I gotta brag

babs609

I have been having a hard time lately...just in my personal life in general.  Today, the social worker intern who happens to be in my office under the guidance of the social worker here who I share an office with..gave me a gift.  An alex and ani bracelet!!!  I love it!!  But the note she wrote me...touched me deeply and made me realize how lucky i am.  Truly.  :)

Dear Babs--

Thank you for all you have done for me this past year.  I truly believe I wouldn't have made it through this year without your kind words and support.  Through everything that has happened this past year I felt comfortable sharing with you because of the person you are - a great one! 

You kid around that you are a "work mom" but I honestly can talk to you about stuff that I can't with my own mother and I am so grateful for this.  You are one of the strongest women I know and I want you to know how beautiful and inspiring you are!  Stay in Touch!!  <3 Rachel

I am smiling now

:)

Kindness comes just when you need it the most

• Like 15

Well there you go Babs! 

You're inspirational! We all knew that, don't we tell you all the time?

What dd you bring us from Florida? :)

Is it something you can't talk about with Christa but you can talk about with us? ;)

• Like 1

Thank you. I was just so moved by it. I knew she liked me but she was a little hard to read at times. Nope...I'm not a social worker I share an office with one. I'm a nurse but no longer work on the floor. I work in rehab and I'm the PPS coordinator there.

Funny thing was the social workers she was working with didn't quite connect with her well and frequently misunderstood her. I did though. I really like her. I had no idea I made such an impression on her. It goes to show you....kindness always always wins. Always.

Markus I brought back a peeling forehead and a nice tan. :)

I had a blast in Daytona. So awesome seeing my old friend. Meeting new friends. Kind of acted like a teenager and partied everyday...karaoke night. Dancing. There was a lot of smoking all around me. But not this girl of course. I slept for 13 hours straight when I got home. Partied like a rock star. Getting too old for that.

But today....I'm back on track. No more booze. Back to gym and healthy eating. I did run on 3 occasions while I was down there. Felt good.

• Like 7

I always feel you are so kind and the way you answer my help post are just awesome.  I am glad someone showed you how great you are.

I would never pick you were having a hard time, you seem so together and when someone says it out loud it can make other people think it's ok for things to be going wrong.

• Like 1

Thank you gabby. We are human, right?

I think in recent years I've learned good coping skills and have the ability most times to accept life on life's terms. Not always. Sometimes I still want to force my will in a situation ...and those are the times I suffer the most.

When I'm able to to just go with the flow......no matter what that entails...I am a much more calmer, serene person. It is...what it is.

That being said...I will most definitely be leaning on my QT family. I'm lucky to have you guys. :)