Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I've managed 2 hours without a puff. Is that good?

Featured Replies

Don't eat too much, you wanna leave a little room for being proud of yourself.

 I think I'll print this and put it on my fridge; add it to the collection of incentives milling about the house.

Three hours, but who's counting.

 

Can I do anything I want while in nicotine withdrawal, except smoke?

Yes, if it is not illegal, immoral, or hurtful to someone else!

  • Author

Yes, if it is not illegal, immoral, or hurtful to someone else!

Well, thank you my lovely! But, your not giving this old lecher a lot of wiggle room.

 

Why, look at the time. It's been 5 hours since I inhaled smoke.

 

I better eat something ...

Well, thank you my lovely! But, your not giving this old lecher a lot of wiggle room.

 

Why, look at the time. It's been 5 hours since I inhaled smoke.

 

I better eat something ...

Yes, that is probably the answer...

H Mike,

I didn't get to fight with my dentist unfortunately.  He did not ask so I didn't say much.  I told his assistant I was NOT happy.

Anyway!! Congrats on not giving up.  You know we got your back, we are here for you.  We all say, 'If I can do it, anyone can.' 

  • Author

Hi Mr Mike :)

Nice to see you.

 

How's everything in Sunny Florida?

  • Author

6 hours ... and the sticks are winniiiiiiiiiig!

Hi Mike...Just don't smoke and play the numbers game :)

Colleen is right... The numbers game... get in there and give us some competition

 

6 hours ... and the sticks are winniiiiiiiiiig!

Wrong numbers game but the chicks will get in there and fix that for ya... lol ;) 

MIKE!  So good to see you!  Let us know how we can help.  xx   Gonna have to have a chat party to celebrate!  

 

smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif

  • Author

MIKE!  So good to see you!  Let us know how we can help.  xx   Gonna have to have a chat party to celebrate!  

 

 

Hello Jenny! You folks are already helping. I thought of you a lot, while I was huffin' and puffin'. I felt that I let you down. I stayed away, until I felt strong enough to do this again.

 

B)

Hi Mike!  :)

 

Glad you are here!    You've got this

  • Author

Hi Mike!   :)

 

Glad you are here!    You've got this

 

Hi Babs.

 

It's good to be here. The withdrawal sucks but, it is much more manageable, with you guys.

Hey Mike - welcome back ... I've missed you ! :-)

  • Author

Hey Mike - welcome back ... I've missed you ! :-)

 

Hi.

 

Same here. It feels real good to be back.

 

Thank you, for the welcome ...

Good Morning Mike!

 

Day 2!  Woo hoo!

 

Check in please  :)

How are you doing this morning Mike?

Every second you don't smoke is good. Keep your spirits up ( your body is thanking you! ) Go for a nice walk in the fresh air and be proud! :)

Congrats on your decision to quit.  Keep up the great work. Welcome back.

  • Author

hi mike welcome back :)

 

Hi ya, Trace!

 

Thanks ...

Mike! Pick the right time ok? You already know you CAN do it. But sometimes things intervene that cause all of us to slip. I didn't plan a "date". I tried to cut down while I browsed sites to see what I was in for. You already know that info. If I have cigs in the house I will smoke them. I ran out & quit.... And it's such a short drive to the variety store. You will know when you are ready. Unfortunately NRT is necessary for me....but it beats a smoke. So many people on this site truly care. You will be ready again soon. Just take it one day at at a time. And message any time K?

  • Author

Mike! Pick the right time ok? You already know you CAN do it. But sometimes things intervene that cause all of us to slip. I didn't plan a "date". I tried to cut down while I browsed sites to see what I was in for. You already know that info. If I have cigs in the house I will smoke them. I ran out & quit.... And it's such a short drive to the variety store. You will know when you are ready. Unfortunately NRT is necessary for me....but it beats a smoke. So many people on this site truly care. You will be ready again soon. Just take it one day at at a time. And message any time K?

 

Thanks, T.

 

Any time you want to PM too!

 

I just finished a PM with one who, wants to quit again. So, my struggling here, "with my pants down", is not in vain. I know others are watching, even messaging me ...

 

Oh and there is "truly" a lot of quitting wisdom here, collectively. Lot's of experience. You picked a winner of a site, to "run with".

 

Kind regards.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.