Perfect weather out for a smoke

JustinHoot99

I just spent 15 min typing about the cravings I've been having today because it is such a nice cool, breezy day which is the type of day I would really enjoy hiking and a smoke.  Deleted it all because it was rambling and I got through the craving anyway.

Point is, if you are having a difficult time, get on here and type.  Whether you keep what you type or delete it, just the act of typing can be enough to get you through a craving.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good for you for fighting through the craving.  Cravings do go away.

As you know, there is no such thing as a perfect day/time etc. for a smoke.  I attempted to quit smoking the first time about 15 years ago and used the excuse of a nice spring day as a reason to smoke one or two.  No big deal, I thought.  Well, my quit was ruined and I didn't attempt another quit for several years.  Nothing good comes from smoking.

I'm glad you kept the quit.  Keep up the great work.

• Like 7

@JustinHoot99 Weather is great here as well, my dogs are crazy with happiness in the yard. I sit by the back door and watch.  Not that I would not go out with them, having one of those stay in your PJ's kind of days. Normally I would go out and sit on the patio but I have a neighbor that always comes out when he hears my pups. He is a nice guy, I just do not want to talk to him every time I am outside. I have a privacy fence around the yard except for on that side.  I like the open space and do not want to put one up. All the way down the street we just have the old fashioned chain link on that side.  I have great neighbors all over, we are friendly but this one guy as nice as he is can be like the small child that follows you to the bathroom.   Remember that good hike would someday be ruined if you could not do it because you could not breathe to go do it.  You are doing so great and should be proud!

K

• Like 5

Typing and deleting works.  And reading what others wrote, the joys, frustrations, long timers, newbies, anything.  This place helps me ease my urges. Thanks. I’m hoping to find my way back here each and every time a weakness pops up.  See….craving gone.  There. It worked!

• Like 5

On 10/16/2021 at 3:33 PM, JustinHoot99 said:

Point is, if you are having a difficult time, get on here and type.  Whether you keep what you type or delete it, just the act of typing can be enough to get you through a craving.

Whether you're feeling ripe or just ready to gripe, let it all out and have a good type.

Monkey Keyboard GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3