Desert island meal

mightyboosh

Here are the rules of this poser just for fun.

So, you're alone on a desert island and everything is fine regarding your well being. However, you can only eat the same meal for the rest of your life. It will be brought to you perfectly prepared to your liking whenever you desire it. You are allowed a standard size dinner plate and one side. Think carefully now, this is forever.

I think mine would be a full English breakfast with a side of white sliced - bread toast.

What's your choice?

• Like 5

What a great thread !

Will take some thought.

Must include lime, coconut, rice, fish, basil, garlic, salt, some variety of capsicum.

I'm thinking nutrition and favorite flavors.

I am also working on the soundtrack/booklist.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Will take some thought.

Very careful thought, that's all you will eat forever on this fantasy island.

It reminds me of an old western movie where a group of guys set out across the desert and one of them filled his canteen with whisky. The others warned him but he loved the stuff and wouldn't listen. Within a few miles he was begging for water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

What's Tri- Tip ????.....

A cut of beef that you can roast or bbq that is very popular on the west coast of the United States.  When done properly has a great crust/sear on the outside while being medium rare.  I like it better than prime rib or other roast beef cuts.

Tri Tip.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jillar said:

No brainer for me, pepperoni and pineapple pizza with white sauce :) And for my side a tall glass of beer 😋

Damn-it!!!

You beat me to it J!

My Pizza HAS to be a Mossimo's Pizza though. Beer MUST be ice-cold as well. Forget a glass .... pitcher at minimum, since there's no dessert :)outsideday1.jpg

coors-light-cold-activated-glass-pitcher

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Martian5 said:

A cut of beef that you can roast or bbq that is very popular on the west coast of the United States.  When done properly has a great crust/sear on the outside while being medium rare.  I like it better than prime rib or other roast beef cuts.

Tri Tip.jpg

Oh !!!yes ...my taste buds are drooling....thx M ...

• Like 2

Surf and turf: New York Strip steak, shrimp and scallops, and a baked potato on the side.

And if you add a single "s" to desert island you get dessert island, so I'm gonna convince my mom to airmail me some of her homemade banana pudding a couple of times a week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

What's Tri- Tip ????...

My brother lives in California and he marinates the tri-tip and bbq's it and it is wonderful.  I have tried to buy that cut of meat here, in Ohio and it is hard to find and never comes out the same.  Maybe Ohio has tough cows!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

My brother lives in California and he marinates the tri-tip and bbq's it and it is wonderful.  I have tried to buy that cut of meat here, in Ohio and it is hard to find and never comes out the same.  Maybe Ohio has tough cows!

My sister had the same problem in Florida Linda but a lot of butchers know and are willing to cut this for you. At least they do for my sis :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've watched Man vs Food lots of times and I get the impression that the US is actually built on a great big slab of beef. Much respect to the founding fathers on that by the way.

I have a question. Because of your great beef scoffing tradition, it must be so plentiful as to be quite inexpensive. So, how much does a typical half pound rib eye steak cost at the butcher's or supermarket? Rib eye is my favourite, mmmmmmm.

1/2 pound Rib Eye from a supermarket can run about $7.00 US dollars on sale (have been able to buy for $6.00 a pound with bone in and on special sale), from quality butcher can run up to $10.00 to 12.00 US dollars.  Go to a restaurant and can be much more.  Also price can more if dry aged.  

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

Very careful thought, that's all you will eat forever on this fantasy island.

2 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

One of them filled his canteen with whisky.

Within a few miles he was begging for water.

and They were begging for Whisky

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Will take some thought.

Must include lime, coconut, rice, fish, basil, garlic, salt, some variety of capsicum.

I'm thinking nutrition and favorite flavors.

5 hours ago, Sazerac said:

maybe instead of rice I will take corn and black beans or those caviar lentils. grapes

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mightyboosh said:

I've watched Man vs Food lots of times and I get the impression that the US is actually built on a great big slab of beef. Much respect to the founding fathers on that by the way.

I pledge allegiance to the slab of the United Steaks of America and to the prime cuts for which it stands, one nation on the grill, with healthy fats and protein for all.

image.png.5b37fff0680afea85536acd22034976e.png

• Haha 8