NOPE

jess

Day 4 and I can't say how helpful finding this support group has been to me. I have said nope to myself so many times throughout the day. Now If I could get rid of my attitude, I mad my family would be much happier.

• Like 12

Hi Jess!  I found these folks about 8 days into my quit and can definitely say I would not have made it without this place.  So glad you have joined us!  Push through any discomfort now and I promise you it will get easier.  Smoking is a non issue for me now.  Has been for a long time.  In the meantime, take it easy on yourself.  You're working hard to rid yourself of a killer addiction.  We can write a note to your family if you need us too.  lol

Stick with us and please reach out if you need anything. 

• Like 3

Welcome Jess :)  Glad to have you here...After your first couple of weeks, it's about going through situations your first time as a non-smoker.  Please do not hesitate to ever reach out to any of us for support.  On the board or through private messages.  We have all been through what you are going through.  It's gets so much better, I can promise you that.  There is a lot of reading about the addiction and this will help you more than you realize.  When you just need some distractions, head on over to the social boards and play some games with us...new addictions, healthy addictions :)

• Like 3

I am taking Chanix which helps tremendously but my anxiety and uneasiness is what is troubling me and didn't begin until I quit. Wondering if I should ask for an anti anxiety med...or do these emotions ease soon? Any thoughts out there?

I am taking Chanix which helps tremendously but my anxiety and uneasiness is what is troubling me and didn't begin until I quit. Wondering if I should ask for an anti anxiety med...or do these emotions ease soon? Any thoughts out there?

Not sure about meds I mostly smoke crack and do herion "is that how you spell it"

Hi, Jess!  Glad you are here.

Anxiety and uneasiness seems to be pretty common when quitting....regardless of the method.  How long have you been on Chantix?  If the anxiety gets too scary....check with your doctor.

So happy found us ...you can do this!

Day 4 and I can't say how helpful finding this support group has been to me. I have said nope to myself so many times throughout the day. Now If I could get rid of my attitude, I mad my family would be much happier.

Day 4.  Nicotine is GONE from your body !  Now you are living FREE.

You will change your patterns and work through your triggers and craves AS A FREE PERSON !

This is just SO cool.

You family will forgive you for being a bit of a wreck.  You have quit smoking !  

N O P E .

Thank you for quitting, Jess.  It is an awesome thing to do for yourself, your family, and the world.

Welcome to The QTrain,  we will help in anyway we can.

• Like 2

Day 4.  Nicotine is GONE from your body !  Now you are living FREE.

You will change your patterns and work through your triggers and craves AS A FREE PERSON !

This is just SO cool.

You family will forgive you for being a bit of a wreck.  You have quit smoking !  

N O P E .

Thank you for quitting, Jess.  It is an awesome thing to do for yourself, your family, and the world.

Welcome to The QTrain,  we will help in anyway we can.

Thank you so much..every hour I believe more and more that I just may have this under control..I may beat this for good this time..need to keep on repeating nope! You all are awesome! This is definitely a "pay it forward" support group.

• Like 3

Hi Jess, nice to cyber meet you :)

Congratulations on day 4 - what a wonderful achievement!!

Quite a few folks here used Chantix, so I'm sure you will get lots of help in that department :)

I'm glad that you found us, and looking forward to getting to know you and watching your quit grow!

Are you going to get a picture? A ticker? If you need any help, just shout!

Welcome to the family :d

• Like 1

Hey Jess, happy NOPE.

Cranky, it really does not last long. Completely normal and a bit individual, but it is a sure sign that you are defeating the addiction.

Your body chemistry is up in the air with a lack of nicotine and Chantix, but it will all settle down soon enough.

Congratulations on your quit so far, each day gets a tiny bit easier. Well done you!

• Like 1

Day 5 is tough. So far I've managed to be my pleasant self at work but today...I am feeling my inner bitch coming out..,everyone is beginning to irritate me...I keep telling myself breathe....focus and nope. I refuse to let the cigarette win.

• Like 5

That is right....cigarettes will not win.  YOU WILL WIN.   

Remember to breathe.....4 seconds in-hold 4-exhale 4 .  I am always astounded how Oxygen fixes most everything.  Breathe.

and we will do the N O P E dance with you.  Every hour, every day, always  N O P E.

You are winning, Jess.  You are Free.

Love,

S

p.s.  go outside or get in the shower where you can yell and be THE BIGGEST B I T C H you can imagine.

holler at it all and holler LOUD LOUD LOUD

• Like 1

Oh I'm late to the hello party....

Huge welcome aboard.....congrats on your great quit.....

Ya ...most of us have got a little bit narky in the early days.....it soon settles down.....

Take it steady one day at a time.....give yourself little treats ...after all what you are doing is amazing....

Come here and nope every day....it's a promise to yourself.....and it does work.....

Hugs xx

• Like 2