Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

El Bandito

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by El Bandito

  1. its the acronyms that give it away.. my old man was WO at NICSCOA in SHAPE. I remember the feeling of panic I had as he told me that and I had not the faintest notion what any of it meant....
  2. Think Butch Are Butch I just bought pink pants....
  3. couple more letters and you have Alphabet soup.... Military in your family Babs?
  4. I am guessing we are now at 3... Paul - I think we might manage to dress for dinner what?
  5. Not One Puff Ever - Laura. nothing more, nothing less. Keep on keeping on!
  6. Favourite vacation? If you did not live where you live now - where would you like to live and why?
  7. Where did your knowledge of football / soccer come from?
  8. El Bandito replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    Do you envisage staying in Norwich for ever? What is your dream holiday?
  9. All true.. Generally much easier not to bother with the whole relapse/requit thing...smoking is loads of hassle. :)
  10. Atta girl Sharky! You got this.
  11. Aye You are a long time dead as they say...
  12. Hey Marti... Part of my new regime (Productivity) is the weekly review. Now this is still a work in progress, but it combines GTD (GetThingsdone) and the 7 Habits... To cut a long story short - I put aside an hour or two to got through to do lists and calendars and all that day to day stuff. But I also go through some of the more esoteric stuff - sort of reviewing longer term goals, things that are more important than urgent... Call me Elton - but it's actually not a bad idea to explore this stuff. Yep - feel sad at some stuff...but also, "hey look, I quit smoking. Wahaay!" I think that we used to live in Black and white - grainy smokey sepia tones...all of a sudden, life is in glorious Technicolor. Go with it.
  13. My bank let it through - but then declined a different thing today. They then called - before cancelling. Sue, Ross - sorry your bank got a bit carried away.... However - explain to SO that in these fraudulent times it is best to change details once in a while to throw the bad guys off ;)
  14. El Bandito replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    Excellent. I'm free. in terms of bridesmaids dress - I do prefer a tartan...although just bought some pink Trews...very me I think ;)
  15. Blimey! Sharon - I will be as much use as a Chocolate Teapot here... but it sounds like you are on the case for you and Lucy - and making real progress. I do an excellent line in virtual hugs - sending your way. I can also provide a superb 'Harumph - just keep your back straight, your chin up and soldier on' ;)
  16. El Bandito replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    TAC What next? (and I still want to know why the bags don't inflate on the oxygen masks..)
  17. Double thread?
  18. Marti - Diving back in here.. I think you may just have taught me something... Your Mum. You feel sad, you feel emotional because you are watching your Mum, who is demonstrably dying because of smoking related illness, smoking. I might be wrong here - but isn't that how we SHOULD feel? I think smoking robbed me of a lot more than I might actually have thought about before....
  19. Hi Laura Sorry that you smoked. It is none of my business - but it had nothing to do with your son - or your argument with him. Your inner junkie might tell you that there is a connection - there isn't. Your inner junkie might even have set the argument up, or escalated it in order to convince you to smoke (my inner junkie is a sneaky little bar steward!) You will argue with people again. You will get stressed again. You will get hurt again. These things will happen whether you stick a fag in your mouth or not. There is absolutely no shame in relapse. It happens. You don't like it and I don't like it. You have come on here, 'fessed up. Respect to you for doing that. Read, watch - commit to not smoking again. Laura - you can absolutely do this. You have proven that to yourself already. Get right back on the train and QUIT. We are all here for you :friends:
  20. TGIF! Smoking sucks. Just for today - I am going NOT ONE PUFF EVER Who will join me?
  21. Awww Holski. That's a pain in the butt. Still. That's done. Welcome Aboard the Quit Train! (pssst...you might want to read about a system called SOS. Saved a few quits) The real question is - have you learned something? Have you cracked "it does nothing for you"? What's the plan with that?
  22. Marti... Nah, you're just weird. He-He! Only kidding. Completely normal I think. We both completely altered our body chemistry. We both taught our bodies to cope with and even demand poison. Then one day we stopped. The emotions do settle a bit - but for me EVERYTHING is more vivid. Taste, smell, emotions. It is as if smoking was a huge dirty blanket that I had over my head and lived through..now its gone. That is great. You are doing brilliantly...and it gets better.
  23. Go Doreen! Congratulations!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.