Introducing myself

Ron van Quit

Hi, I call myself Ron van Quit. (Pretty close to my real name:) I started smoking when I was 14 years old and smoked without quitting for more that 24 hours for 44 years. I was up to 40 cigs a day for the last few years. I quit about 9 months ago. I used Champix for 5 weeks before I smoked my last cig. Champix was a pretty weird trip for me:) I really love being free from the dumbest addiction on the planet and am thriving on the the benefits of being nicotine free. I'm kinda anti-NRT and use my own acronym instead: NNN (No Nicotine Never) to protect my Quit for the long term. I recently discovered whyquit.com and am quite happy with the research and info. Understanding is powerful. Wishing everyone a fabulous Quit  Recovery:)

• Like 2

Hello Ron glad to have you aboard.  I too smoked for 44 years and just recently quit (5 1/2 weeks to this point) and I am really beginning to see the benefits.  Sounds like you quite a bit along with your quit --- congratulations.  I too am not an advocate of NRT, I went cold turkey and glad I did (I like your NNN).   It can be done and to be honest I think you get through the hard part easier.  When you use NRT you kind of only delay the inevitable.  Lots of good people here that are willing to share and give help anytime.  

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to Quit Train RVQ! Congrats on having 9 months quit under your belt. That's impressive! We have a whole library of Joel's videos here although you may have seen them all by now if you were part of the Why Quit community. You are correct in your statement about "Understanding". Knowledge about this addiction and how it works is truly the key to quitting successfully long term :) Oh and, another Cold Turkey guy here as well. Get the Nicotine out ASAP was my thought! Other methods may work for some but I'm glad I went CT!

• Like 1

Welcome RVQ, and congratulations on your quit!!

Big cheers to everyone who quits...regardless of the method.  I used Chantix...does that make my almost 5 year quit less than others?  I say well done to anyone who quits and stays quit, regardless of how they get there!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ron van Quit said:

Wishing everyone a fabulous Quit  Recovery:)

Wishing Everyone Fabulous Freedom.

It is so Free

also ,

Fun, Fascinating, Felicitous and For Real.

NOPE-ly yours,

S

p.s. I am delighted you are here,RvQ

• Like 2

Sorry I'm getting here late to this welcome party but wanted to add my good wishes to the others' and say glad to have you aboard the train. I also quit last May- on the 20th.  Nice to aee your success just in front of me.  Looking forward to getting to now you better here.  All the best! PT 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, Ron van Quit said:

Hi, I call myself Ron van Quit. (Pretty close to my real name:) I started smoking when I was 14 years old and smoked without quitting for more that 24 hours for 44 years. I was up to 40 cigs a day for the last few years. I quit about 9 months ago. I used Champix for 5 weeks before I smoked my last cig. Champix was a pretty weird trip for me:) I really love being free from the dumbest addiction on the planet and am thriving on the the benefits of being nicotine free. I'm kinda anti-NRT and use my own acronym instead: NNN (No Nicotine Never) to protect my Quit for the long term. I recently discovered whyquit.com and am quite happy with the research and info. Understanding is powerful. Wishing everyone a fabulous Quit  Recovery:)

Welcome aboard, Ron!  Isn't it amazing how good it feels to once quit and then realize how crappy we felt all of those years?  Congrats on the quit!!  Hope to hear more from you.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, Ron van Quit said:

Thank you for your warm welcomes, it actually brings tears to my eyes. I feel at home already:)

Yeah it is pretty cool here. Even a new person can drop in and feel like they have been part of the place for years. They even let ME stick around.

• Like 1