Here I go again

Amy

Amy, I'm late, but wow did you do awesome! 

It's not always easy, but it's always doable.  You just have to just keep holding that rope.  That little voice saying, "I need a cigarette" fades and fades and fades and fad

And of course we got your back.  It's your quit, it's your time now.  You are so much stronger than you ever thought you could be!

I am normally pretty in control- calm cool and collective unless it is PMS which it is not.  I really feel like numbnuts right now.  But you know what I have decided this is okay.  

Amy I am so sorry for my late reply!

Those cravings can hit you like a freight train.....I remember when they hit me out of the blue I felt like something hit me hard. Then I started talking to "Smokey" and told him NO loud a few times...it worked but they didn't stop.

Then I welcomed the cravings. I stood there and said "well there you are..ready to lose another round?" It made me laugh...(great now I am talking to myself) but it helped a lot. I started singing loud (I can't sing) I got me boxing gloves and a punching bag and that did wonders for me. 

I realized very quickly that I didn't have a problem with the withdrawal, I had a problem with the memory of smoking. It over rolled me; thoughts like "oh I always smoked outside" or "I always used to smoke when....." so I started to re-train myself. NOw I say "How cool I always HAD to smoke outside, what can I do now? or "great I just mowed the yard and I deserve to sit down and just watch the dogs".

I guess there is just no "one fits all solution" ....you are doing great  going toward 2 weeks. I am so glad you posted a SOS

• Like 1

I am normally pretty in control- calm cool and collective unless it is PMS which it is not.  I really feel like numbnuts right now.  But you know what I have decided this is okay.  

you are not a numbnuts lol - i do like the term though  :lol: you did not smoke that makes you pretty smart in my book xxx

• Like 2

everything is under control now how can that be???

Was it Tracey saying she was coming to get you maybe?!

I saw a quote from someone once and for the life of me I can't remember who it was. I rang true with me and I think it will with you true. That quite was

'Quitting smoking was both harder and easier than I expected it to be'.

So yeah, sometimes it is easy, but sometimes it is really hard. You just got to be prepared for it. I'm glad the guys here talked you round. Sorry I wasn't here: darn movie night lol

• Like 1

Hi Action,

I have to agree it easy most of the time and hard occasionally .. it is the occasion that I have to get myself through which is really tough.  I can not smoke for 10 days and then all of a sudden decide that I have to have a cigarette? (I did not) but it is definitely crazy- I know this will time and I really appreciate that all of you were here for me.

• Like 4

Amy, I am so sorry I have not been around to help with this. I was so elated to read all the way through and see you come out the other side as a nonsmoker.

You are living proof that 'THIS TOO SHALL PASS.' All we have to do is wait for that next minute, perhaps the hour, or maybe tomorrow.....but things WILL get better.

You are my rockstar!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

• Like 2

are you kidding me Amy -why not just ask the neighbour to knock you on the head with a hammer and wake you up in the morning when your senses have come back to you

you dont not smoke - you are a non smoker - you have come so far and to do this is utter madness - now you have to get angry with yourself and this feeling and say shut the F up I do not want to smoke and am not listening to this junkie head!!!

no nice things here you need to get nasty - sometime its the only way - it was for me

now you fight to keep your quit no matter what - until you dont have to fight so much

you had better not smoke - or I an coming to get you!!

Amy you can do this - you can get through this!!!

if I can then you can

^^^^^  Yes!!!  Loved this post... and I'm glad to see you're hanging in there, Amy, you CAN DO THIS!!!  yeah.gif