Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sazerac

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sazerac

  1. I empathize with the person that said, 'If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself' none-the-less, work with what cha got. At 59, things aren't just going South...they have MOVED away. Still hot flashing (since 2005 ?), only a few a night now and sleeping sometimes more than the 4 hour-at-a-stretch allotment I was originally given, pffft. but, not bleeding to death monthly since then. (There is a god, maybe). It got very squirrlely there before the 'change' (what a quaint phrase) and I would bleed the moment My Beloved arrived or threatened to come over . That went on for a year. Moody ? Can't tell because I live alone and can't bite imaginary friend's head off. ​I did preventative maintenance and put my fire ax up in the attic. I am doing this Cold Turkey and white knuckled well, not so knuckled anymore it has been such a damn long ride by now I am used to it. Still pretty juicy down there when needed. But, there is always Astro-Glide or whatever that stuff is called now. Do you know that when you stop HRT you get back all the symptoms that you missed ? Also dangers of stroke...etc. Be careful ! In my SOS kit, I have a beautiful ceiling fan over my bed, a Vetivert Hand Fan, plenty of Ice packs in the freezer. Unfortunately, Alcohol makes things worse and caffeine but, I don't care, I will suffer a heatwave gladly if I can still have Wine-spodie-odie and gallons of cafe. There may be more information I could help with, especially if you are cold turkey/white knuckling it. Aine is right about The Smooth Faced People and Tea. Herbal tea=comfort. There are specific herbs to be found googling around and I did some blue cohosh and raspberry leaf for early gruesome days (don't use Cohosh if you are pregnant or wanna be) but, just a normal cuppa did fine in chilling me out. The Placebo Effect is my drug of choice. (Just found this section of the Train and don't know if I will remember how I got here)
  2. I have casually referred to Interior Design as Inferior Desecration.
  3. I would first take off the groovy hardware (hinges and latches) and soak in a solution to remove the black or simply spray hardware gold or ?, something not black. Then I would Cream it all, maybe different Creams on the base, another on drawers ? Use a Glossy gloss on the top, makes it easier to clean. Throw some Cream on your mirror frame ? I dunno, this reply is sounding like a sex manual all of a sudden, Marti. :P Digging the Aubergine (that's Eggplant to Colonists) Have fun. S
  4. Happy Five Months of Freedom. Sure feels Good, don't it ! Thank you for your posts. S
  5. Sending all Good thoughts for you and your Mom, it is going to be tough no doubt. Don't forget to Breathe.. Take Out Some Insurance On Me Baby, Jimmy Reed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkqGgCCWjus
  6. Sazerac replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    I want a Dewlap like this . Where is your most favorite place on the planet so far ?
  7. Nothing wrong with a few nips from your flask (secreted under New Desk), I would think Action and El Bandito partake this way.
  8. Sazerac replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Colossal Hangover...twelve weeks ago. Woke up with a broken fibula, a broken metatarsal and a Head the size of Asia Minor. Luckily, perfectly broken, clean and straight showed the pictures. I fell off the sidewalk, dammit. Now, baby steps and no Stilettos (except for harikari) ( if Paul answers, did you really discover a molecule ?) Do you have Emergency Supplies and what are they ?
  9. Johnny Cash y James Taylor be calling You too ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sui84FJgQAU
  10. Great News about Dell. Lighting Good Health Candles here.
  11. I appreciate your attention to these details, Ava. :) Safety First :) Thank you, S
  12. Courtyard Sunflower for You, SUE !
  13. For all us Hobos and Gawd Bless The Brits for recording this show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoyBKoKOy2w#
  14. Sazerac replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -18
  15. Amy !!! Your Freedom is Here ! and The Tan Canary sings for you (if I can figure out how to do the link thing) darn, I am such a Luddite still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEWM-hVPKuo&list=RDaEWM-hVPKuo#t=0 Drink from the well of NOPE, baby.
  16. I am humbled and downright GIDDY over the Beautiful reception all of y'all, My very own Heroes, have bestowed here. Thank you So much. I look forward to settling in like a home home home in a home and toasting wildly each and every one of you. What an amazing community. S
  17. The Bottomless Cup of N O P E. Delish.
  18. Yeah, you right, this IS the start of Greatness, Giopetro.
  19. Wow, Tracey. Ever since my first Puff, I was in complete Denial about Everything, as All Good Junkies are. Second Hand Smoke ? Get outta here ! Pfttt. Now, Reality check. Truth and more Truth. I am horrified at my old self, WTF, who was that Junkie Broad ? Grateful for another chance, Now. Here. Now.
  20. The Quit is about Freedom from Nicotine, yes ? Stay as far away from Nicotine as you can. Protect your Quit from the very beginning with Everything you got. Do what you need. Do whatever it takes. As Doreen says, 'All Road Lead To Rome (and Roam)' Be very, very Good to your Own Sweet Self ! Me, I guzzle from the bottomless cup of N O P E. Always so handy ! But, in Early Times, when I wasn't researching Primal Scream Therapy, I also used the famous S&M Device of Snapping Rubber-Bands around my Wrist, training brain to associate crave with Bad instead of Nicotine's Faux Reward. I tell you, I felt Crazy, and Oh So Ridiculous, tending to the giant welts on my wrists from my snap snap snapping but, magic was wrought (and lickity split too). Later, a poultice of Witch Hazel to care for unsightly bruises.
  21. Congratulations ! At six months, a sort of calm began to wash over me and a realization that Time was on my side. Look what you have accomplished, Lace !
  22. Two Years (and Two Days ?) A beautiful achievement. Just Beautiful, Leanna.
  23. Six Months Feels Really Good, Aine, doesn't it ! Wow. Really, really Good and even better yet to come. Some crazy times for y' all lately. Damn. No more Jumper Cables, ya hear me ? Suitable Fireworks will be provided. Trumpets, also. Toot to toot toot ! Six Months ! Hooray.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.