Everything posted by notsmokinjo
-
Answer a question with a song title.
Depends - Blink 182 Isn't it better to always be prepared?
-
Costume for Book Week - NEED HELP
Thanks jillar... OK, just got the official email from the school... the theme is "Find Your Treasure" and they need to dress as a book character that is within that theme.... so I spose we can tweak it.... last years theme was Where I Come From... which is why she went as a banshee... which is really stretching the bow because its a long way back for her for anyone coming from Ireland... mostly she is just an aussie.
-
1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Answer a question with a song title.
Its a Mystery - Toyah Would you rather know in advance?- Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
Glad their dad could go fetch em. Frickin scary shit.. I'd be packin darkies if it were mine. We have this issue with our line quite a lot too. Doesn't help there is a psych hospital across the roads from the tracks in one section. Hope they were all ok. My thoughts are with the bloody driver... I always feel for them, they are in a train, on tracks, its not like they can swerve to avoid it... poor bugger has to live with that for the rest of their life.- Happy Left Handers Day!
^^^ Actually until about 18 months kids are neither right or left handed (unless they are missing an arm for some reason)... because the part of the brain that determines 'handedness' has not closed and is an open channel... it takes 18 months to close this process completely and prior to that kids really are ambidextrous, as parents we can influence the hand they use as dominant and sometime they will copy those around them in mirroring behaviours. There is a sympathetic reflex that babies are born with that needs to disengage to determine handedness, if there is a mixed dominance or the baby has been swayed to the side that they were not naturally going to this reflex can not disengage completely or at all and this can influence things like stutters, stammers, dyslexia, dysgraphia and processing delays as the wiring paths within the brain become scrambled. Aren't we all glad I got over 10 hours sleep last night OH and I am a righty but I can bat left or right with equal accuracy in softball, I can bat left handed in cricket but do better right handed, I can only play a guitar or ukulele left handed, I can write with both but right is better, much better, I can kick a footy further with my left foot than my right. My dad's a lefty... my grandma was a lefty... we have lots of Molly Dookers (do-curs) in our family. The kid throws a ball right handed but pitches left handed and bats left handed. It shits me having to have two sets of gloves for her for when she pitches. She can write with both hands, the writing is neater if she uses her right, but it is mirrored and from the right of the page to the left. Is she uses her left its the right way round but messy and has way more spelling errors or letter reversals. At school she would use one hand until lunch then swap for the afternoon... now she just uses her lap top and most of her work is voice to text... life is much easier now.- Costume for Book Week - NEED HELP
- Costume for Book Week - NEED HELP
Hey all not sure if you mob have Children's Book Week in your corners of the world but down under once a year we celebrate books... there are prizes for the best kids books and illustrators, all quite prestigious and the kids do book related activities at school all week, there is usually a book fair in the school hall and a book parade where the ankle biters dress as their favourite book character and go to school in costume for the day. NOW back in my day (fvck I sound old) all these shenanigans stopped after primary school... once you got to high school no more book week... BUT NO... the kid informs me last night that they have dress up day on Monday.... so normally not an issue, I make her a costume, she gets up early and I do the hair and make up thing and off she goes... she has been a wicked witch, a gumnut baby, the BFG.. complete with skull cap and prosthetic ears, a banshee, a zombie, the great barrier reef, and a fairy princess. She tells me what she wants to be and sort it after making sure I can find a book character to match. OH and there was the year she went as some character from the Percy Jackson books that needed a Yankee's cap for the costume to be complete and I had to waste my money buying it for her...still feel dirty over that one. Well now in highschool it has to match a theme. They can dress as anything as long as it meets the theme and they can explain how.... so the theme is TREASURE.... nice easy costume thinks I... a pirate... but nooooooooo, everyone will be pirates, she doesn't want to be a pirate.... aarrrgggghhhhhhh! what she does want are: A costume she can wear her brown knee high heeled boots (thanks sperm donor, very age appropriate) A purple dress Something like and elf or a fairy but not an elf or a fairy, well maybe an elf but no ears and definately nothing with wings. She has to have this hair and make up: SO my question is.... CAN YOU THINK OF ANY LITERARY / FOLK LORE / CHARACTERS that have something to do with TREASURE that fit with what the frickin princess wants. I'm thinking something like this for the costume... but the make up can't be changed ?- What are you doing right now
waiting on the cattle to boil so I can have a nice hot pot of tea all to meself while I rack me brain for a frickin costume idea for the kid.. think I'll do a HELP post...- Linked Words Game
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-13 ... the kids in the picture are rocking a much nicer combo than i had..... brown tights..... woolly and itchy.... fawn shirts and olive green... man the Mary Molls were the so much better attired the the High Hoes or the Mount St Hoes ..... NOT! ... ugliest uniform in town.- Answer a question with a song title.
I Know Everything - EeL Did you doubt me?- chicks or sticks
-13 ... Tammy I dunno... in primary school it looked like the finlay tartan... but in secondary school it was this: sh But we had to wear chcolate brown stockings, brown lace up shoes and our shirts weren't white they were fawn.... and the boys wore brown pants... incase you can't tell the blazers are olive green.... such a stunning uniform it was. This is the kids 'tartan'- chicks or sticks
-12... the traditional or the modern... they are both quite impressive... finlay/farquarson is like my pinny for primary school.. morning Sslippy doo dah- Quittrain Quit Buddies
That's why the old phartes are are vital in a support group. Because that statement is a beacon on the horizon... it gets better, it becomes naught but a memory, not smoking becomes the norm... because you guys are our evidence and the testimony to that fact... sure in the early days, up until a point every time someone says it gets easier you think "yeah bullshit, I wish people would stop saying that"... but before you know it your the one saying it... so having people 1 year, of 2 years, or 5 or 10 or 16 years quit who tell us it gets better, and easier helps because they'd know... and then once you accept that yes its gunna get better then you get to the stage of "I want that" and it give you something to aim for. That's why a quit community like this needs to be a diverse society from every stage of the journey and you need a mix of the gentle, ego strokers and the tough love hard truth givers. So.... thanks to all the old phartes who have their freedom and the new norm for hanging around to pay it forward and help out those of us coming behind.- chicks or sticks
-11 ... didn't think of that option.... I wonder what tartan he has?- Not In My Living Room A-Z
Diamonties... cos the kid don't dance no more no more no more no more.- chicks or sticks
-9.. mornin Fluffy... did ya read, G's not wearin any jocks- chicks or sticks
- Stick of the day.....
Its Elvis week... so here is an Elvis memory stick- Stick of the day.....
- chicks or sticks
-7 ... didn't you get the memo... thongs (g-strings) are for Thursdays, not Tuesdays... wrong T day... Tuesdays are Tied Up Tuesdays...- Post a Song you Like
Day 4... 14th....Its Elvis Week, really not just in my mind because I can promise Elvis is one thing that is not likely to pop into my mind, anywho use the rest of the days to either post your favourite Elvis songs or like Boo and I have post some fine Elvis covers... because there are a gazillion.- chicks or sticks
-7 ... think cold thoughts???... jocks in the freezer before putting them on... it works for a few minutes at least...ice water... - Answer a question with a song title.
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.