Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

babs609

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by babs609

  1. babs609 commented on Sunshine59's blog entry in redemption3
    I am all for anything that helps you but make sure you stick to that plan of 1 or 2 weeks "That way i don't get too bored"--I can think of about a thousand things to do that aren't more boring than chewing nicotine gum....if it was just about the activity you would just chew regular gum. This nicotine addiction is a sneaky devil
  2. that is why the first year is so important. I remember having this feeling even at 9 months...and I was PISSED!!!! Don't let that discourage you though...because looking back...it was one moment or two. Otherwise I was walking around happily as a non smoker for the majority of the day and I would get angry because a minute or 2 in my day I was feeling the itch...really??? But yea...it pissed me off and felt like it would never go away. That I was doomed forever because I was once a smoker...I would be cursed! Not true! It gets better...much better!!
  3. welcome back Michelle! Let's do this thing!
  4. babs609 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    9
  5. babs609 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6 what's going on? just checking to make sure sticks aren't cheating again...they are a shady bunch
  6. babs609 commented on Sunshine59's blog entry in redemption3
    this is true! So...how can you change that?
  7. That’s just it. When you post, it isn’t part of any discussion. You just blurt things out randomly and make posts. That’s what the blog is for.
  8. Redemption you were not banned from the previous one....your post had to be Approved before they were published. Once marylandquitter comes back on he will once again do the same to this account you can still keep the account you can read, you can watch the videos you can post but your posts will need approval. Please stop making new accounts...if you continue to do this, your IP address will be banned completely. Also if you feel you need to Write something down.. Because it keeps you Calm...please use the blog that’s what it’s there for.
  9. those that relapse were still convinced somewhere in their brain that smoking actually did something for them. Even if they stayed abstinent for 10 years. those of us who KNOW it does absolutely nothing for us....we will never relapse. Ever.
  10. 1 month is truly an amazing milestone! You are a non smoker....on your way to the lido deck!
  11. awesome job Christa! My mom's name is Christa...a very special name
  12. fantastic Christine!! Keep at it. Just gets better!
  13. well done gonefishin!!
  14. What the Fluffies say--"awwww..Sorry about your relapse..get back on track and start again" "Never quit the quit" "Life is tough yes..but you can do this" "Get back on the horse and do it again" "You've got this, YAY!!!" What the Toughies say--"Be truthful with yourself" "Everything you are saying is BS" "where was your SOS????" "you need to take your quit seriously as if your life depends on it!!!" "stop with the excuses!!" "you think I'm being too hard on you? Well try getting cancer!", "easy peasy!!!" The truth is...on a successful quit board....we need BOTH types of support. That's why it works here. They compliment each other. They are both vital. Sometimes you need a gentle hand, sometimes you need a swift kick in the butt and to be called out on your s**t...and sometimes you need both at the same time. But...I believe..despite our different styles of support...we agree on more than we disagree, that is for sure. One word we all use frequently...no matter what type of support we dish out....is NOPE!! I think we also agree...that everyone can quit smoking. What else do you think we all agree on when it comes to quitting smoking?
  15. I believe he will be back Jillar. He knows when he has it good. Rabbit prayers here too
  16. haha!! Good one Saz!! He misses me!
  17. did I babble too much?? ?
  18. First, I want to say how impressed and happy I am with all the congratulatory threads I am reading. You guys really do a fantastic job at supporting each other. Special thank you to Notsmokingjo for keeping them all squared and remembering anniversaries. Means so much for folks to be remembered and acknowledged. I don't want to leave anyone out so I won't name anyone individually (you know who you are) but special thanks also to all of you who follow those posts with encouraging messages, making them feel special and keeping them strong. You are such a special and fantastic group!! Thank you for all you do here! Without you, the QT would not exist. Thank you also to Doreensfree who has done a great job in her Moderating duty. It's not always an easy thing to separate when you are a member and a moderator. You are all so wonderful in fact that it upsets me to learn there has been some tension on the site in regards to personality clashes and maybe even forming alliances...and I am here to tell you that is an extremely dangerous epidemic for a support forum. Take it from me...I have been down this road before and it didn't end well. If I could turn back time, I would have handled it differently. Not because I thought I was wrong and they were right or vice versa...but because I should have been the bigger person.... because nobody comes out a winner. Just look at social media and politics...need I say more????? I am asking you....begging you all...to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...make an effort to overlook things and if you feel you can't...put that person on ignore. Also, if someone you just don't like posts something...unless you have something positive to contribute...please refrain from saying anything. If someone does post something offensive--please report it. Leave the moderating to the moderators. You can always also Private message me or one of the other mods if you want to discuss matters. We will do our best to help. MQ and the moderators here have always enjoyed a forum where people feel welcome and secure, to be able to post their feelings without judgement or criticism..and we have done that without heavy moderation. Let's please keep it that way...we are all adults here. For the past 4 years we have helped countless people fight the real enemy...that nasty smoking addiction. That's why we are here. Let's not lose focus on what is most important. It would be horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE, to lose members who need support or want to give support, just because you don't like them. I know NONE of you really want that. You are all better than that. Lastly...a reminder of the forum guidelines: Our guidelines are simple. If your post content, signatures, profile images, etc. are disruptive and impact our members' enjoyment of our community we may ask you to refrain from such actions or revoke your access to this community. We're here to help and support one another and have some fun along the way. This is your community. Make it count for something.--MQ
  19. Congratulations SSlip!!
  20. Oh that’s wonderful!! Great job Weegie!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.