Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Game** Two Truths & A Lie Game

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3k
  • Views 308.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I do actually have that picture hanging but I pasted a fig leaf over his stick. I do not know why I loved that guy.  I have all his Ben Casey series on CD and his music albums.  My girlfriends go

  • WTF  @jillar wins again.  I never opened for Taj.  My girlfriend had an affair with him and I was SO jealous, I love that man.   I was in an acoustic singer/songwriter duet with my firs

  • Mastergardener
    Mastergardener

    I'm just glad my turn is over. Too much stress on 24 hours no nic. Starting early on the CT.

Posted Images

#1 is left, you didn't teach your husband how to change brake pads

 

what is a lube and tune shop ?  You get lubed up and listen to the jukebox ? I kinda like it !  tee hee hee

9 hours ago, jillar said:

 

2. I worked at a Lube and Tune  shop

 

 

Yes @Sazerac. We have Econo Lube and Tune and Jiffylube and tune and a bunch more. But I never worked at one and I don't take my cars there. Did once but they're all entry level workers and if someone is messing with my car I want them to be experienced

Hmmmm... Let's see if I can do this right this time...

 

1. I once competed in a karate tournament and finished third after fracturing my foot in warm ups before my first fight.

2. I once walked for 15km on a broken ankle because I didn't want the guy I was crushing on to think I was a woosy.

3. I broke my own nose and eye socket why I dropped my shoulder doing a slap bunt and smacked it into my own face.

 

All I can say is ouch! and hope that number 3 is the lie. I've played enough softball to really feel that one.

#1 is left for me, I see.  I'm often lucky like this.

 

@notsmokinjo should be waking up tomorrow very soon today.

Edited by Sazerac

Well @Sazerac was correct, she is often lucky like this.

 

1. Was the lie, but only because it was judo not karate...3rd isn't that impressive because there were only 5 in my division due to height and weight and being mixed gender and belting. Didn't go to the hospital for nearly a week (because intially it was a case of, suck it up and compete for the club and then it was well it was ok to keep going during the tourny it can't be that bad... I was 9)

2. Yep, and that was after walking around on it for a couple of hours in the city. The things ya do when ya 14.

3. Yep it's true, I broke my own nose and fractured through the eye socket. Played 2 games cos it was just a blood nose and black eyes after it but that night when I was at the drags and it started bleeding like a tap and wouldn't stop, off to the hossy and 2 ops later.

 

Holy flippin batshit @Sazerac that is an impressive line up.... I don't want any of them to be a lie...

 

So maybe taj cos he's more a Harlem scene man...but nope I'm Gunna say..

 

1. And not cos I don't think ya good enough but because your two young to have opened for him. Muddy Waters died in the early 80s, Taj is still kicking and JLH died in the early naughties, so unless you were a child star I reckon it's 1 for the lie.

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Holy flippin batshit

@Sazerac I agree.  You have lived a very colorful life.  I am going to say #3 is the lie. I hope you let us know what type of act it was.  

I had you pegged for a writer.  

Edited by Linda Thomas

WTF 

@jillar wins again.  I never opened for Taj.  My girlfriend had an affair with him and I was SO jealous, I love that man.

 

I was in an acoustic singer/songwriter duet with my first husband.

 

We opened for both John Lee and Muddy in 1976 here in NOLA.  I was 21 years old.

Muddy shared champagne with us backstage and was warm and gracious, fiddled around with my dulcimer. 

Put his arm around us and said, knock 'em dead' as we left to go on.

I was on cloud 9.  Incredible show, Muddy Waters.

John Lee hung out in his trailer and didn't get to shake his hand but, man oh man....what a great show he did.

 

 

My vote is .................... Jillar's running out of lies!!

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

My vote is .................... Jillar's running out of lies!!

 

or truths....maybe we should go to two lies and one truth ?

1. I was a cord board operator years ago like you see in the movies

2. I wear dresses almost every day

3. I have never painted my toe nails 

#2  I don't think you wear dresses every day

 

you may have other people paint your toenails.

 

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

 

 

I was in an acoustic singer/songwriter duet with my first husband.

 

We opened for both John Lee and Muddy in 1976 here in NOLA.  I was 21 years old.

Muddy shared champagne with us backstage and was warm and gracious, fiddled around with my dulcimer. 

Put his arm around us and said, knock 'em dead' as we left to go on.

I was on cloud 9.  Incredible show, Muddy Waters.

John Lee hung out in his trailer and didn't get to shake his hand but, man oh man....what a great show he did.

 

 

 

Saz, you need to post a clip of one of your performances.  Please.  

Edited by Jordan7

I would have picked #2 for jillar, but who knows, and I have no idea what a cord board operator is so I'll say #3.  

11 minutes ago, Jordan7 said:

 

 

Saz, you need to post a clip of one of your performances.  Please.  

 

Sadly (or not) I left all that behind when I left Husband #1. 

Photos, autographs, tapes, all ephemera is gone.  It wasn't a pretty ending.

Ron is dead and his second wife isn't obliging (if our history even exists anymore).

There may be a tape of 6 or 7 songs somewhere in Sonoma County with an old friend, I've lost contact with. 

I wasn't a very good singer, harmony did not come naturally, my playing was OK but I was a pretty good performer and a decent songwriter/arranger.

It really wasn't my thing, just fell into it for about 10 years and had a whole lot of fun.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.