Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you doing right now

Featured Replies

56 minutes ago, Wee fluffy me said:

as for this time yep abscess but had to x ray and tooth was too far gone.. soooo 3 injections of novacaine later tooth is gone

@Wee fluffy me am so surprised they removed it with an abscess.   I have had many teeth abscess and they treated the infection first and then either root canal or remove the tooth.  I always thought pulling it during an infection could spread it.  I do know the pain with an abscess is incredible.  So glad you are feeling better. 

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 574.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Dyed Easter eggs for the first time in what seems like forever tonight.  Maddie had fun with it and Papa Boo has figured out that using a tarp like a drop clothe makes cleaning up after a toddler art

  • Just watched my last grand baby graduate.  He grew up so fast.  A very special grandson.

  • Just got back from the pulmonologist and he said I don't have Fibrosis! Yippee!!!! I responded well to the z pack and after I get this blood pressure down you guys will be stuck with me for a while lo

Posted Images

@Linda Thomas I know.. seems that's emergency dentist code.. last time they done same thing .. I had to go back twice in seething agony to be told it just needed packed with that iodine stuff.. then after almost passing out in pain on my 3rd trip they said Ooopps should have given you antibiotics.!! 

 

@jillar the numbness is wearing off and the pain of a big burly man swinging from my jaw is kicking in..!!

Hope you feel better soon and healing is fast.

 

The good news is, you are no longer a smoker as the dentist would have instructed you not to smoke for several days after you got your tooth yanked. That's pretty standard and virtually impossible for a dedicated smoker to follow.

I know reci.. it was great when he said do you smoke and I was like NOPE I quit 1 year 2 months and 10 days ago and  all peacock proud only I had been given 3 injections and was all numbed up.. so it came out ..  oop a av wp oon ear hoo nunfs hen aas aoo...???

Packing to take off for a week in the motorhome.  Weather looks cold and we are going to freeze our little behinds off.  

I will need some good vibes.  I am the worst back seat driver and, of course, know that I am the best driver of the two.  ?  Now he has this contraption to pull the car behind the RV and wants me to get used to pulling that!   

I do feel solid in my quit but need the vibes for my husband.  He needs to learn to sit back and realize that his wife is always right!?

Will keep in touch if we are in the internet range.

Enjoy linda, i'm heading up to the Mts(pokes) for Oktoberfest in a bit for an extended stay. R&R, work was crazy this week... Can't wait for a nice warm fire and smores???

2 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Enjoy linda, i'm heading up to the Mts(pokes) for Oktoberfest in a bit for an extended stay. R&R, work was crazy this week... Can't wait for a nice warm fire and smores???

You enjoy yourself also.  Not too much beer.  Love the fire and smores too.

5 minutes ago, jillar said:

man it's hot outside!

We were like record temps the past week in the 80 and 90's.  We are going to have some 35 degree nights for camping this week.  

Sounds like you deserve that beer.

It was 96F degrees yesterday and 44F degrees today. Felt freezing cold when I went outside this afternoon :63_astonished:

I wish the transition was a little more gradual :100_pray: 

Yes, that's confused. Not about your post but about that wacky weather you're having! We have a chance of thunderstorms at 5:00pm AND 6:00pm lol.  But it is muggy enough that it would be cool, haven't heard thunder and lightning since the one hour last year we got it lol

^^^ Yes! Everywhere is getting weirder weather these days. Seems to be getting more extreme each year now. The hurricanes, the wild fires and the temperature extremes are crazy now. 

Last few days it was 80's F with humidity around 90-95%, today the high was high 60's humidity 50%. Pa right now is 48 F and the low tonight 41 F... A lot of rain yesterday and last night cooled it down . Bi-Polar weather, i love the fall weather. My favorite season

9 minutes ago, Whispers said:

i love the fall weather. My favorite season

Me too.  I sure dislike the winter cold though.  I agree with reciprocity that the weather is crazy anymore.

5 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Me too.  I sure dislike the winter cold though.  I agree with reciprocity that the weather is crazy anymore.

Same, the snow birds have the right idea. That will be me one day.

8 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Packing to take off for a week in the motorhome.  Weather looks cold and we are going to freeze our little behinds off.  

Getting cold here too! Snow on Sunday! Be safe, Linda Thomas, on the road and with your quit! We're here if you need us.

Love on your husband and enjoy your time together.

  • Author

Just got in... Softball Season is on... week two... I didn't play but it has been a full day... beautiful sunny weather, not too hot or windy..... the kid did her knee pitching.... so had to take her to the docs... looking at an MRI when the swelling is down.... very sad... then I coached her women's team so the coach could play and fill her spot.... It was so sad.... she asked to pitch... she K2'd 2 batters then because they are lazy and just used a floating pitching plate as she was waiting for the throw in from the catcher she step backed hyper extended and twisted her knee and was down like a sack of spuds.

 

@Sazerac, Reci and I have your letter all sorted. Sorry I was awol for the day.... you have a safe journey and come back to us soon.

Aww Jo ...

Sorry to hear your little person has hurt herself doing something she loves...

Very painful...poor little mite....

Sending hugs ...and speedy relief......it will take time to heal....

Keep us updated...

Wondering where all my peeps are...

 

Its offy quiet in here...

 

 

Aawww Jo hoping no serious damage is done and all is well soon..

 

 I was at A&E with my darling daughter the other day cos she broke her finger playing dodgeball in P.E at school.. now she can't do her gymnastics that's costs me a bloody fortune ?

 

Geez just read that back and noticed I sounded all heart NOT.. ??

 

Edited by Wee fluffy me

Waiting for the jitney to the airport.  The joys of travel are underestimated.  Americans in their pajamas and house shoes and all the screaming children.  Aren't they darling !

I call them 'confit'. 

  • Author
14 hours ago, reciprocity said:

It was 96F degrees yesterday and 44F degrees today. Felt freezing cold when I went outside this afternoon :63_astonished:

I wish the transition was a little more gradual :100_pray: 

 

Sounds like Melbourne... Big rollercoaster temp drops up and down.... its like mother nature has bloody PMT with her mood swings.

 

 

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Aww Jo ...

Sorry to hear your little person has hurt herself doing something she loves...

Very painful...poor little mite....

Sending hugs ...and speedy relief......it will take time to heal....

Keep us updated...

 

Sadly she normally hates softball and only plays so her friends have a full team... which is good...  but she was having a really good game and my brother came to watch her as he is over in Melbourne from interstate for the weekend and she was batting well and had taken a catch and was pitching really well... like really well, then she steps awkwardly on some dodgy equipment and drops... and she is getting too big to be carried by me let me tell you that she might only be 12 but she is like an adult was lucky my bro swoops in and fireman lifts her off the field.... she has crutches until Monday when we are back at the doctors but she wont use them cos she is hopeless. Oh well get the swelling down and my be something minor. She is just excited cos it gets her out of PE where they are doing basketball which she hates.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.