What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

11 hours ago, catlover said:

Thank you Sazerac. I wasn’t expecting it to taste like chicken, just have  a chewier consistency. I read it can be chewy, so guess I didn’t cook it properly or for long enough. I will try draining it over night and gently frying as read that will give me a better texture.

the one I bought said it didn’t need pressing, but it didn’t say to drain overnight either. I guess I just need more practice.

i do eat chicken, but trying to have a few non meat dishes too.

If you dry it out in the fridge overnight it gets firmer.  'Silken' tofu will never really get firm, it's a different animal and nice for the cheese/herb egg like thing.

If you want something chewy try some Tempeh.  Tempeh is great and super firm and delicious.  A soy product, not tofu.

I don't bother with pressing, just leave it draining overnight and the fridge dries it out quite well.

But, you don't need a 'press' if you want to press.  Just put a plate over tofu in the strainer and put a heavy can on top.

The texture is the texture of tofu.  I couldn't describe it as being 'like' anything else.

A favourite is putting it with homemade stock for a creamy gravy or creamy soup.  

or sautee and spanking with soy and balsamic at the end in the pan.  sizzle .  then putting into a bowl and shaking nutritional yeast over it.

check out Chinese and Japanese and Indonesian recipes.  They know how to handle tofu the best.

and don't forget....wrapping it is bacon works for everything as @reciprocity suggests.  

good luck. @catlover

• Thanks 1

Day 2 done at the restaurant and I think we are a little ahead of schedule. We need to finish the cleaning and sterilization then configure all the tables so that we meet the social distancing protocols. The we will prepping all the food items for the menu so we can open next Thursday. Back at it again tomorrow at 8am.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mac#23 said:

Day 2 done at the restaurant and I think we are a little ahead of schedule. We need to finish the cleaning and sterilization then configure all the tables so that we meet the social distancing protocols. The we will prepping all the food items for the menu so we can open next Thursday. Back at it again tomorrow at 8am.

Doesn't beer kill the virus? I was kind of counting on that 🥺

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, reciprocity said:

Doesn't beer kill the virus? I was kind of counting on that 🥺

Me too! 😋

Watching the season premiere of Alone on History channel

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Getting ready for day 2 back in the work force. Yesterday went well, met a couple mild triggers and urges head and I beat them. The real test at work will be when we're busy.

Hope all's well at work !!!.some normality in your life !!!!

Just think of my heavy frying pan coming to whack you ,every time you get the urge ....

I will find you !!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 6:51 AM, Mac#23 said:

Getting ready for day 2 back in the work force. Yesterday went well, met a couple mild triggers and urges head and I beat them. The real test at work will be when we're busy.

Macky Mac.  You don't smoke.  You understand that smoking doesn't alleviate stress, it creates stress.

Try not to future trip about what happens when it gets busy at work.  You will face the triggers as you've faced previous triggers, successfully.

Lean in on your new confidence, your trust in yourself.  You will not fail.

We are here to cheer you on...can you hear the crowd roar ?! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 9:51 PM, Mac#23 said:

First what Saz said 100%....I once gave myself a fully blown panic attack about using my sewing machine because the world time before when i did i craved so bad....it was a total waste of energy because when i finally pulled me head put me arse and just used it ... I was fine. ... Don't waste time on maybes...you got this mate.

Right now I'm wonderin if smoking is still allowed in bars/clubs/restaurants where @Mac#23 is?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Right now I'm wonderin if smoking is still allowed in bars/clubs/restaurants where @Mac#23 is?

Not allowed in bars/clubs or restaurants near me. Another quality day at work with no real smoking urges to speak of.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm betting you've got the work/smoking link broken at this point Mac 😉 Possibly helped you that the work situation is I'm sure quite different at this point so your mind was more focused than it may have been had it been just another normal day at work?

• Like 6

Made a list of all the states in the United States just to see if I could remember them all.

Spoiler

No I did not. I forgot five of them before I got bored and deleted it 😄

• Haha 6

Hey, good luck tomorrow, @Mac#23.  I have every confidence in you and send you wind for your sails.

I spent too long setting up a still life photo for a new study, future painting.

But, it is just a sort of joke-y thing

punning on 

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries

(please give a listen)

with

Bowls Of Cherry

1742914942_BowlsofCherrybig.thumb.JPG.50986e3dabbd1065fbaa9274fc909a1f.JPGspacer.png

• Like 5