Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My brother died

Featured Replies

I just wanted to share that my brother passed away on hospice at my house last Sunday. It was liver cancer that had spread to the abdomen following long chronic hep c infection.  He was 54. I finally really know how shitty the world can be. 

Very sorry for your loss Angeleek 😢

May the memorable moments you shared with your brother remain in your heart and your mind and forever bring you joy for having known him.

  • Author

Thank you both so much.  He was also a smoker, I forgot to add. 

Oh no Angeleek, I'm so sorry. I'm sure it meant the world to him to have you by his side through this. My thoughts are with you and your family....

  • Author

Thank you all for your kind words. It helps to tell people what happened.  The good thing is I did not smoke, even with his cigarettes nearby, although I did have a few urges. I am staying on my guard.

So deeply sorry for your loss.  Prayers for peace and comfort for you and all his loved ones.

So sorry you have lost your brother. Always keep him in your heart. Thinking of you and your family.

 

So sorry for your loss.

Really sorry for your loss.  Thinking of you and your family.

Edited by johnny5

6 hours ago, Angeleek said:

Thank you all for your kind words. It helps to tell people what happened.  The good thing is I did not smoke, even with his cigarettes nearby, although I did have a few urges. I am staying on my guard.

This is important that you got through this without yielding to the temptation to light one up! Protecting our quits is something we all have to do ongoing and often that means doing that under trying circumstances. You did just that - good for you! 

Condolences to you and your family Angeleek.

 

May your brother live on in spirit through you and all the others that loved him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.