Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Sunday and Monday, I was stuck in the house due to weather.  I did a 30 minute routine consisting of planks, girly push ups, crunches and upper body weights on both days.  I can't get my car out of the driveway today, but am borrowing a truck for a couple hours am going to the gym in a bit :)

• Like 1

Bike to gym where I did 20 mins run and 20 mins weights. I've gained 4 kilos since I stopped smoking on Jan. 9, and it feels very unpleasant when I run. My knee bothers me much more with this weight, too. 

keep running and not smoking and you will be in the best physical shape of your life.  :) 

Make sure you wear proper running shoes...they are worth the investment and could help with the knees

• Like 2

keep running and not smoking and you will be in the best physical shape of your life.  :)

Make sure you wear proper running shoes...they are worth the investment and could help with the knees

Yes to buy good running shoes I have gone through a few and quite honestly itching to buy news ones cause it has been a few months lol.....I have become a running shoe whore lmao.

• Like 1

So tried out a new trainer today ... Not sure how we are going to go as there wasn't a lot of cardio. - but will say I had a killer upper body and ab session !! Stay tuned to see how much I whinge tomorrow about how sore I am :-)

26 mins running, 20 mins weights, sun salutes, stretching.

I hit that bliss stage when I ran, where I know the endorphines will keep pumping for the rest of the day. Sooo sweet! Many hours later now, I still feel in bliss-land! I'm floating....makes me forget my sore muscles..... :)

• Like 2

- 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0 mph. I have only been able to do up to 2.5, but I really wanted to push myself today.

- 20 minutes on the exercise bike.

- 30 minutes of walking.

- 20 minutes strength training. 

- 25 minutes of aerobics.

- This is kind of embarrassing, but 4 minutes on the elliptical. It's a machine that really hurts me, so I have been trying to build up stamina every time I hit the gym.

• Like 3

I dont like the elliptical as it hurts my hips but I like the arc trainer at my gym it gives you a more natural movement I think it is an adaptive motion trainer type of machine

I don't know why I can't do the elliptical. My feet and legs always hurt too much for me to do long stretches on the machine. It might be because I have a lot of weight to lose still and the machine makes me put too much pressure on my ankles. 

• Like 1

Sunday: leisure day. Walked to supermarket, back with heavy groceries in my backpack  Stretched, sun salutations, Sun salutations can be done as a fast flow and can be quite vigorous. 5 kilo dumbbells I have at home. That's it. 

Oh, this morning I woke up feeling all sorts of nicotine deep in my throat. Yesterday I ran in pretty cold weather and I think it may have affected my throat and lungs. 

I'm still several kilos over my preferred weight and it feels really uncomfortable. I think I'll start a thread about sugar tomorrow. I want to get back to eating almost zero sugar. 

• Like 1

Good for you guys - I almost feel lazy in comparison - I only did a 4.5 mile run on Saturday after work - yesterday was just a relaxing day with the kids - I better step it up this week before I am left in the dust-  Today just a 3 mile run (just a warm up) Wednesday 4miles (another warm up) Saturday will be my first longer run as I am starting to train for a 1/2 marathon in November - so each month I am going to do at least 1 long run every week or 2 - Saturday's Goal is 6.5 Miles - 

• Like 1