Living with a kink

notsmokinjo

So with the record hot temps and humidity our Britskis sisters and misters are living with at the moment I thought I would jump in with some remedies for those afros your kinky hair is turning into. @Sslip you can just move along, this thread isn't for you.

Now personally my kinky hair is of the fine, whispy fairy floss variety. ( Um fair floss = cotton candy / Candy floss)...if ya hair is thick an kinky pretty sure these will still help.

Oh an if anyone else has tips, don't just sit there twiddling your thumbs, share...

1. Salt Water... So this has some downsides, it will make your hair heavier and you need to like that beach tosselled look...but basically you just need to spray your hair with salt water...you can make your own by dissolving 1 cup salt in 2.5 cups of water OR next time ya at the beach just bring home a container of the stuff (do this)...spray it in ya damp hair and when it dries you get that beach look.

2. If ya hair is long (this is my go to) just do a messy bun. Not sure how the messy bun works if ya hair is thick, so plaits or braids. 

3. Hair is short... product ... Hair wax works for the blokes and the super short.

4. Longer hair can go the product route too but if ya do is best to go for a defrizz, curl enhancing cream and embrace the kink. 

5. (If you can) leave your conditioner in...yep you read right.. wash ya hair like normal, just don't wash out the conditioner. My sister does this.

6. Shave and wax your head...it's cheaper and much less work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wish y'all would just let your hair be natural.  It is BEAUTIFUL !

My daughter goes through all sorts of cray to make her hair something it is not.

GAH !

Says she with the bone straight boring hair that refuses any curl.

The only trouble I have is out west or a dry climate and that has to do with static electricity

and then I pour olive oil or coconut oil over my head.

giphy.gif.35cb1e6ba79b21339dc94c77fbcc7a4d.gif

• Haha 6

No worries @Sazerac, I've decided to go gray so I'm keeping it real :) My frizz however, HAS to be tamed because I have one of those make it or break it types of face that doesn't look too pleasing with frizzy hair lol

roseanne-roseannadanna.jpg

• Haha 5

My hair is thin and straight.  Wearing it short, you would think I would not have to style it everyday.  

I have so many cowlicks,  I wake up with my hair sticking up all over the place.  I have to wash and blow it dry every day.

tenor (3).gif

• Haha 8

Well ..when I read this ..I immediately went to these guys ..

Never mind ...

Hair !!!....mine is really thick and heavy .I keep a chin Bob..sorta..I just hot brush back in place in the morning ..but it needs washing every other 2 days...and takes ages to dry it ..pain !!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Well ..when I read this ..I immediately went to these guys ..

Never mind ...

It's probably best that I don't even admit where my mind went when I read the title of this thread.

image.png.bebdb96c244774f8c24eefb389c051f9.png

• Haha 8

• 1 month later...