Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sos

Featured Replies

I am leaving work. Have to go to the store. I will not buy smokes. I will not buy smokes....been easy til today. Dunno whats happening...

Let me know when you get back. :) You'll never have to go back to the store and habitually spend money everyday on such a useless thing ever again!  Treat yourself today with something nice or go to a restaurant just to celebrate another day of freedom because you're doing something incredible for yourself! 

Michelle

 

Not One Puff Ever...just for today. Not buying is a victory won. A trigger defeated. This is how it's done. One day at a time.

 

You can do this. Keep it up!

  • Author

Dirty, I bought some good healthy food because i am starting a new food plan that i hope will help me feel better!!! Wahoo!!!! Saved $7.50

Nice Michelle! Remember this week is your most mentally challenging so treat it like training. Nicotine is completely out of your system after 3 days around abouts so the rest of your quit depends on your will power and commitment to your pledge! Soon you won't know why you even wanted one

Good for you! Just by quitting you will feel better. In the first month I noticed a clearance in my lungs, my sense of touch became better and I could taste and smell. Also my masage therapist told me that my skin smelled better.

Well done, Michelle!!  One day at a time!!

great work Michelle. One day, one moment at a time. Never again will you have to literally burn money if you keep it simple and to the moment you're in and just not smoke there. xx

One battle at a time wins the war good job Michelle!

Every time you deny the impulsive "I gotta buy some NOW!" it gets easier to do the next time. Eventually, the whole thing goes away. It doesn't go away until you fulfill your quota of days like today. Freedom isn't free, they say. We all paid our dues and bought our freedom over many days like what you just had today. You are buying your freedom one incident at a time.

 

 

It's worth the price.

 

Easy Peasy

Also my masage therapist told me that my skin smelled better.

 

That's not weird at all.  :lol:

Every time it happens it will be easier to beat....until it is no longer an issue.

 

Keep on keepin on.

  • Author

Thanks u guys. I was craving bad and tempted to give in for the first fifteen minutes or so of the day but now its just coming and going. As if I didnt have enough reasons to quit, I am starting a strict food allergy elimination diet to see if it will help my autoimmune disorders. Its ridiculous to eat organic and healthy trying to detoxify your body.....while smoking. I got this.

 

Huzzah!

Dirty, I bought some good healthy food because i am starting a new food plan that i hope will help me feel better!!! Wahoo!!!! Saved $7.50

 

 

God!! it must be SO much harder for y'all in the US!!!

Here in Oz, that line would have read "wahoo!!! Saved $25"  (for a pack of 25!)

 

I KID YOU NOT!!! I know! rocks in my head eh? lol!!!

 

WELL DONE MICHELLE!!! the GREATEST feeling is coming home WITHOUT them!!!!

I've been buying 'treats' left, right and centre!! Day before yesterday, a pair of amazing gold and cz drop earrings!!! LOVE EM!

and they make me feel a million dollars!!!!!

 

"one day at a time"... and nope!!! xox

Every time you deny the impulsive "I gotta buy some NOW!" it gets easier to do the next time. Eventually, the whole thing goes away. It doesn't go away until you fulfill your quota of days like today. Freedom isn't free, they say. We all paid our dues and bought our freedom over many days like what you just had today. You are buying your freedom one incident at a time.

It's worth the price.

Easy Peasy

This.

Great job Michelle - your quit is now so much stronger :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.