Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Susana

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Susana

  1. I meant.... keep away/ keep off this placw I'm at :-( My ex: why on earth do yo go to the botton of the garden and sit on a brick????? Me... thinking...'because I don't want to be comfortable'.(rolly eyed smiley) Get it?
  2. I'm here... but I'm not. I'm in the most uncomfortable of places. Damned if you do , damned id you don't. Coming home. Thank you for keeping the light on, so that I can find my way back. Noboby invited here. It's not fun. Keep away.
  3. I need to do some serious self-assessment, and really find out what went wrong this time. Whatever went wrong, went wrong weeks ago. I have to find out. At this moment I don´t even want to talk about it. I´m too angry and frustrated. As soon as I cool down, if I have anything positive to contribute, I will post. I just thought it would only be fair to let you know, rather than just disappear.
  4. Susana replied to Susana's topic in Socializing
    Thanks. It is actually getting cooler as in from tonight... as the weather woman says. I´ll be OK. Good night.
  5. Susana replied to Susana's topic in Socializing
    I´ll be OK.
  6. OMG Jenny! You have just surpassed yourself... that is soooooo cool. See Leanna! Very special celebration (and blimey! blonde hair does suit you!) :) :) :)
  7. it is indeed a tryumph... or whatever the spelling indeed... Identifying triggers early on is so wise of you! Well done on kicking them from day one! If you don´t want to smoke, the battle is won. So concentrate on that. You are doing fantastically well! :good:
  8. Susana replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    Gorgeous pictures. :wub:
  9. Susana posted a topic in Socializing
    For the last three or two weeks we have been suffering a heatwave here. I is not just the high temperatures, the worst is the humidity. You spend the whole day wet. It´s nice to be in an air-conditioned environment, but as soon as you step out... and walk 20 metres (to the next air-conditioned environment) you are soaked. The air is heavy. I can feel the pressure in my legs. I think I´m not fat, I have just expanded. I can´t sleep. I spend the night playing with the aircon remote and I go through the day like a zombie. I look terrible (no make up, no heels, frizzy hair). I feel terrible. I´m blaming all this for the hardship of my quit lately. I just want to feel well... I don´t want to smoke, but my junkie brain (my chimp) gives me that offering, the poor thing, thinking it will help me feel better... It is hot. And it is hard. Has anybody ever felt something like this... or is my brain just melting away? ( at least now I´m looking at excuses NOT to smoke, which is a nice change coming from me)
  10. Look who´s posting... Can you bl**dy read YOURS? These are the stats that keep me grounded.... either none or .... 5,000 or 12,000 or 500,000 None, one at a time. Edited to add: I have actually checked my own... and I can´t believe that in this seemingly short time I would have smoked nearly 1,000 cigarettes. Mind boggles. Please check your ticker. NOW.
  11. Susana replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Beards are all the trend at the moment... Any more members with gorgeous bearded pictures? Ideally male members, but everybody welcome ;)
  12. Thank you for your example and contribution! Well done on two years! :good3:
  13. Not a bank holiday here, unfortunately :( ... but N.O.P.E. all the same. :ok:
  14. My vote goes to.... CELEBRATE! :give_heart:
  15. It is not really an statistic, but in Spain 90% of the cost of a pack is tax. That is another good reason not to smoke. I pay enough "compulsory" tax already, to keep paying also "voluntary" tax. And 100% of smokers quit. Some quit voluntarily, some quit by doctors orders, and some quit just briefly before... you know...passing In my experience the success rate is close to 100%. I don´t know anybody that has seriously tried to quit and hasn´t quit in the end. OK, maybe it took them more than one try or longer than one year. Like getting your driving licence. In Spain 40% of those who sit the theory exam fail it... from the other 60% that go on to actually do the practice test, 50% fail. That statistic looks even worse than the smoking one, doesn´t it? Come to Spain and you will find it hard to find anybody over 30 that hasn´t got a driving licence - wanting one, obviously. That statistics that have been doing the rounds only count each one try and each one year. They are bulsh** . Statistics like that are based on polls. Polls are bush** too. Not those polls we do here, of course, those are scientifically proven methods of study and important decision-making tools ;)
  16. I remember being down to my last fiver before pay-day and spending it on cigarettes instead of food. If I was downright broke I can see myself begging to get money for cigarettes... hang on, I have done that too... :( (begging from friends, that is, not outside the shop). Actually... Would I be desperate enough to beg outside the shop to get cigarettes? Hmmm.... gosh I honestly hope I will never be in a situation to have to find out, not because I am not that poor but because I do not smoke any more. I see in my ticker that I have "only" saved around 200€...that is nothing compared with some tickers around here. But I would happily pay double that for the peace of mind of not having to check my wallet constantly for change (the cashpoint is almost 4 Km away). One of the reasons I quit has been, top of the list, the waste of money. That and the freedom. Even before health reasons. Good that these benefits all come together :P
  17. She has to want to quit. If she is not even curious enough to take the wrapper off... she is probably terrified of even facing the truth of her addiction. You are offering the best help possible: your example. One day. Surely :good:
  18. Susana replied to Pippa's topic in Off The Record
    Kick him out of the bed and sleep right in the middle like a starfish. Show him how hard indeed yo can be. Or tell him to harden up too :sarcastic_blum: Have a good night. Things will look much brighter tomorrow. :give_heart:
  19. Susana replied to Pippa's topic in Off The Record
    Sorry, had to edit when i misread your quit date... you are over one year quit. You definitely do not want to smoke. What a load of rubbish. It is something else... "a couple of days"... something must have triggered that... Have you changed your diet lately? or could medication have caused it? (((((((((((((((((((((Pippa))))))))))))))))))))))))
  20. Googling "podcasts".... I can only think of Bakon´s avatar... :wacko: Edited: you guys are so techy-savvy! :huh:
  21. I don´t believe in statistics. Tell me what you think, and I´ll give yo a statistic that supports it.
  22. Hahahahaha! Loved it! Thanks Jenny! :give_heart: We do have fun here don´t we?
  23. I pledge I will not amoke today. No matter what. NOPE.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.