Day 3 - Jason Vale Quit Smoking App

Hi all. So I'm on day 3 and just thought I'd pop in to say hi. Have to be honest that the App has been amazing for me. Something just clicked as I listened to it and I haven't really struggled too much with cravings at all. The nicotine is now out of my system so I'm not getting the physical 'craves'. For me the hardest part is sleeping. I haven't had a full nights sleep since this started. I wake up every hour without fail. After the fourth time, I then struggle to fall back asleep. I wasn't prepared for that at all. And I think about it a lot. I read about it. I stalk forums. I'm just so astounded that I've quit. It was very unexpected. I guess after 23 years I almost thought it would always be. Anyway, I could obviously talk about this for hours so that's it for now. Just 'hi'!

• Like 2

I think some people might assume you're here to spam the app, which wouldn't be well received, and I dithered at first. But I've decided you sound genuine, and the part about not sleeping and obsessive thinking and being astonished all remind me of me back then - every morning for months I'd be shocked all over again as I stepped into the shower without first lighting up, I'd say to myself "I don't smoke anymore" like a bewildered child. Not that children should smoke to begin with. Anyway.

Here's a secret - your sleep will come back, and it will be AWESOME.

Congrats on day 3, and welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Aha. I did wonder why I got no responses. I'm Genuine. And I really am on Day 3. And it really has been going well...... But tonight I feel little thoughts creeping back in. I keep getting those 'bargaining' type thoughts. So far I am not acting on it. But I am eating a choc ice at 1 in the morning! Nice to meet you both. Thank you for taking the time to say hi.

• Like 3

Aha. I did wonder why I got no responses. I'm Genuine. And I really am on Day 3. And it really has been going well...... But tonight I feel little thoughts creeping back in. I keep getting those 'bargaining' type thoughts. So far I am not acting on it. But I am eating a choc ice at 1 in the morning! Nice to meet you both. Thank you for taking the time to say hi.

You're new here, so I fixed it for you.  :)

Day 3 is hard! Do what you gotta do, just don't do what you gotta not. 

• Like 1

My opologies.....bumble was right....I thought it was a spam....

So now would be a good time to say....hi and welcome to the quit train....

Congrats on a great 3 days smoke free.....please tell us something about yourself....so we cam make friends....

Read all you can here...it's full of good stuff.....

We will support you all the way....post,post.....this is how it's done....

Glad you found this great little place....

• Like 1

Welcome, good on your quit and me too wasn't sure if you meant to spam about the app or join the forums gues you're true willing to quit and joined for that reason ;)

GOOD!!! Don't bagrgain, junkiethinking can creep in and take you over in no time I've learned the hard way I NEED to cut off any creepy thought with NOT ONE PUFF EVER oh and I add 'cut the crap' since me relapse as many excuses to make you smoke again are loads of crap :) Still a creepy voice in your head? I just reply no discussion possible, NOPE no matter what and it worked for 9 months till I let thecreepy junkie in relapsed but I got back and care less about smoke and your sleeping will get better.

Just that creepy junkie thinking is a hazard and I (many can tell you kinda the same story) had it 9 months and didn't expect the creep to sneek up onme I REALLY thought i had my sticky quit but never forget nicotine might be out your system, one puff and your back to square one.

We might no longer smoke our brains will Always (and it will get less) be addicted it only needs one puff to be smoking another 10 years like Joel says in his vids.

I underrestemated that creep, junkythinking that might be a sleeping volcano for the rest of your life but I think we will Always have to seriously realise there's not 'that one cig' we addicts no worse or better and that nicotine we can starve to death, Just keep it starved dead.

Everyday now when I not think of smoking and write here I feel blessed for how easy this quit is going but I WILL NOT underestamate my inner junky which can pop up, with stress, crisis, deaths etc.

I will Always be that nicotine addict but I AM A NON SMOKER and I AM FREE

• Like 2

Hi to everyone. Nice to meet you all. Sorry for the typos, I type on my iPad so sometimes make errors without realising it.

EVelyn, you are so right. I'm doing really well, I'm not struggling and tearing my hair out. I'm not grumpy and stomping round the house like I thought I would be. However, I just get this tiny little voice....."maybe when I'm completely quit, I can have the odd one" and "surely one won't undo everything". I have colleagues at work that never smoke, 1 hasn't ever been a smoker, 1 gave up a couple of years ago but sometimes, they would smoke with me. I would point out the lunacy of smoking when you don't have to but they would insist anyway. Then happily go home and smoke nothing for a week, then come to work and smoke with me again. It's soooooo STUPID but I wanted to be like them! I want my cake and eat it.

However, this is my tiny inner dialogue which I am ignoring. I slept much better last night. I feel much better. I had to run a fitness test on day 3 and I think I felt a teeny tiny bit better doing it than when I was a smoker. Just having no carbon monoxide in my blood was a help. I'm going to love this. I have dreamt of lungs that would respond to exercise without me feeling like I may die any second Now!

So, day 4......keep on keeping on (KOKO)

And a little about me as requested.....I'm a mother of 2, smoked for 23 years. Am now 34. Have tried to quit a few times but never really significantly. Have dabbled with NRT in patches, inhalator, spray, ecigs. This time cold turkey and good old knowledge is power. I work weird shifts, sometimes night ones, sometimes day ones. I work full time. I have a very supportive other half and he has quit also. Without the app or anything else. I'm in awe of him (though he went to the pub on his day 2 and had three puffs). He says it was awful and he won't smoke again. I say it's his quit, not mine and I never would force him to quit cos I am. Watch this space! Anyway, I could waffle all day!

• Like 6

You mean the emotions? I was more jumpy the first 3 days cut down on caffeine and I'm content cazI noticed I'd have a panick attack last time I smoked it incresed the fears and still I can have fears and panick just not the rush of anxiousness. I AM CETAIN many anxious people would benevit from quiting smoking, and boy I do have a drag of mental health problems BUT still no reason to smoke I Am so proud of having more oxigen and although we had the smokealarm going of when I cooked (yeah duh) the oven was giving a lot of smoke and the whole friggin house smells of itnow but there was no fire I realise how content i am with fresh air tonite I felt like smoking a pack of Marlboro is one hour

Ok sidetrack I BELIEVE ANYONE can quit, if friggin i ccan everybody can it's up to you how much drama you make of it.

Previous time I was really obsessed now I am OVER it dusted and done, just never buy the excuse of just one I fell because of that lame excuse and although O have what like 10 days I feel like it's 10 months what is should have been, this experience taught me to make a real choice I think the shit i was in was an excuse to romantise the cig and when did lighted it and smoked 10 a day and that nite my lungs BURNED I just cut the rope its over for real no 'cigarette and me' kinda like a deeper layer in my quit I had to conquer (which I understood more struggled with)

Ok enough yapping

Afternoon all. Well into Day 5, still smoke free. Last night I worked a night shift, strangely the early hours were tough. I guess my normal defences were down and I really started to let the nicoterrorist in. The app on my phone has some video coaching and short 'SOS' clips. I had to remove myself and watch one. Give myself a talking to. Ask myself what smoking ever actually did for me, then carry on. On the plus side, I live in rural land and there's no easy way to buy cigarettes at 3am! So, onwards and upwards.

Bakon - Fried spam sandwich, hey? I prefer bacon myself....;-)

Welcome to the board (Non smoking) smoking hot mother of 2... ;)

Like others, I didn't think the intro was real... But it didn't sound like most spam...the title suggested you were "pushing" an app...but the actual message never contained any sales pitch...lol..

Anyhow....

Congrats on your decision to live longer for your kids...Not one of us has regretted our choice to stay smoke free..

You seem to have a handle on this, but any time you feel "shaky" ..visit the board,ask for help or advice, read the info that is posted, watch some videos...... Whatever it takes to keep from lighting up... In the end it is nothing more than a choice.. Make the right one for you. :)

Well hello Joe

Nice to meet you too. Yes, the name is a bit 'eye roll' worthy, isn't it? Sorry but I was lost for inspiration coming up with a username and smokinghot came to mind. I'm anything but, more like chubby, greying, with smokers wrinkles and no tact. But hey, it's the internet right where I get to pretend I'm different!?

I'd never be overconfident and say I've 'got a handle on this' but I do seem to be doing ok at the minute. I have been stalking the forum and using the tools I have available including the app which has genuinely been invaluable. It's like carrying Allen Carr or any other smoking myth buster in your pocket which is bloody helpful when you need a dose of reality to counteract the nicoterrorist.

However, this is day 5 so I'm a long long way from my brain fully accepting 'non-smoker' as a title. I long for the day when my first waking thought isn't 'smoke'. The Second night of quitting I lay there for literally hours thinking of quitting and smoking and all sorts of smoke related things. Eventually I realised I'd spent 6 solid hours thinking of nicotine and absolutely zero minutes considering or thinking of my children. That was a reality check! Am pleased to say at least the insomnia has passed.

• Like 2

I would suggest taking smoke out of name. It's not in life and don't need to remind self of word at all. Join us with a nickname or real handle but in time you won't want smoke associated with you even with non in front of it.

Can I suggest a breakfast item such as bagel. Or muffin?

• Like 1

Hi and congratulations on your choice to be free from smoking slavery.

Well done.  Go ahead and re-catagorize yourself as a nonsmoker in your head.   YOU ARE FREE FROM SMOKING.   NOPE (not one puff ever),just for today.

Glad you are:

finding your way through the nicoterrorist  thoughts in the working wee hours.   

noticing the physical benefits in your fitness test

here and posting

I too once believed that I was just going to smoke until the end of my life.  Glad to see and say we both seem to have realigned our beliefs with how we actually want to LIVE in this world.

Welcome.