Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

facebook page up and running

Featured Replies

  • Author

You guys are awesome!

 

So many people still smoking who want to quit but don't know where to start. So thankful for the Quit Train and its members.

Great Site, liked and shared and have passed this website and FB onto friends and colleaques who smoke 

Some of you may have noticed that there was a little Facebook icon next to the log in screen as well as on the log in screen itself.  I had to develop an app with Facebook to do this.  I figured that it would be handy if somebody from Facebook wanted to join the site.  But...

 

What I found was that when members sign up through Facebook, they must agree to share all of their contacts etc. that are on their Facebook page.  This is why some websites have this option because they use you as a data mine for their advertising to make money.

 

I deleted the app as well as the option to log in with Facebook.  We don't want or need anybody's contacts or anything else.  We're not here to market you or to make money from you.  The only thing we want from you is your wisdom and desire to help others quit smoking and stay quit.  That is all.  Not a thing more.

 

People will see our Facebook page and follow the link to us and can look around and if they want to join, they can do so without giving out any personal information.  :)

Me and my lovely french name are in, we've shared, we've googled, we've liked! Why am I talking about myself in the term of we?? We've finally lost it?!

  • Author

Oui oui Marti. :)

 

I think we will get a lot of responses from people coming from Facebook

Oui oui Marti. :)

 

I think we will get a lot of responses from people coming from Facebook

Yup - that and the natural listing stuff the guys are doing. newbies showing up means its working :D

Great marketing, I'll be sure to share the FB page with my buds.

 

I think it is the facebook page that is getting the newbies right now. We are not on Google yet and our new member rate is as good as anyone elses out there. Or at least that is my observation.

I think it is amazing that Facebook is directing newbies to us!  If you haven't already, like & share the page  :)

Some of you may have noticed that there was a little Facebook icon next to the log in screen as well as on the log in screen itself.  I had to develop an app with Facebook to do this.  I figured that it would be handy if somebody from Facebook wanted to join the site.  But...

 

What I found was that when members sign up through Facebook, they must agree to share all of their contacts etc. that are on their Facebook page.  This is why some websites have this option because they use you as a data mine for their advertising to make money.

 

I deleted the app as well as the option to log in with Facebook.  We don't want or need anybody's contacts or anything else.  We're not here to market you or to make money from you.  The only thing we want from you is your wisdom and desire to help others quit smoking and stay quit.  That is all.  Not a thing more.

 

People will see our Facebook page and follow the link to us and can look around and if they want to join, they can do so without giving out any personal information.  :)

You are awesome MQ. That's one of the big things I hate on Facebook. Whenever I login and Facebook tells me it's going to share all my contacts, etc. I generally stop dead in my tracks and retreat.

Because this message board is self supportive with no outside contributions, we must rely basically on our own resources to spread the word.  Please help share this information with everyone you know.  If you are on facebook...please visit our page and hit like and share!  

 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quit-Smoking-Quit-Train/550498668401231

I liked it!

I liked and shared- hope people actually pay attention

If you haven't liked & shared already, please do!  Soon the search engines will catch on to QT, but in the meantime our newbies will come from FB and word of mouth!

Some of you may have noticed that there was a little Facebook icon next to the log in screen as well as on the log in screen itself.  I had to develop an app with Facebook to do this.  I figured that it would be handy if somebody from Facebook wanted to join the site.  But...

 

What I found was that when members sign up through Facebook, they must agree to share all of their contacts etc. that are on their Facebook page.  This is why some websites have this option because they use you as a data mine for their advertising to make money.

 

I deleted the app as well as the option to log in with Facebook.  We don't want or need anybody's contacts or anything else.  We're not here to market you or to make money from you.  The only thing we want from you is your wisdom and desire to help others quit smoking and stay quit.  That is all.  Not a thing more.

 

People will see our Facebook page and follow the link to us and can look around and if they want to join, they can do so without giving out any personal information.  :)

^^This. 

Is why I'm here :)

  • 5 months later...

Just an FYI, I deleted my personal Facebook page back in August and since babs is the admin of QuitTrain's FB page, nothing has been affected.  Some have wondered where I went so I thought it best to let everybody know so nobody thinks they were deleted :on_the_quiet2: (except Ava). 

 

After almost 24 hrs with nothing to do but think, I decided that the limited time that I was on FB would be better spent here, doing admin things like rooting out spammers and working on projects that we have planned for the future.  :)

liked and shared   cool page

I have liked and shared and also asked my friends on fb to like as well x

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.