My craving is so ravenous, I feel weak!!! Help!!

Warrioringthrough

It's day 8! I feel really good, with the exception of some withdrawal that my body is going through, and the severe craves that come about, I had a horrible one yesterday but sat with it and it passed, it's gonna take time to train my body to not look for a cigarette in its routine of actions it's been so many years I get that, I see why it's important to engage in a lot of healthy distractions ha!

• Like 1

MT, it sounds like you would benefit from spending time in the Video Library; wander around, read and listen to Joel's insight.  Seems like you're doing some romancing of the cig and that will only keep you down.   Keep going, you're better today than you've been in years!!!

I'm craving the worst I have yet, I wanted one so bad!!! It's driving me a little crazy after all this time, it feels like it's getting worst the craves ugh

It'll go back and forth for a while, that's just the nature of the battle - hey if it was easy, everybody would do it! But you already got through hell week, and even though occasional craves will continue to snipe at you, and you might even feel like you go backwards a few times, on the whole you can expect things to get consistently better from here on out.

Thanks everyone! It's been 10 days now, I wanted to crack a few times but I'm slowly forgetting cigarettes were ever part of my every move, I feel really good, I can breath better, my mouth looks healthier, smell, skin, obviously the right decision, still a rebirth, and major life change but I feel really proud of myself, everyone is doubting me because of how much of a smoker I was, but it's not bringing me down this decision is for me not anyone else...

• Like 1

Today was the first day I didn't crave anything all day at work and didn't feel anxious to want to go out for the motion of smoking, I worked out was so excited now I'm in a baddddd crave... ughhhhh the ups and downs are crazy, it's insane how by the balls smoking had me and is trying to still have me but I'm saying nope but I'm craving ughhhh

• Like 3

And that's how it works :).  I'm happy to hear you have arrived at and felt the perk of "didn't even think about it!"..that moment it dawns on you is so cool .  Craves will happen but they become fewer and fewer.  I remember around week 5 I was on the treadmill being super happy and boom, broke into tears.  So weird what happens to our bodies as it adjusts.  We just have to roll with it and do our best to let it wash over us.  We know it will end.

Way to go WT. 

• Like 1

I love the encouragement thank you so much it helps more then I thought because I know you all know exactly how I feel! I really feel amazingly accomplished and powerful to go off and accomplish anything... It's amazing the glimpse into how life changing this really is... As a smoker we think it's just a cigarette, but Its really life and death even in a metaphysical way I feel more alive inside... I can't wait til a year goes by... It's nice not being afraid of no smoking establishments and wondering where I can sneak and smoke if I can leave a venue during to go smoke...doing my best ... Committed to lighting up the world, not another cigarette :)

• Like 4

I love the encouragement thank you so much it helps more then I thought because I know you all know exactly how I feel! I really feel amazingly accomplished and powerful to go off and accomplish anything... It's amazing the glimpse into how life changing this really is... As a smoker we think it's just a cigarette, but Its really life and death even in a metaphysical way I feel more alive inside... I can't wait til a year goes by... It's nice not being afraid of no smoking establishments and wondering where I can sneak and smoke if I can leave a venue during to go smoke...doing my best ... Committed to lighting up the world, not another cigarette :)

Love this!  Good for you!