What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

Spaghetti squash and chicken scampi casserole...

20141017_194549_1.jpg

It was really good... I mixed in some mushrooms and some sun dried tomatoes into the chicken scampi and poured that over a bed of spaghetti squash and topped it off with mozzarella cheese and green onions.

Cooking the salmon tonight for lunch tomorrow. I woke up late because I haven't been sleeping well and wanted a quick, easy lunch without any cooking.

Since Steve is not a fish person, we're having roasted sweet potatoes, pan fried chicken, and steamed broccoli/carrots tonight. I'll post a picture later. :) 

Yum Scott! Looks so good. I wish I could eat eggs. I have egg envy, lol.

Steve and I went out for lunch for our 3-year anniversary tomorrow, but I knew exactly what I wanted to eat and tracked all of my calories beforehand. I had soup, a sandwich, and rice for 890 calories. No soda. I was proud of myself.

For dinner, we made homemade meat sauce (garlic, pork, crushed tomatoes, vidalia onion) and brown rice fettuccine. Came to about 519 calories:

10422398_10152579916478423_4313230149257

• Like 2

I see you are garnishing  Leanna... looks tasty!!!  How are you making out with the rice pastas???  I have been using them but try to only cook what I am going to eat for that meal. I find that saving leftover rice pasta sort of works if you are reheating it slowly to re-serve. The lasagna worked out really well but only if reheated in the oven, the microwave was not invented for rice pastas.  I will occasionally make a cold macaroni salad but cold rice pasta salads have a 24 hour or less window of good taste and texture. Got any secrets on how you deal with rice pastas??

Humbled... that looks really good. I am going to have to make a meatloaf soon, it is good fall season food. I will do a combo of beef turkey and pork.

On a less healthy note... I am now working on making a pumpkin cheesecake... My plan is to use honey and goat cheese instead of sugar and cream cheese... not sure what to do for the crust yet, but I am thinking maybe some different nuts and coconut with honey and GF oats... any ideas??

I will keep you posted

• Like 1

The pumpkin cheesecake sounds delicious and so does your crust. I think you should go that route. Post lots of pictures!

I'm fairly new to rice pasta, so I don't really have any tips yet. I agree though -- rice pasta was NOT made for microwaves. I too only make enough for one serving, just so I don't have to reheat. I'm still not completely sold on the taste yet, but last night's dinner was pretty good. I think I'm starting to enjoy the pasta more. 

On a related note, I completely changed my eating habits this week (more veggies, eating slower) and I've lost 12 pounds! 

• Like 2