My craving is so ravenous, I feel weak!!! Help!!

Warrioringthrough

I can't believe how these gross smoke sticks have been puppeteering me and my time around for 23 years... And I still want one... It feels like a break up, haha I'm going mildly wacko from quitting, but I hope I'll be okay and don't break and justify it with the just one excuse !!! Ughhh !! No!!

Your body is in the last throes of addiction. 72 hours and all of the nicotine is out of your system.

Your mind is just doing what you spent 23 years training it to do. It is reporting in, saying that in the normal run of things, you would now have smoked x cigarettes. Just be patient with it, and tell yourself there is a new normal...no more foul, lethal cancer sticks.

You got this warrior.

Stick with it, it really is worth it.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Who are you, where you from?

I'm Lila I'm from parsippany nj, thanks for the support! It's so hard this quit! I went to a vintage car show everyone was smoking all the old timers next to their hot rods I was dying!! Smoking creates bonds that seem fun but it's a false bond over a mere addiction ugh!! It's such a bad crave, really! I'm shocked I made it this far... It was gross I would sneeze and a brown mucus ball flies out of my throat it was a nasty sign to quit, plus my aunt is in the hospital with emphysema on a ventilator, she smoked while on oxygen and lit herself on fire, this addiction is hardcore ...

• Like 1

I want to cry it out in a way but the tears won't come out ... I'm gonna have a tea but when I smoke after every food or drink I would smoke so eating and drinking make it harder, I want to just sleep the week away ... But I have to stay active... Is any of this normal or am I a total nut!?!

Hi and welcome Lila,

So glad you found this wonderful place....this addiction sure sucks....

I was a 52 year smoker... It's doable...all you need is the desire to put them down and never take another puff...

We have a daily pledge...this is a promise you make to yourself ,that you won't smoke that day....

This helped me so much in the early days....and soon the days turn into weeks...then months....

Read all you can here...learn what you can ...understanding this acciction is your weapon...

Allen Carr,s..the easy way ...has helped so many....

Stay close....all the support you need is right here....

Congrats....

Ps...disturbed sleep is very common....slowly it does settle...

Smoking iis not on the table.......no matter what.....I live by this saying....x

Hi Lila, nice to meet you.

Right now, it's your Will vs the Crave. Either you will win, or the cigarette will win. You are a very strong person, awhile the cigarette is just an inanimate object that has no power but that which we give it... make the right choice, and you will win.

Congratulations on 3 days :good:

That nico monster he's sitting on your shoulder whispering....trying to keep you sucked in....

You ARE stronger than he is...every time you fight him....he gets weaker....

Do whatever it takes for you....keep busy....a nice long soak.....

Don't forget the treats....very important....you have saved x amount of money in three days.....but yourself something nice...

It doesn't matter what it is....as long as its a reward ...

Keep going Lila, remember your reasons for stopping. They haven't changed and the longer you resisted the weaker your addiction will be! But it does take time. The fight with your mind is hard and you will get the the "just one won't hurt", "you deserve to have one", " you haven't said goodbye properly", if your out for a night with friends "I will smoke just tonight, and quit again tomorrow" and many more but NOPE not one puff ever is the rule.

You can do this because you in fact already are x

Good Morning Warrior~Lila!

So glad you are here and posting. 3 days is INCREDIBLE.  Yeah, the things you're experiencing can be termed normal for early quitting. 

when the crave wide ride feels like the big kahuna......breathe,....again, ...deeper....., again,....sip juice or water,  breathe again,.....read or watch something on this train...check out the threads pinned in the tops.....  fall in  heap and wail, if tears won't come...just NOPE - not one puff ever.....  BREATHE...

you have done this three days....just keep rolling, reading and responding here with us.

you got this.  Wow!! ~ giving up hacking brown mucus, giving up the potential of setting your own oxygen tank afire, giving up making the tobacco industry more profit at the expense of your body never knowing fresh air...   CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR QUIT AND FREEDOM.    Rock on...no matter how wobbly.

WELCOME.... stick close and keep posting.    :bb: IT DOES GET EASIER,....breathe, again.

Right now it seems insurmountable, but I promise it's not! You're literally fighting for your life. When I was in the early days I'd watch a ton of smoking videos on YouTube. Even ones showing this woman with a bad smoker's cough as a reminder of what I didn't want.

You'll want to stay close to the board, sadly it seems that those ppl that slip away in the beginning often struggle WAY more. Here you have people who--every single one of us--has been there, and are here to help. We're here to listen whenever you feeling like posting, to help get you through.

You'll find all sorts of help here, from super empathetic, to 'tough love.' But every single piece of advice you'll receive comes from people that have one goal: to help you beat this addiction.

It can be tough at first but every day gets a little better. Right now sucks!! But it's *extremely* temporary and will be behind you before you know it. Hang tough.

PS Cinnamon sugar free candy and gum helped me a lot. Little bit of a kick to them.

• Like 1

Good morning, Lila, and welcomed to the QT.  Unfortunately, everything you describe is a normal part of quitting and you just have to get through it.  It helped me when I read that an actual physical crave only lasts 3 to 5 minutes.  I figured I could stand anything for that  long!  It also helped me to get up and get moving....walk around or better yet, march while singing at the top of your lungs! It is okay to scream, cry, rant, rave, eat everything in sight, bark, anything but smoke!  I promise you that you can do this...and it is so worth it!

I've suffered more for less, I am staying committed...I calculated I smoked almost 200,000 cigarettes in my life and spent close to 80,000 bucks in the years ! I think I had enough, I did go through this thing like sunny side said where I thought I didn't say the proper goodbye, then I laughed and thought about my father passing away and all the losses I had with out a proper goodbye and I warriored through!!! This isn't even a loss it's a major gain... I must admit it's hard being around my smoker friends they say do it little by little just have one to get by don't do it all at once, but I know there is no other way!!!

• Like 2

I also still have my last cup with water and cigarette butts in it on the porch, I smell it when I want one to gross me out!! Please guys tell me how good your bodies feel after you quit, I need to hear the personal positive health gain experiences to keep me motivated I'm seeing a friend who chain smokes later and I want to be strong !!

• Like 2

Because I smoked sooo long....I didn't know what it felt like not to smoke...

It feels wonderful....food tastes much better...I can breath much better...I have heaps more money...

I can hold my head up...instead of shoulders down .....sloping out for a drag or two...

Pride...I have this big dose of pride....

Happy....I was looking at 2 feet amputation...if I continued to smoke..

So yes best thing I ever did in my life....I probably saved my life.

My hubby has chronic emphysema....watching him struggle day to day....I feel so thankfully.....I quit.....

• Like 1

Wow! Doreen you are a warrior! And a guiding light! I like what you said about smoking not being on the table !! Thank you for sharing with me and taking the time to encourage my progress, it's scary but exciting to picture a smoke free life...I'm nervous for tonight but I want to stay committed, my best friend smokes so much trying to get her on the quit with me but she's not ready... So to face her and not smoke together is gonna be tough, but my aunt is now learning how to breath again after being on a ventilator so who am I to complain about learning how to be a nonsmoker in the world...