amy. It's normal to have these ups and downs. Do not give in!! The nicodemon is trying to make you weak and break you down.

A craving only lasts a few minutes....any longer than that is anxiety and had nothing to do with smoking. Deep breaths. Really deep. Hold it for 10 seconds and blow out slowly. Repeat 3 times.

This episode is great actually. Why do I say that? Because it will pass and you will be stronger than ever in your quit. I promise!!

• Like 1

Amy be strong you can work through this believe me you can, deep breaths and don't allow the thought to grow any more, its not worth it, repeat after me NOPE and breath........................NOPE and breath..............repeat as necessary otherwise come and do a silly jiggle with me 

• Like 1

Amy....pease don't smoke.....

Sweetie we have all been there....

At first I just screamed n.o.p.e all day....like a ad woman.....when I wasn't doing thstnimwas on here reading.....

I did anything...as long as it kept me from smoking.....

Not smoking I have no cigarettes and the neighbor didn't get home yet.. didn't want the other half to see me crying I am not sure he would understand - maybe he would I don't know I just always have to be strong.  I think I can never ask for help so.. I went outside for a short walk in the yard.  I love my own response to my SOS this is why I cried.  This seems so easy most of the time but then there is the few moments when it is really difficult. 

• Like 9

Hang in there Amy!  It's a roller coaster but every time you face that urge head on and don't smoke the weaker those craves will become.  You are doing a wonderful job.  You know you're going to have to quit eventually and if you give up the days you have behind you you'll be disappointed.  You can do this!!

• Like 2

Oy don't you dare missy, I'll get me wooden spoon out and chase you round the table..

You know you don't want to go back to day one or reset that lovely ticker, please right now type into you tube thanks tobacco you killed my mom and watch the heart breaking video of a son filming his mam dying from emphysema, that will stop the craving in its tracks xx

• Like 2

Suebedoo no can do.. my Aunt passed from lung cancer my Mom is on her way there- it is devastating. I know.  I am realizing at this moment why I (crap) am a non

smoker it would be so much easier just to continue the way I was.