Back again fell off the wagon

Sunnyside

Hi some of you might remember me, it's taking me awhile to post, been lurking for afew weeks. More out of shame that I have been sucked back into the world of smoking again!

After being smoke free for 6 years in lock down 2 years ago I stupidly thought I was far enough ahead I could smoke a joint every so often. For a year I managed to keep it occasionally but it was becoming more regularly on the weekends. This last year I have gone back to daily use. Only in the evening and weekends, with the odd cigarettes chucked in as well.

I have come to the conclusion I wanted to stop again before I started smoking cigarettes again, in the day through the week as well, and inevitably go back to 20 a day. So here I am, tail between my legs, but here to face up to it.

I've re-read Allen Carr watch Joel video's determined that this quit is the one, I was so happy as an ex smoker. Learnt my lesson now. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal! I have to stop both. There is no questioning it anymore.

I quit on the 2/1/22 so already hit a month. 

Hope everyone is OK!? let do this 🙏 😊

• Like 5

Glad you are here.  Relapse must be awful, starting all over but this time you know what to expect and how to deal with it.  I think Covid knocked us all off our feet in some way.  Now we know a lot more, can prepare and do things to make our life's saver, takes some of the fear out of it.  That being said, we have known for a long time the dangers of smoking.  Same thing, we know what we must do to stay healthy.  It's as easy to quit smoking as to practice social distance, wash your hands, avoid indoor crowds, wear a mask, get the vaccine.  I just feel silly. I am doing all of this stuff to protect myself and others from Covid but I still smoked until about seven months ago.  No judgement only joy that you are ready to quit.

• Like 5

Welcome back @Sunnyside, sorry you gave up that nice quit you had going. Proof once again how none of us can become complacent with this addiction.

Congratulations on a month quit already, that's fantastic. Don't forget to change your quit date and make a new ticker 😊

• Like 5

Thank you for the welcome @KELglad to be back here and nice to have you here too. 

Thanks @Krislockdown certainly changed things, we also had the hottest and longest nice weather in the UK than we have had in along time, that didn't help either. But no excuses. Another lesson learnt.

Thanks for your kind words @intoxicated yodalove the name by the way! 

Thanks @jillarguard is definitely back up and I will sort out my ticker and quit day, just need to get back up to speed in using this site. I will get there lol!

Hi @Doreensfreenice to hear form you. Have my seat firmly back on the train. Hopefully this one will be a smother ride 🙏 

Hi @Guswill be nice to get to know you and other as we go through this journey thanks for the welcome.

• Like 6

Welcome back @Sunnyside  I'm sorry that you relapsed but you are doing the right thing in quitting again. 

Congratulations on 1 month smoke free.  I'm sure it will be the first month of many.  Keep the quit and you'll never have to go through these early struggles again.

• Like 3

@SunnysideI was never an MJ smoker (I drank and snorted other things though). I have heard people claim smoking MJ helped them quit cigarettes. However, for me it would be too close to the ritual of smoking tobacco. I would think it all has to go.

And probably a crappy analogy but I used to drink fake booze in my first years in recovery. Now I have no interest in it but it did help for awhile. It wasn't mood altering though and MJ is so....

But it matters not. The experiment is over. Hopefully the consequences are minimal for great wisdom. Thank you for sharing it with us-our junkie mind is way sneaky. 

• Like 4

Hey @johnny5nice to hear from you. I feel different this time. So far its not been too bad, I dont want to jinx it though.😁

@KEL yeah, the experiment is well and truly over, that little niggle in the back of my mind has been answered. Not going to fall for it again.

@AceWhitenever a true word said! It really is a bitch 😊

• Like 3

Just now, Sunnyside said:

Hey @johnny5nice to hear from you. I feel different this time. So far its not been too bad, I dont want to jinx it though.😁

I do apologize but there was another user named jonny5 here before I joined that I think you are referring to.  I joined later.  Sorry for any confusion.

Doesn't matter, you can do this.  I'm glad you are quitting again. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sunnyside, I to am back here with my tail between my legs. Although I am just starting my journey today. I hope we can give each other encouragement and help each other through the rough patches. I don't want to say welcome back, because if your like me being back at the beginning was someplace I never wanted to be again. I really enjoyed not being a smoker. So I will say lets beat this together.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nana20 said:

Hey Sunnyside, I to am back here with my tail between my legs. Although I am just starting my journey today. I hope we can give each other encouragement and help each other through the rough patches. I don't want to say welcome back, because if your like me being back at the beginning was someplace I never wanted to be again. I really enjoyed not being a smoker. So I will say lets beat this together.

Absolutely! I'm not going back to smoking and neither are you. 👍😉

• Like 3