My peaceful blog moment. Thoughts so far...

My quit makes me proud. I do believe anyone can quit and that every quit will be different. I believe if you educate yourself enough about the harm smoking causes you will find it tougher to do that to yourself again. I believe that smoking and craving 20, 30, 60 times a day is honestly harder than saying no more, not today and getting past the points where it feels hard.

For all the tough days whilst quitting and finding my new personality post being a smoker, what sticks with me is I did it and it fills me with hope for what I can achieve now! My new personality is less tolerant and actually, I am now genuinely happy about that. I have ditched toxic people because my self worth and self value is higher. I have stopped being as afraid of people seeing the parts of me that before I would rather hide. I stand at 4 months plus quit saying, this is what I am and I'm ok if it's not for you.

I read all the stories, the mine was easy, I just said nope...damn, mine was occasionally tough as old boots. One day I spent 3 hours of my life staring at a packet of cigs and crying whilst posting what was probably utter tripe! The surprise for me if I'm honest was how many days felt like a wonderful free fall to a smoke free life between that!! It's like if I had a tough day, one or two easy and beautiful days would follow, that kept me sane  :)

I see people doing the first and second week and think - I am so pleased I held on through that. It was really damn hard and it felt like it took all I had, all of my being to simply not smoke.

I see people hitting one month and think oh, no mans land - I am so pleased I held on through that. It was a different kind of mental draining, not physical anymore, nowhere near as tough. But when the flashes of craves came, they were such a surprise it took me by storm. I considered falling off a couple of times! Held on because I could, sheer bloody minded ness  :)

I saw all the 3's that people said about. 3 is also my favourite number, I didn't really believe 3 could do me in but it did give me a couple of knocks. I passed through it with sheer bloody mindedness that time too. I think I favour 7 now  :)

I just responded to an SOS that made ME think. My SOS, that gut wrenching why would this happen to me was utterly uncalled for!! It was very awful (insert own swear words). I am so incredibly thankful i got talked down.

Know what I thought today - I didn't paint my toenails and I'm wearing flip flops - I do wash and keep myself nice, I wonder if people are judging me and I genuinely laughed. The other thing I thought after answering an sos is I'm so pleased I don't have to find time to smoke now, my house is so much cleaner.

I don't smoke, I can think of all manner of random stuff now!!

Have I mentioned I'm proud but more than that, I'm at peace and a non smoker, the feeling is priceless  :) 

• Like 9

I am so pleased for you Marti.... I really am.

That's my motto here too, that the peace of mind is priceless, just utterly priceless.

I am sure you post will help folk going through tough detox both physically and mentally. I don't know how the folk who escaped from Alcatraz felt Marti but I'd bet money it's the same as we do ;) Pity we can't FB them and ask...lol

The important thing though is no matter how crap and defeatist you feel some days, in the first 3 months, if you hang tight and grit your teeth if necessary, the peace is there for the taking.

• Like 3

Good to know you can still post tripe...

;-)

Sheer bloody mindedness...that's what stands out to me. Sometimes, we just have to hang in there; to tough it out. That's what I find inspiring in your quit.

You are a force of nature sometimes Marti. I love it.

• Like 5

For all the tough days whilst quitting and finding my new personality post being a smoker, what sticks with me is I did it and it fills me with hope for what I can achieve now! My new personality is less tolerant and actually, I am now genuinely happy about that. I have ditched toxic people because my self worth and self value is higher. I have stopped being as afraid of people seeing the parts of me that before I would rather hide. I stand at 4 months plus quit saying, this is what I am and I'm ok if it's not for you.

:acute: Right there.  Sweet, glorious freedom.  It's really something how smoking affected us in so many layers of who we are.

• Like 2

Awesome post Marti. - I love reading what you say ... It is always so encouraging ... I know someone once posted that you had a beautiful soul and I couldn't agree more! You should be proud of what you have achieved ... We all are proud of you ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 1

You're all very kind.

For some reason, the struggles, the newer quits I just wanted someone to say, sometimes it sucks, but overall it's amazing. 

Fingers crossed it resonates with someone and I'm happy. 

I often talk tripe haha - but I have so much more time now to do it :)

Happy non smoker.