New Here

NoMore

Hello all,

I just joined a minute ago, and glad to be part of a recovery community. I had my last cigarette an hour ago, and want it to be my last. I had two days, and then allowed myself to be triggered by a really stressful event. That is when I fall down. Good to be with you. 

• Like 2

Welcome NoMore! We're happy to have you as part of our family of quitters :) Please read all the stuff you can here, particularly the "pinned" posts at the top of the page. Understanding this addiction is really important. You mentioned about the stressful event that caused you to relapse? We believe that smoking will reduce stress from life events but in reality, smoking just reduces your anxiety that comes from needing to feed the addiction of smoking. Your life events are still there whether stressful or not. Smoking does nothing to fix those issues. Get rid of the anxiety you create for yourself by smoking and needing to feed that addiction every hour or so and you'll be that much further ahead.

Hang around and let us support you on your journey to freedom!

• Like 2

Hello and welcome...

Congrats for taking back your life ,from this horrible addiction...education..this is how you will succeed...

You still believed smoking did something for you,that's where you went wrong...it does absolutely nothing...soooo

Read,read ,and read some more..start  with the main board..the posts pinned with a green square...there is tons of info there...

We are here to help you all the way to freedom...

Looking forward to getting to know you better ...

• Like 1

Welcome aboard NoMore.

15 minutes ago, NoMore said:

I had my last cigarette an hour ago, and want it to be my last.

Really commit to making that one the last one and you're good to go.

Take advantage of the information available here on the Quit Train.  Learning about nicotine addiction dispels the myths and lies of the cigarette.  And you're surrounded by quitters here, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Congratulations on choosing freedom over cigarettes.  Good call.

• Like 2

Hey there NoMore.  Welcome to the QuitTrain community!  Here, you have access to great information and kind, supportive, funny people who say it like it is. Everyone here has been incredibly helpful and welcoming to me since I joined here last June (I think). Anyway, read, watch videos from the Joe, Spitzer library, read more and post.  Keep us informed on how you're doing. No matter what your personal challenges with quitting smoking may be, they are dwarfed by the dangers of continuing to smoke. If you haven't done so, check out Alan Carr's book, "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking."  I believe it's available online at no cost. 

You can do this, NoMore!  We're here to listen and boost you up if and when you need it.  

• Like 2

Welcome aboard!

Becoming nicotine free is a simple 2 step process..

deciding to quit is the first step...

COMMITTING to that quit is the next step .

And there you have it!;)

seriously...no "giving in" to craves...battle through it, and you will come out on the other side much stronger... 

You will hear it time and time again, but... It will get better with time....hang in there and find out for yourself

congrats on making a great decision !!

• Like 1