SOS new member

Steely

Your more likely to die sooner..if you continue to smoke...

My hubby is the same age as you Steely...he has end stage Emphysema...

He can spent 16 hours on a oxygen machine..in and out of hospital,tons of pills,..nursing care to tend to his personal needs...

I'm  slightly younger than you...just been on holiday to New York...7  hour flights ,walked the whole 7 days there..sightseeing...

Enjoying good food,  cocktails ,meeting great people ....

I'm doing more now than I did twenty years ago...so to answer your question sweetheart whether your too old...no way...you'll love the new you..i promise...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steely said:

I could be dead by the time I wrap my head around this thing with any real feelings of comfort and acceptance.  

There are very few guarantees for any of us in this life.  I could get hit by a bus.  I could be struck by lightning.  I could choke on a piece of food.  I probably won't and if I pass on positive things today because something bad could happen tomorrow, I will be left with nothing more than a missed opportunity and regrets.

Take care of the things you can control.  Deal with fate as it unfolds.

It's going to take a long time and wonder whether I am too old to quit? 

Do yourself a favor and quit looking down the road for some magic moment.  You used to smoke and now you've quit.  You broke through barriers of doubt and fear and took on the challenge of quitting.  You've already accomplished something great.  Congratulate yourself.

As for that time in the future when not smoking feels more normal than smoking used to...you will get there.  We all did.  Time perception is a funny thing.  In the early days of a quit, time seems to drag on.  Then, quite naturally, you will feel far removed from smoking and be surprised at how fast the months pass since your quit date.

I ask if its worth it.  

Absolutely.  Positively.  100%.  Worth it and then some.

This process will reward you exponentially.

Going to NOPE thread to commit for another day. 

And that's how it's done!

• Like 3

Me too Doreen^^^^^^  brilliantly said boo..

Steely my wee granny quit when she was 75 and passed her 100th B'day :D

I'm 4 months into my quit and honestly for the last month the puffs haven't  bother me at all, sure I still get the odd crave but it's just a passing thought easy to dismiss infact I don't even think it's craves anymore it is more like a habit, like the other week I got a new job, I was so excited and there it was the wee voice in my head saying "oh that's fantastic news c'mon we'll go have a puff to celebrate" ( that was the first time I'd been that excited since I quit !! haha) because that's when I puffed the most when excited or stressed but I said "HELL NO, get to the back of the bus" and gone it was.. :)

So remember this doesn't last forever, you can do this, stay strong :12_slight_smile:

• Like 2