Everything posted by Boo
- chicks or sticks
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
I've only really been "snowed in" once. Back in March of 1993, Southeast Tennessee got two-feet of snow. Shut things down around here for over a week. The sensible people stayed in. Young Boo was out trying his hand at hiking in the snow and sledding down a steep hill on a piece of sheet metal. I also had an old Ford Bronco with 4-wheel drive at the time and my thoughts turned to "let's see what this sumbitch will do in the snow." Kinda like that old joke: What are the famous last words of a redneck? That ain't shit, watch this!
-
Mona Is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
Do folks in other parts of the world rush out to buy bread and milk when there's snow in the forecast? People laugh at Southerners for doing that. I was just curious if that's strictly a Southern thing. There was a time when I would go out and buy a carton of cigarettes and a half-gallon of whiskey if there was snow in the forecast. Those days are behind me now.
-
She's Here!
Miss Maddie is ten-months old today and seemingly getting more adventurous and curious by-the-day. The little gal is still cruising but experimenting with letting go and trying to stand and walk on her own. I will hold her hands and give her some assistance with walking. Right now she lifts her knees straight up when she walks, always looks like she's walking through snow. When Maddie is not practicing walking and pulling up, she really enjoys emptying out cabinets and drawers that she can reach. I never would have guessed that spreading rolls of toilet paper, Q-tips, and bars of soap across the bathroom floor would be so much fun, but she really enjoys it. Presumably, Maddie is preparing for a pageant or parade; she is practicing her hand waving regularly now. She likes to wave at me and Sugar Britches anytime we walk into the room. She has become a bit of a local celebrity down at the grocery store. Sugar Britches typically goes grocery shopping early on a weekday. There are a lot of older people in the store at that time. Maddie waves at them and tries to talk to them. The old folks think she is the cutest thing ever...I agree. The little gal has come a long way in just ten months.
-
Post a Song you Like
- chicks or sticks
- Daily exercise log for everyone :)
- I did not think of myself as a addict
Recognizing the addiction is a big step in quitting smoking. All of those "reasons" we smoked. That list of times we "needed" a cigarette...all null and void. We smoked because we were addicted to nicotine. We were addicted to nicotine because we smoked. Smoking was never anything more than us feeding our addiction. You have made a breakthrough here Dianne. Congratulations.- chicks or sticks
13 All's well here. The biggest thing going on at Boo Acres these days is the little gal's quest to walk. I think she's made up her mind that she's going to be walking by her first birthday. Hope things are going well your way.- Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
- chicks or sticks
- Steven Drojensky is 2 Months Smoke Free Today!!!
- Hi new here and not doing well
I lurked here for a few weeks before I joined. Reading the stories of people who had successfully quit was a major impetus for me to start my own quit. Once something has been done, you know it can be done. Welcome aboard Dianne. Quitting smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.- Again, Still smoking!!!! :(
RULE #1: Don't put cigarettes in your mouth and light them on fire. RULE #2: If you have any further questions, refer back to rule #1. The process of quitting smoking could not be more simple. Complicating the process is nothing more than procrastination masquerading as planning.- Post a Song you Like
- chicks or sticks
+19 We're calling in the backups...- chicks or sticks
- Cool Commercials
Say what you will. Scoff if you like. Accuse him of "toxic masculinity" until you're blue in the face if you must. But...that Wrangler Jeans dude was pretty badass.- chicks or sticks
- Daily exercise log for everyone :)
- chicks or sticks
- Barb63 Is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!
- Gus Is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!
- Hello - new here... again?
Welcome aboard the Quit Train Magicalwoodpecker. The number we're aiming for is 0 per-day. Quit math is different than regular math: 0>5. You're already halfway there. Now, just go all-in and you will be free from the smokes for good.