I NEED SOME HELP

Matthew0225

For a while, everything was going great, really.  But something snapped.  Something changed.  I'm *really* struggling right now.  Every bit of me wants to keep up the quit, but that little monster is creeping in.  Advice or kind words?

• Like 5

Hello Matthew, 

congratulations on your quit.

HANG IN THERE

you don't need to relapse, you need to have confidence that this feeling will pass.

where are you in your quit ?

this will help me direct you to resources.

in the meantime

check this out

H.A.L.T.

• Like 5

Hi Matthew, sorry you're having a rough day. They suck I know but trust us, you can get past it. And after you do the crave will weaken and you get stronger. The first month is the worst of them all so stick close and be proud of yourself for wanting to keep your quit by posting for our help.

Are you feeling better at all now?

• Like 5

Hi Matthew, fight through the craving because your quit is the number 1 thing right now. You deserve to be a non smoker. You deserve to be happy and healthy. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. Find ways to occupy your time when cravings arise so you can get through them. The cravings will be a little rough at first but they will slowly get better. A craving is only your inner junkie trying to get it's fix from the nicotine monster. By taking control of your cravings and triggers you will get the life you deserve. Stay tough and stay strong.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Mathew.....

Congratulations.....youv,e made the great decision to stop killing yourself slowly ....

We have tons of info here ...plenty of video,s ....spend your time reading and watching ,it will reinforce your quit ,and help you along ...

Stay close ...

• Like 5

Welcome aboard, Matthew. 

You are doing a great thing in quitting smoking.  Life is much better without cigarettes but it can be tough at first.

A key thing to remember is that a crave is not a command.  Craves may be strong early on but they do go away as long as you DON'T smoke.  Fighting through these craves does make your quit stronger too.  With time, craves become weaker and further between until smoking really is no more than a memory.

Remember that you are doing a great thing and these early struggles are worth fighting through.

• Like 5

Matthew just BREATH!  Inhale that fresh air.  You can do this.  Unfortunately that is the addiction talking.  Don't let it rule your life anymore.  I promise you will get stronger every day.  Hang around, get to know us and let us help guide you on this journey!.

• Like 5

You still with us Matthew? Cravings can seem impossible to get through in the early days of your quit (and even longer for some). Just grit your teeth and say NOPE! That's the only path to freedom; Not One Puff Ever! YOU can do it I promise you that. We all did and we're the same as you when it comes to quitting. We are ALL nicotine addicts. It's tough but doable for all of us :) 

• Like 4