This is what happens

Abby

When you let your pride get in the way of smoking instead of posting . You give away a hard earned quit . Don't do it . Post before no matter how long you have quit . There will always be those who judge .... but you only owe yourself to keep the quit . 

Thank you for the time I spent in this wonderfully supportive community . 

Don't let this define your quit.  Don't use this as an excuse to continue to feed your addiction.  I don't delete accounts,  don't give up on people and don't subscribe to the notion that relapsing is any kind of a valid reason to just give up. I'll be back with a couple of videos that you need to watch. 

• Like 4

We are here to support you no matter what happened. You know you can do this because you already did. Get right back on this quit horse and stay with us. No one is judging anyone here. We are all here to support each other and get the support we all need ourselves. Stay with us!

• Like 3

I'm sorry you guys , I didn't realize all these posts were here . Thanks for your responses, and really kind words . It's been a rough day . The good news is I am back on my quit .  I appreciate the videos  as well and will make it a point to watch them all . 

• Like 5

You can do this Abby, and it's clear you really want to. You could have just disappeared but you didn't and I for one am so glad you didn't.  Now that you're back up on the horse, Abby, grab on and hold on for the whole ride.  We're not letting you go, so don't you let go of those reins.  Hang on for dear life-literally!  You can do this, just like we all did!  

Rooting for you,

PeaceTrain

• Like 1

I remember in my hospital thread you mentioned about being six years quit.

Threads like this one scare me though because it makes me wonder just how or why someone could even consider it possible or even want to smoke after so many years quit.

people that quit but it only lasts a couple days, alright, they are facing the brunt of the side effects but years after? Seems like one just could not physically do it. Kind of makes me scared, like what if I am in the same boat a year or so from now? Well shoot, I guess it is time to check out the videos about relapse.

Do not beat yourself up though, you avoided tobacco for six years. At least you know you can stop this smoking again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Abby said:

I'm sorry you guys , I didn't realize all these posts were here . Thanks for your responses, and really kind words . It's been a rough day . The good news is I am back on my quit .  I appreciate the videos  as well and will make it a point to watch them all . 

I was so happy to see this ...

We are all addicts...and must always be on our guard...

Stay on the train Abby...all anyone of us ,can do is learn by our actions...

I'm proud of you...

6 hours ago, Jetblack said:

Threads like this one scare me though because it makes me wonder just how or why someone could even consider it possible or even want to smoke after so many years quit.

people that quit but it only lasts a couple days, alright, they are facing the brunt of the side effects but years after? Seems like one just could not physically do it. Kind of makes me scared, like what if I am in the same boat a year or so from now?...

It's because we're addicts.  We'll be in that boat for the rest of our lives but the hum of the urge lessens greatly once you quit.  If you were to reframe your thinking, the only truly scary thing is to continue to be active in your addiction.   That's a road to an imprisoned life and a hard death.

• Like 3

I applaud anyone who is doing all they can to stop feeding their smoking addiction. Whether it be their first attempt or not. We can not just walk away and not try because it may not last forever and we could relapse even years later. People make choices every day. Why people can still go back to smoking even after years quit is because they are still addicts as we all are. This can happen to any one of us but, it will only happen based on the choices we make going forward. I would venture to say, there is no one who has relapsed after a long period of time quit who would not say they are happy about relapsing.  Sometimes the lessons we learn about this addiction are hard lessons and sometimes, those hard lessons are the best lessons because we never forget them.

• Like 1