This was a big weekend for me!

sherry

Saturday was my 2 yr anniversary sober and Sunday 10 months since I  quit smoking... So I was strut'n around all proud of myself singing my own praise's in my head because I knew none of the family would remember my big dates..and everything was going great, ... Saturday I went over to the folks house and finished the wishing well me and Poppy built for mom (that he wanted painted John Deer yellow and green :rolleyes: - so thats what  I did ), .. then came home and stared back on the sketches I've been working on for a mini house I want to try my hand at building..and just general puttering around the house.

Sunday mornin' I got up and there was a wrapped pkg on the table where I was working on my plans for the 'house'.. I looked at it and poked at it thinking hb must have forgotten to give a present out this xmas... so hb gets up not long after, gets his coffee and says " open your gift, I'm not bringing it to you"... I thought   'yay!  I'm the one he forgot to give the present to - boy am I NOT  gonna let him live this down anytime soon!!  :laugh2:

I open it - and it's a scroll saw!!!

He put his coffee down - put his arms around me and said  "I saw on the calendar  that yesterday marked your 2 yrs sober, and today is 10 mo not smoking,  I want you to know- even tho I probably don't say it enough, I  I AM proud of you,  I thought you could use this saw for your latest project".....  I was crying by this point... he wiped away my tears with those rough hands of his and said "  I really am proud of you baby, come on now, stop your crying - let me show you how to use this" ... and he did,. and I'll have y'all know I still have all my fingers!!  LOL (I'm right proud of that :P)

So, if you don't see me around for a bit it's because I'm make'n sawdust - in an attempt to make runners for the staircase that will go in the entry hall of my 'house'

Hugs, lov  and cookies  all 'round!!  :D

• Like 15

Wow lace ...what' a beautiful inspiring post....

A massive congrats....you have taken your life back...you are winning all your battles....

I'm so happy for you....

Good luck with your projects....

I don't think any of my family would trust me enough with a saw....so kido,s to you...

Xxxxx

• Like 1