Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JB 883

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JB 883

  1. it kind of sucks though because no matter where we go, what we do, there will always be douchebags.
  2. Boo it is not just math but English grammar (Or Engrish glamor, as man who not have no good language engrish learning yet might say) Look at the next lines in that song - No is the saddest experience you'll ever know Yes it's the saddest experience you'll ever know First he says "No" is the saddest... THEN he says "Yes" is the saddest. They cannot BOTH be the saddest. One can be second saddest. I did experience "No" once. It was quite sad.
  3. In the actual three dog night song, he does say "Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one... He never does specify if the number 3 is lonely or if it could be as bad as the number one or two or... Three is the second loneliest number since the number one....
  4. So the official start of the Quit. Just make sure you do not have any tobacco readily available. At least then when you want to give in (oh yeah, temptation is strong in beginning) it would mean going to fetch cigs, giving you a chance to have second thoughts of starting back up.
  5. So what about people who reach retirement age and have pretty much nothing like what will probably be my case? I am not being smart alec or funny, but mostly serious. Do you just keep working until you drop over dead one day? Plus, even if people DO save whatever recommended amount - how do they know they will not out live their money? If they are truly retired and not working even part time at some menial job to pass time, they are gonna have a lot of free time to sit around and think of ways to spend "just a little" on something fun. And much like our smoking, shopping can become an addiction. And what about the fact that unexpected expenses are always coming up? What about the fact that they may not be able to do house repairs like when they were younger? Something you once did for a couple hundred bucks might cost several thousand to have a pro come out and fix it. Unfortunately that will probably be my final years as well. At my age and low income, along with whatever debts, it looks pretty bleak. I am not exactly some 21 year old kid with a bright future. What do you mean by "smoking took care of your retirement plans"? As in, wanting to have fun but dealing with aftermaths of smoking instead?
  6. Each day it does get easier. Need turns to want and then turns to "would like" when it comes to having a cancer stick. You are likely at the "want" stage by now, meaning the crave for a cancer stick is backing off. Notice also when you get out of bed, the "morning mouth" taste is no where near as bad? I have not even bothered to brush my teeth since quitting smoking, i figure there isn't much need now. OK kidding aside... the tired and feeling a little down, that doesn't last more than a few days so that will pass real soon.
  7. Getting sick was how I ended up quitting. The next step is to make sure you have no cigarettes handy. That way, if a crave hits real hard and you are considering going to buy a pack, it gives you a chance to think twice. Look up hazards of long term smoking. Then think, "Do I want to end up like that?" I am a little younger than you but old enough to say that at our ages, it is time to start thinking of our future health.
  8. Some of the experiments I did with tobacco over the years is way worse than smoking two cigs at once. I look back with embarrassment. I have no clue how the heck i managed to even quit. I guess I got bored with it plus the habit took up too much space in my life.
  9. Alright y'all are cool and all but this thread is NOT about me or what I said in some other thread. Can we maybe show some respect for Doreen? Especially since she has helped many others best one can?
  10. With a tracheotomy tube. would they be able to smoke two cigarettes at the same time, like one on the lips and one in the tube?
  11. In the notifications, it is nice to have a way to check threads where someone commented on something. However, in the notifications settings, I didn't see anything on how to turn off getting them if someone reacts to a post. Can one turn off "react" notifications without having to turn off "comment" ones? Thank you
  12. I guess most people have a turning point when they decide a bad habit is causing more harm than anything. Some people refuse to give it up even at it's worst. About the only thing you can do is make the best of whatever time you two do get to spend together.
  13. Doreen, there is only so much one can do to help others like your friend. You made an honest effort. The truth about quitting smoking is that it is an individual choice. Yeah we encourage each other and all that but it is up to each smoker to decide if they are going to stop, support groups or not. With all the fun and light-heartedness of this forum, it is easy to forget that the main point is about helping folks (and ourselves) break from a horrid addiction. We all quit smoking eventually. The question is - do we want to do it on our own terms or on mother nature's? The guarantee is that we will not like Mother Nature's terms if we choose that route.
  14. pretty awesome. By now we pretty much got it nailed. Where is IGT lately anyways? She was quite active then just... gone?
  15. Someone seriously got offended by your posts and humor? Newbies do not always know much of what is going on, do not let that keep you from stopping in here. I mean if the admins and mods are not on your case, nothing to worry about.
  16. Thank you. Often times I still want one or at least think I do. Yesterday I was reminded of the main reason I decided to quit, which is to avoid health problems. That reminder came in the form of some woman who was working at the store i was at, she had a hole in her throat. May not have been smoking-related but either way, screw smoking.
  17. One thing people forget about a serious winter - It keeps the critters at bay. You know, like mice, bugs, spiders, the neighbor's pesky kids, the dogs next door who bark at NOTHING...
  18. The women here need to understand something about men. If a man says he is going to do something, he is going to do it! He doesn't need to be reminded every six months! (Figure Doreen especially would enjoy that one)
  19. In a profanity thread, are we suppose to say stuff like gosh dang it and Horse hockey?
  20. If there IS a pepsi forum they better not be telling me to give up my habit. There are sausage forums BUT - not what you are thinking. Some do not even allow women.
  21. You say that is a nope for you, does that mean as you were up there on the track pedaling along, "not one puff ever" (nope) as in you would be enjoying the ride tobacco-free? In most roller coasters where you are strapped in, at least you feel safe, even at high speeds. THAT thing though - no, just, screw that. I would take a dump in my britches. I don't do that very often but in that case - yes. NOW about smelling your partner's farts video - OK the guy who farted in the fan, there are some health risks to this. The main one being that his wife might have homicidal tendencies which could be released on her husband.
  22. JB 883 commented on Edie's blog entry in Edie
    After the first day you have proven that you CAN make it through a day without smoking. Just think also - after this weekend you will be two days past that dreaded "day three". For the wife - Maybe she could crack a window to let most of the cig smoke go out?
  23. Oh yes you are at the worst part right now. the last of the nicotine is leaving your system and the receptors are going bat-shit. LET THEM STARVE! You have made it this far, do not turn back.
  24. HOW, HOW can they expect a poor little innocent pig like reciprocity to live in such deplorable cold conditions? I am so mad right now that I cannot even think straight, my face is turning beet red! Screw it, I am calling ASPCA and telling them what is going on. PLUS, I am in a generous, giving mood. After some though, I have decided, i want to give. Therefore, I would like to donate $25 out of each of Bakon's paychecks to the ASPCA so that no other piggies might suffer the hellish drifting snow banks we see here. I just feel like it is the right thing to do.
  25. I am not about to go back because for real, it is too expensive, inconvenient, and just seems gross. Plus I have a different addiction to focus on - Pepsi. Oh I kid you not. I tried to quit THAT one and it didn't happen. My nicotine receptors demanded I smoke, I told them where to go. They screamed but ran out of breath (funny how that works) and nowadays sometimes politely request a smoke. I give them the evil eye and they shut up. My Pepsi receptors demanded Pepsi, I told them where to go. suddenly i saw a picture of hell. they said, "Alright but we are taking you with us". I still drink Pepsi. I do not smoke.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.