World Cup

Paul723

Ah yes...

I am not a fan of this game or specifically it's proponents. They seem to embody the lowest common denominator of society.

In England though, there are a couple of good weeks coming. Fans are currently moving from the 'we can't beat anyone' despondency, to 'actually, we have a young team, fearless....maybe, just maybe'. England is then a fun place, a sense of optimism pervades the atmosphere..

This continues to build as England prosper (or at least draw) and progress to the knockout stages...

Expectation grows...flags appear, beers are drunk...there is a real buzz. A fabulous time!

Then a team of genuine quality ruthlessly dispatches the overpaid, overhyped, under skilled bruisers called England and a gloom descends across the country again....

But maybe, maybe this time will be different....

(It won't)

England begin their campaign tonight against Italy. In my house, this is pretty straightforward, I'm a Scot, so traditionally support ABE (anybody but England) (actually we don't, but don't tell the English that). La Bandita is Sicilian...

She will adopt the position of publicly claiming that Italy will lose, while secretly hoping they win...

English people are preparing for a full 12 hours drinking before watching the late night kick off, so we can expect the streets to run with vomit and blood....

Joy.

• Like 4

I just watched a replay of us playing against Chile and could pretend it was live as I didn't know the result - so guess that says how big soccer - yep most of us still call it that - is - at least in my world ...... Unless of course we win a game - then we all love football :-)

I just watched a replay of us playing against Chile and could pretend it was live as I didn't know the result - so guess that says how big soccer - yep most of us still call it that - is - at least in my world ...... Unless of course we win a game - then we all love football :-)

I thought you were unlucky not to get something out of the game to be honest... I think you surprised a lot of people ;)

5-1 Against Spain? Wow! A month of fun coming!

OMG that was fantastic... The fact that it should have been about 9-1, and even sweeter that Torres managed to miss an open goal from about a yard, lol :d

Seriously though, my Spanish friend was literally in tears!

• Like 2

OMG they SPANKED them, utterly brilliant to watch! Such an exciting game. Such a surprise as well, you'd gotta be real unhappy if you were spanish last night. Action, so right, there were another 3/4 goals that could have been too. I was cringing for spain at times!

Bandit - It's not rugby is it hahahaha. It's ok though, it's still safe to watch ;)  However, probably right about the streets, think I will stay in and watch tonight rather then attempt a wade through of vomit fest lol. 

• Like 1

You are a World Cup widow Gemzee, but it only lasts about a month.

I know :) He told me I'd lose him for a month! Lol I'm used to it to be honest...we've been together for 8 years and he has always been football crazy! :D

My fiancé got up at 5.30am to watch the England game. . . With beer!!! He is now eating chips and curry sauce (its 9.27am!). Crazy man!!!

My man and I applaud his utter commitment tbh lol, that's hillarious! Sure Chris would do the same.

Was a great match to watch, shame we lost and all but still thinking it's better than England usually play. And I'm not qualified to judge as my footie is pretty damn awful lol, but it's still great to watch all the passion from the teams. 

My man and I applaud his utter commitment tbh lol, that's hillarious! Sure Chris would do the same.

Was a great match to watch, shame we lost and all but still thinking it's better than England usually play. And I'm not qualified to judge as my footie is pretty damn awful lol, but it's still great to watch all the passion from the teams. 

We were way better than usual... and we still lost.  Still, trying to remain optimistic ;)

I thought it was your rainbow personality and unicorn for a pet.

No, I don't think so... but even my boyfriend said he thought I was gay once when we were deciding on sofa fabrics whilst singing show tunes... Weird...
  • Like 1

I've been dubbed "Gay" because I don't understand the appeal of watching 22 men in shorts play chase around a field for 2 hours... Go figure...

Don't worry...I wear a skirt at formal occasions and used to regularly play a game that involved lots of cuddling up, rucking and mauling followed by a communal bath - so I'm clearly rough tough and macho.

• Like 1

My boyfriend would never call me gay, right Scott?

I don't hear people saying gay like they did 10 years ago. Pa seems to be new to list of states where they marry. Told Scott his selfies and weight loss were so good I would marry him when they made it legal. I just hope he looks good in a dress.

Burrito sure fills one out

After my recent medical, I asked my Doctor (an Irishman) "what do you think Doctor?"

He looked me up and down, his pen poised above his pad...

"Mr Bandit. You are a fine figure of two men"

Bog trotting paddy....