Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Susana

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Susana

  1. There is a very sobering fact. And it is Maths. If we used to smoke 15 cigarettes per day, in one year... 15x 365= 5,475 cigarettes If we smoked for 20 years... 5,475 x 20 = 109,500 cigarettes So... If we relapse and go back to smoking 15 cigarettes per day... and smoke for another 20 years... We all think of smoking "one". Do I want to smoke "one"? OMG how I fancy "one" Of course we do... but do we really want to smoke the other 109,499 cigarettes? it is either none, or 109,499. There is no "one". None / 109,500 .... I think I´ll stick to none. <------------------------------ This is what 109,500 cigarettes look like
  2. Afternoon! NOPE here have a great Saturday everybody!
  3. Susana replied to whackamole's topic in Socializing
    And so they married and lived happy everafter.
  4. We want to relapse because we think that we are going to feel better after the relapse than now. It is our lizzard, basic brain taking over. We do things without thinking long term. I want it, and I want it now. I quit smoking x days/weeks/months ago, but now I want to relapse because smoking is going to calm my nerves I quit smoking x days/weeks/months ago, but now I want to relapse because smoking makes me look cool and fit in with my friends I quit smoking x days/weeks/months ago, but now I want to relapse because smoking will help me lose weight and look good I quit smoking x days/weeks/months ago, but now I want to relapse because smoking is fun Hang on... "smoking calms nerves? "smoking makes you cool and fit in with your friends? "smoking helps you lose weight and look good? "smoking is fun? Really? These are lies, and we know this BEFORE we quit. We in fact quit because of these lies. We quit because smoking is a pain in the butt, that makes us be on edge 24/7, makes us look like dirty losers, makes us mix with the "wrong" crowd just because they smoke, it stinks, it tastes yuck and it is definitely not fun. So, if we knew this right BEFORE we quit...... why have we forgotten it once we are quit?
  5. The way I see it, based rather on my experience last year than my so far short current quit. - One doesn´t relapse unless one wants to relapse. This is clear and as you point out in your message, it is the worst case scenario. Usually worst case scenarios never happen because are a) unlikely and b.) mainly under our control even though we may not be aware. So the relapse option is just.... not an option. You will not relapse because you don´t want to. And that is that. Now, let´s see what really, really, really worries you, as I read your message... The constant battle How to avoid the constant battle? I have to go back to Allen Carr for this, and his idea of reprogramming our brains so that we repudiate smoking. If we can reach that point where the mere thought of smoking is repulsive and obnoxious, we will be happy non-smokers and there will be no battle. Just happy non-smoking lives. We won´t think of smoking as we don´t think of sucking on our car exhaust. I can´t see other way other than reprogramming. Obviously we have been programmed to believe in the cigarette for 20-30-40 years, we would be fools to believe that we can undo all that in just 4 months! Most folk who are successful report that they had come to peace with their normal non-smoking life (no battle) around the 1-year mark... so let´s wait and see, and work on the reprogramming in the meantime to see where it takes us. Nothing to lose, huh? Thank you for bringing up this matter :good:
  6. Susana replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    I think we should do a poll for Jimmy to change his avatar... Who knows how to do a poll? :P
  7. Gorgeous girl! You make such a lovely couple! I hope Quita has indeed quit smoking by now :( Do you still have both dogs and the kitten? (well, the kitten would be a huge beast by now...) :give_heart:
  8. Susana replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Thanks sweetie! Petra ALWAYS looks good :wub: I was afraid of my real mug ending up on a JibJab... not any more :P
  9. I always say that "Happiness is always having something to look forward to". :)
  10. Quitting is fun here... chatting, sharing experiences, learning from others and posting silly cat videos... it goes from fun, to hilarious, to downright ROLMFAO. I admire those that quit alone and arrive here with already days or weeks behind them. Well done you!
  11. Yep I´ve done the same and it true works. I would recommend it only as last resort, always considering first that cravings do not hurt, but cuts do, and that bruises last longer than cravings... and look terrible. Next time I try it I will make sure there are young men around... :P Funny that I´ve never had any problems riding back from the beach club or the bars... it is when I go up in the mountains stone-cold sober. Maybe my drunken mind is more cautious than my sober mind, who knows ;) I´m glad it was just a nasty shock and a few bruises. Please look after yourself, wear a helmet, and don´t drink-ride. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((Whackamole))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  12. The saddest time is when you know you are quitting. You don´t want to smoke any more. You just want to quit, but still you procrastinate... this is my last one, no... "this one" is the last... OK, I may as well finish this pack... hang on, it is Friday, I´ll quit on Monday... then you quit on Monday and by Tuesday the cravings are bad so you re-consider.... OK, a one-day quit is nothing. It wasn´t even a "proper" quit. I wasn´t ready yesterday, but I´m ready now, I´ll quit "properly" after this one... no, "this" is my last one... OK I may as well finish this pack... hang on, it is Tuesday, I´ll quit at the weekend. That above is sheer torture. The only way out of that torture is to break the loop and go "NOW. I´m not smoking any more and that is that. Tough. THIS is it." And change the chip. And then you realise that the fear of quitting is actually more haunting than the quit itself. And that you have wasted precious days or weeks just procrastinating and wasting your time, your money and your life. I remember once I was on a bus. I couldn´t wait to reach my destination to have a cigarette, but the traffic was horrendous. I was craving like mad. Even considered getting off the bus in the middle of nowhere, have a cigarette and wait an hour for the following bus. I was looking at my watch, desperate counting the minutes. half an hour came and went and I was shaking, hiperventilating, sweating, really craving bad.... Well, THAT craving was much much much worse than any craving I may have had since I quit. When you KNOW you are about to smoke your addicted mind goes berserk, in anticipation and frustration for the wait, which makes cravings awful. Once you quit you KNOW that you are not smoking any time soon, so your smoking mind may get frustrated and annoyed, but never with the same intensity. That´s my experience at least :ok:
  13. Tiff!!!!! What a compliment! I'm elated. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ It must be tomorrow in Australia or somewhere. Girl, you should start the new pledge! Just this once! ;-)
  14. Noboby, really.... it qas p ly on my head.... nver mond No joke.... this to me is the biggie. I love(d) reading, sewing, crochet, kniting... I swap hot flashes galore fo eyesight. : -(
  15. Well done! :-)
  16. Susana replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    Barbie, show them the money! ;-)
  17. Susana replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
  18. I'm on my mini-phone now.... but I can type... and you will wonder.... and ask, rightly... "Susana,how come that you have had your new phone for almost two months now and this is the first time you can actually type properly?" And I answer: "Because I'm wearing reading glasses". :-(
  19. Sh**** im on phone again!!!!!! Weewewwheewewy!!!!!!!! :-)
  20. Hmmmmm.... :-( Tiff, please don't forsake us... :-(

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.