Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kris

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kris

  1. Jillar, This really rings for me right now. I have quit but have been practicing NRT therapy. The worst may be nicotine lozenges when I feel I am going to lose my mind. The second is over eating. I have always loved to cook for my family and when my son was in his teens they all wanted to come to our house because they knew they would be fed well. Got to admit I miss those days! Now I cook and there is only me. If I bake cookies or bread I take some to the neighbors and I freeze cookie and pizza dough for my son and his family. I also find that I drink to much because I have chronic migraine and don't sleep well. I know this is not good but I just try to focus on one problem at a time, right now that is to quit smoking. I struggle, I want to smoke but I know if I do that once I will have to start over. The first time was difficult enough so there is no going back. I lost weight going through my hip replacement but have gained it back. I think better to have gained weight and stopped smoking. Once the weather cools (it is 100 here today) I can get back out there and walk and get the weight under control. You know that old saying "Man can not live on bread and water" but I am going to tell you man can live on water, bread and "BUTTER". Thanks for all you do! K
  2. I may have to give in but don't want to because I really don't need it. May be hard to believe but in my so called former life I worked in the printing industry. Could use illustrator and produce ready files for printing and promotional products. My time was always on the computer learning and doing my job but at the same time taking care of my husband (terminal cancer) and getting the kid through high school and all of his activities. I never did facebook and the flip phone was the only thing I needed at the time. I am way behind now and can't seem to catch up. K
  3. Momma Bear, Yes I do live alone other than my 3 furbabies, one of those named bear, 80 lb. black chow that was my best friends who passed away April of 2020. My other two are littles. I have one son, now married and has his own family to take care of. My husband passed in 2010. For the most part I do like being alone have adjusted and I also am an introvert and happy to do what I want when I want. I do like being alone for the most part. The pandemic has forced us into another area. I do enjoy the company of others, I am looking for somewhere I could volunteer just to be around others and make a difference. I think that is essential to well being. With that in mind I must say that fall and winter suit my needs. I am much happier with the cold and the long dark hours with just a book and a cup of tea for company. When my world settle in to quiet and comfort. I also from what you say would be great friends, Half than half that pizza is in the fridge but the vodka is not holding up, feeling down and drinking to much. On that note, I have not broken my quit but I have struggled a lot these last few days. K
  4. Jillar, I feel for you!! I recently got a little flip phone (tracphone) for emergencies. Got home tried to get it step up and could not even do that, I got this so called simple phone and guess what it is not so simple. I did not feel I needed a smartphone because I don't have people that would be calling or texting. I just wanted to be able to call for help if I was out and about or if the phone at home (landline) was down. I have not had the energy to deal with the problem yet. I will just go to the neighbors if I need help. I have had this happen before and they called 911 for me. We all need the availability to call someone if we need help. Just take your time to get used to the new phone. Ask friends and family how to navigate. I asked my son to help me but even he did not know because all he knows is a smart phone. From the get go you have known that I am not tech driven and have been so helpful. I will get if figured out eventually. K
  5. You are here, that means you are ready to embrace the fact that you want to quit and know you need other people to help to do that. I also realized this when I needed to quit. I am grateful to the support and understanding of other people that knew I was going to struggle. For me it has not been long. I get on the site for the strength of others that have done this. I think it will help you a lot. I just take it a day at a time. I am here everyday, I don't post everyday, but I do read every day. You will be amazed at how it will help you. K
  6. I am new to this, only 2 months quit but I know I would have not made it this far without the support of these people. Still not easy for me but they keep me going. Trust me you can do it! K
  7. I love it, you are so funny! I don't have a smart phone, I only knew about the flashlight thing was from TV, I bet everyone else here can tell you about other things is can do. K
  8. Kris replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Katgirl, Is is so nice to have someone trained in the medical field to give us advice when we feel bad! K
  9. I am glad you feel better, I have not been physically ill, other than my normal problems, just mentally struggling. K
  10. Kris replied to Linda's topic in Off The Record
    I am so glad to hear you are doing well, did you discuss getting your flu shot. You may have to wait awhile because you just had Covid but I would suggest you get one when you can. Even when I was smoking I got my flu shot every year and it would keep me from getting respiratory infections. My sister who has never smoked gets bronchitis and strep every year and she still won't get a flu shot. K
  11. Katgirl, I have been looking for something I could do part time. My health is plagued right now with chronic migraine ( have one everyday) and recently by a hip replacement. I even would enjoy volunteering for many things but have been unable to do so because I don't know when or how bad I will be. I do not want to cause problems for anyone if I can't show up. I am between a rock and a hard place. Drives my crazy. K
  12. Thanks Boo, I will check netflix to see if it is there. Nope, not there buy I will check the library next time I go. I was just thinking of doing Lonesome Dove again. ( That is here in our local history we have Lonesome Dove Road out by a lake near by that they say was in the area of Lonesome Dove trail for cattle drives) I do not know if that is true but I like to think so. Also pulled out my DVD of Tombstone, my husband (and I ) loved this one. I have not watched the Dawn Wall yet, that is on my list. Jillar I did binge watch ONE and enjoyed it Kind of Tech, Scifi and drama all in one. K
  13. Thanks everyone for the moral support! I have not and will not cave. I do physically better since I quit but for me it has not been easy. Boo, you are right, you have a most important task with your baby girl and I think you call your wife "Sugar Britches". I am grateful that my husband set everything up so if something happened I would not have to worry. I don't have to work anymore wish I could just to fill the day. K
  14. Thanks Jillar, just really down right now. Decided needed to leave the house to see if it helps. Went to the pharmacy to pick up my old lady medications, blood pressure, cholesterol and ya dada. Got my flu vaccine and the one for shingles. If you do get flu vaccine it should be available now. My Mom got a very bad case in her 80s and my son had it in his 20s (that was weird). I then off to get fresh produce and dairy. I had already stockpiled all the other things in case. Got home put that away and decided to make homemade valium (pizza). Dough is ready just need to get the veggies ready and call Opah, I read he is a pizza nut sometime ago. I also stopped at the liquor store and got vodka, in the freezer now. Tired of sleepless nights, maybe a shot or two will help. Thanks for the pep talk, I feel better now that I got out a little and had some human contact. Almost everyone out there has started wearing masks again. K
  15. Going off previous topic just to say F..., D..., S... times 100, sorry in a really bad mood. I am tired of feeling like such a piece if s... I just don't know what the point of this is. In the scheme of things my smoking or not will not mean a change in everything important in the world. Why should I give up something that only gives me comfort. I know it gives me a chance at longer, happier life but for what purpose, everyday people are dying through no fault of their own. I knew all these years I was doing something that was not good for my health. Why did I keep doing it??? K
  16. It is just such a struggle right now...I used to be able to deal with it. Being stuck in the house, watching all the bad news, Delta, losing young people that are working to get Americans home from Kabul..I am so stressed out. I wish all this would stop. I want to do right, but all I can think about is smoking to relieve the stress. The stupid thing about this is I really have nothing to be stressed out about, I have not lost anyone to Covid. I have not lost a child in the military and I think of all the families that have suffered, their children gave their lives for others. I am horrified that all I can do is pray for them and I wish I could smoke. That is not an honor to their memory and any comfort to all the families. This is when you really know you are a piece of crap because you want to smoke when there is nothing that will ever make all these families feel better. K
  17. Quarantine is like living in a van down by the river!
  18. LOL that is good one, my husband had many Ford F series after we married. I think the white Firebird with flames sealed the deal~! K
  19. YOU ARE SO FUNNY!! I don't think I will be able to go to the bathroom without fits of laughter, ok when you live alone but those who have partners give them a "HEADS UP" you don't want them to think you have lost your mind. K
  20. Thanks for the review, on my list for this weekend. Anymore suggestions? I have a lot of time to fill, got myself on another lockdown as the Delta is going crazy here in Texas. Thanks K
  21. Anything to keep the Doctor off my back. I lost 25#s for her, now I have gained most of it back due to the quit. I will be happy when it cools off and I can walk again. K
  22. Hi Boo, I love documentaries, they are entertaining and educational. Full of experiences that I will never get to enjoy but we can do thru others. I appreciate the feedback! You made some suggestions awhile back for Westerns. I will check and see if they are on Netflix. I have seem Jerimiah Johnson before, it is one I would like to see again. I will check to see if it is on there. Have to check out the search feature. K
  23. Okay Jillar, I think I have watched some of Lucifer years ago, and there was a very handsome young man as a lead. I think I would enjoy that! (Sorry all you guys but we like some eye candy too). I am not familiar with ONE but will check it out. Thanks Jillar, K
  24. Okay, cutting back the cable to save some money, cost of everything going through the roof. When you have a set limited income you have to cut back where you can. So,,, looking for suggestions that might be available at my library or on netflix which I just joined. K
  25. (Just for fun) I am going to tell all Doctors I am not overweight, I just seem to be heavy because I am pure muscle. My friend Ace explained it to me and I was so relieved! K

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.