My new quit. (day number one)

rowlyd

So I quit smoking on the 17th January 2014 and stuffec that up by the 4th April by having a few puffs and then a few more on the 17th May 2014. After feeling the obsession to smoke return I have decided that I need to take action to keep my quit! Thats why I am back.

It was suggested that I start this thread and at the moment I can not afford to ignore anyone that wants to help me stay quit.

I am thankful that I have not started the physical addiction all over again and I am not experiencing any physical withdrawals. But the mental aspect of this addiction is the difficult one for me.

I am going to read whatever is on this site that can help me in my quit and check in here everyday (to the best of my ability).

So it is day 1 for today.

• Like 9

Yay Rowly- glad you have started back again before it became really hard - please remember to shout out for help if you need it from me or anyone else - we are all here for you - now go and rock this quit !

It's great to read this post Rowley. It sounds like you are in a good place to start your new quit, and I think writing this is only going to make it better. Lots of us here for you to support you when times get hard.

I think once you have even a few puffs, you have reset a lot of triggers and made smoking a possibility. That's why repeated quitters have my utmost respect as they stand up and do it again, hopefully you have learnt some tips to help you this time, I say that as my failures helped my current quit an awful lot. There is some power in knowing where your own weaknesses lay if you want to right them or avoid them.

I honestly want say dig your heels in and use your nope.  Sounds silly but that little word (yelled or yelled in my head depending on location) helped me more than all the other tips as it really is the only option.

So the other bit, GO rowly, day 1 and you have accepted no excuses, that is powerful. Sending you lots of strength vibes. x 

• Like 1

Great job, rowlyd.  When you get a craving instead of channeling all of your thoughts on the craving, think about how your body is healing itself.

Focus on your breathing.  Breathe in and feel the clean air being dissolved in the alveoli of your lungs as the oxygen is taken to every cell of your body and to your heart.  Your heart is no longer having to pump toxic blood through the arteries to every single organ in your body and within 24 hrs, the oxygen in your blood as returned to normal levels and carbon monoxide levels have dropped to normal.

You can do this!

So happy you are here Rowly!  Yes, you re-awoke the addiction, so the mental part will be tough, but you put that little mother right back to sleep too.

Just say NOPE Rowly.  What ever you do, do not smoke.  If you get that overwhelming, cant get it out of your mind feeling, then put it off just for a moment.  Tell yourself, " I'll have one in a minute, in five minutes, in an hour, after work."  Walk around or drive around while also telling yourself that you will not smoke.  Remind yourself of all the reasons you want to stay quit.  Remind yourself that it does nothing, except keep the addiction alive. 

Welcome back.  You've got this! :)

Good to see this Rowly, do whatever it takes to get through each day, NOPE works well for me too, and SNOT, don't think about tommorow, next week, next month just concentrate on today, if a trigger hits we will all be here to guide you through it as best we can, but you can over come them Rowly, just don't give the crave any power.  xx

Last night was rough! We have a sick baby girl and she kept us up most of the night and now I can feel my throat getting scratchy too! Its winter here now and time for flu.... Well hopefully as a non smoker I won't be a sick as usual.

So it is day 1 for today.

Welcome back on board The Quit Train.

X2XL3qq.jpg

Hands and arms inside the car at all times. Secure loose items. Prepare your ticket - the Conductor will be by soon.

Next stop: Quittsville.

Enjoy the ride.

Easy Peasy

• Like 5

Feels kind of weird and like I am talking all to myself here..... but anyway.......

Today was a really shitty day and I did feel like smoking around lunchtime but resisted the craving and left the dangerous area that caused the cravings. At lest I am not feeling as sick as yesterday, so I am hoping to go for a run after work tomorrow. Will see.....

Sometimes it's all just harsh, it sounds kinda like that for you.  You are not chatting to yourself, we're reading.  

Pleased your on the mend, did you feel well enough to get the run on? Sorry it's all a bit tough with sick child, you and stuff.  Pleased to hear you're hanging tough now. x

Rowly hope your feeling better now and your baby girl is hopefully on the mend too, these were triggers for me, expecially where my children were involved....ironic you want to protect your children from the nicotine yet they are a trigger hmmm,  keep strong Rowly, cigarettes are not going to make you or your baby girl well, the opposite in fact, and your kids need you around for a long long time, remember that xx

gee whizzes! I really felt like smoking today and thank goodness I didn't. My internet has been down too so wasn't able to post for a few days... good to be back!

• Like 5