Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tink

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tink

  1. Well done Tyme, 1 step at a time and the rest will fall into place
  2. Tink replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    pretty much lol
  3. Tink posted a topic in Socializing
    So winter is here and the snow is falling last year we kinda just hibernated and did not embrace the season, this makes for a very loooooong winter! This year we have decided to embrace it and have some fun with it. We have already been the first 2 idiots on the sledge slope the other night only to be joined by an 8 year old boy whilst his parents watched from their nice warm truck! (Video evidence to follow as Rez has it on his phone but he is in hibernating mode this morning Tonight we are hitting the 2 ski slopes, might be more drinking hot chocolate then ski-ing but we will be there lol This morning I am watching a documentary about some surfers, surfing in the Artic Hell NO, them crazy fools!!!! but the views are amazing. I figure SNOW is like Marmite you either hate it or love it! Whats the weather like where you are?
  4. how wonderful, welcome Ellen this is amazing! I always wanted my mum to quit but she would never even try, she died this year a horrible death, sorry to be a pooper but this is real life. what you are doing together with latoya is inspiring and you both look beautiful
  5. Tink replied to Latoya's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    welcome Latoya, your determination and the advise and knowledge here will ensure your success, but it is your determination that lays the golden egg, post as much as you can, read everything and jump in and join in, when you are new to the board it can seem a bit daunting at first but after a few posts you immediately become part of the quit train family, you should find something to your taste in the social side and there is no such thing as a silly question so ask away!
  6. Happy birthday doreen xx
  7. hey doreen any news on the scan??
  8. Boo and Doreen the gimpy suit convo is just too funny! and too early i just ate breakfast and now my sides hurt!!
  9. congratulations Missdixie, 7 months is awesome!!
  10. I definitely need to up the cardio, Don't Think I'll Be Training For Marathons But Need To Push The envelope, Did You Have To Go On Statins OR Stop Them Once You Ran more?
  11. Good luck with it doreen, let us know x
  12. This will totally be rez, he won't go for tests until after Christmas but I bet he us normal!!
  13. I know all about gall bladders and stones, Rez mum has just had her gall bladder taken out on Monday she is staying with us to recoup, but she was sick for a while, its not good :( are they not removing your gallbladder? I will share my lettuce if you share your beetroot, love them
  14. I had many hormone blood tests done and a fasting one, the thing is I was diagnosed a few years ago in Uk with high cholesterol so I was doing the diet and exercise and thought I was ok so when this new diagnosis came through I was shocked and that`s why they said about the gene related issues, I checked through family and yes all the women had it, I think its made worse these days due to the western diet and processed foods, I totally agree with you about they want you on meds for nothing here, but I think in my case its for the best. Im usually the sort who dont take meds and try and treat through diet but im no nun and I have some vices just everything in moderation, the new BUZZ word lol.
  15. So I have been diagnosed with gene related High cholesterol, there is a fancy medical term about but I cant be bothered with all that jargon, it inherited by one or both parents, basically I am fat on the inside! which I feel is unfair as I am quite active and eat quite healthily, apparently even if I just smelt lettuce all day my liver would produce high bad cholesterol :( So just diet and exercise wont cure it, so I am now on statins! So my advice is even if you are quite fit and healthy on the outside, it might be a good idea to get your bloods checked at least once a year! now wheres that lettuce!
  16. wow you ladies are putting my routine to shame, think I will have to up the Anti! BAT and Bakon step away from the doughnuts
  17. nice picture jimmy NOPE
  18. hi and welcome please read, post and join in as much as possible, education and support here will get you through, use the social side for distractions and the many topics to read up on quitting and realise you are not alone here.
  19. hi Arynn, I am sorry for the loss of your father, he would be very proud of you quitting but don`t just do it for him do it for YOU, you derserve to be healthy and feel better, your body will feel out of whack for a while with symptoms you are not used to, the best thing in these early days are fresh air, moving however much you can, drinking plenty of water, juices, cut down on caffeine (without nicotine caffeine is doubled in strength for you now), breathing take slow deep breaths, long showers or baths and treat yourself to something nice. What you are going through at the moment is temporary just keep going through the fog and you will feel better.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.